Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Europa League Playoff - August 2121

Spoiler

ol2BEqZ.png

A good first leg victory, particularly with some of the newer players not being able to be registered - Monteiro the biggest miss. However, they were deserving of their half time lead so we'll need to make sure we're careful in the second leg.

Spoiler

g5xYo3o.png

That first half goal more or less sealed the tie. It meant that they had to really come at us, and they weren't good enough to break our defence down while we were good enough to hit them on the counter.

August 2121

KD2oKtm.png

Things weren't quite clicking in those first few games of the month. But it's started picking up since then quite a lot, particularly with Monteiro on his one man mission to win us games. It's starting to pick up though, and we're starting to look like the team that we were last season towards the end.

GWjnicI.png

We're hanging about in sixth just now, but it's obviously still fairly early and the pack will thin out a bit soon.

September 2121

FFAuTqB.png

A stunning victory over Werder Bremen is the highlight, but it's an outstanding month all round. Kincl getting some goals as well is very helpful. 

wdpKGq8.png

It sticks into the midst of a three-way title fight.

LkWLFqj.png

And maybe I was wrong about our Europa group, but I'll take it. 

October 2121

bCKV5JG.png

We conceded a last minute equaliser to Usti, which was hugely frustrating, but other than that it was another excellent month domestically. Lucky to get away with a draw in Santander, and we deserved the loss at home to Molde. Still goin alright though.

lQdcAH4.png

We've pulled a point clear with that win against Viktoria Plzen, and I'm hopeful that we can make this spot our own.

nzx6R45.png

And we're still looking alright in Europe, although a couple more wins will be required.

November 2121

QRfnlhS.png

Not the best of months, with two disappointing losses in Europe and a fairly mediocre showing in the league. WInter break coming up soon.

SkMdzOa.png

We've fallen a wee bit behind Viktoria after that, but it's far from insurmountable.

c0umPQm.png

And it's make or break in our final group game against Racing.

December 2121

9NXmJaM.png

A nil-nil at home to Racing that sees us drop into the Conference League, and a decent enough 1-0 victory in our final league game before the break. I'll take it.

XfBnwQW.png

We now move to just two points behind Viktoria. Very much still in it.

L6BGRIz.png

A disappointment, I have to say, but we're still in Europe so that's something.

Europa Conference League - First Knockout Round - February 2122

Spoiler

TtYkCo2.png

A very good first leg victory. It was an even game, but we did have the better of the chances, and obviously got the goal to take a lead to Belgium.

Spoiler

IG1P4cw.png

Get in there.

A great finish for Cada's first goal and then his second was a tap in after a stramash in their box from a corner. Nevertheless, we again restricted them to very few actual chances, and deserved the win in the tie.

gWsn7Ju.png

Our reward is a trip to Porto (metropolitan area).

February 2122

gIy8DgF.png

Transfer window open, and I spent the time trimming the squad a wee bit. Kipiani was a good player, but fourth choice centre half and some of the others were on bigger wages than their talent justified so off they go.

Only one player came in - an 18 year old Argentinian centre midfielder named Ednei. A very technical player, he's an excellent passer of the ball which is his main strength. I'll need someone with defensive and running ability to play beside him as he doesn't excel at that, but he has an awful lot of potential.

Spoiler

ikhyLwn.png

SC8RsNm.png

Aside from the European exploits which I've covered above, but it was a poor result against Bohemians - a really poor result.

fMTAJBC.png

Still right in the title race though.

Europa Conference League - Second Knockout Round - March 2122

Spoiler

X0vVSlV.png

A good result I think, certainly one that gives us a chance if we can do the business in the away leg. And the performance gives me a lot of hope that we can do exactly that, as we were pretty unlucky not to win to be honest.

Spoiler

m1qkIWc.png

A textbook away performance, and we're through. A ball back in after a corner saw Gonzalez unmarked at the back post for our opener, and after that it was a relatively straightforward tie for us. The second was an unfortunate one for them - a shot hit the post, came back out and hit their keeper's back and went in. Lovely stuff.

But we're through, and that's what matters.

oYbfh1O.png

We're going to get hammered. 

March 2122

S4xNWf1.png

A poor month, and one that will almost certainly cost us in the title race.

Other than the first game, and the European exploits, we just didn't do enough in any of these games. 

IaLQbQi.png

And we drop back to four points behind. Could've been worse if Slavia had taken full advantage. 

Europa Conference League - Quarter Final - April 2122

Spoiler

2JWbHEY.png

We ran them much closer than I expected to, and in the end I'm pretty confident that we are able to get a result in the second leg. I'm not saying that we definitely will, but there's a chance.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that, despite it being 100 years into the save, Tottenham are still Tottenham.

Spoiler

jJffAVa.png

HAHAHAHA you fucking beauty.

As I said, Tottenham are still Tottenham. 2-0 up at half time and they've fucked it. We deserve a lot of credit, but an undeniable bottle job.

dS3NLKD.png

We're off to Scotland's newest city.