Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

June 2082

It's been far too long since I had any Indonesian players, so to address that I've brought in centre midfielder Nur Prakoso. He's pretty good, technically decent, good game intelligence and works hard. Only 19 as well so should get better. Very pleased to have him on board.

Spoiler

heq5pwc.png

UTWs0Wp.png

Very, very comfortable win in the cup against lower league opposition, and then we were made to work hard against Vytis but did enough to get the win there too. Quiet but productive month.

1MIECZq.png

We remain in second place, but the top four is incredibly tight still so who knows what'll happen. 

VGhEzyk.png

Luxembourg's Differdange (mind them?) wait for us in the Conference League. I'm not actually sure what the relative quality of the leagues are, so no idea how we'll get on but my first thought is that I'm relatively pleased given some of the sides we could have drawn.

PAOK of Greece are waiting for the victors, so either way it'll be a fairly short European adventure for us.

Europa Conference League - First Qualifying Round - 2082

Spoiler

gm0d8AY.png

I said I wasn't sure of the respective quality of the leagues - I am now. We're a good bit better than they are.

McCulloch's goals were very well taken, and it was good for Kurez, who's struggled a bit this season, to get a goal as well.

We'll be going through barring an utter catastrophe.

Spoiler

Ve2tUBe.png

No catastrophe's here, another professional job well done.

ZIJC62P.png

We're not going to beat them though, so it's the end of the road.

Still, not bad for a leisure centre.

Eqe60wE.png

I know in reality that India are a joke team, but in this save they're a pretty respectable team - 72nd in the world, they've made the last 4 World Cups, and tend to make it through the group stages of the Asian Cup.

Mostly I've taken the job as it gives me an opportunity to win the South Asian Championships, and then I can see what I can do at the Asian Cup too.

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - 2082

Spoiler

DOnErGu.png

We did really well here, very pleased with how we played. BUT they still won, and we didn't really create any clear chances. Their goal came from a defensive f**k up as well, which is really frustrating.

It means that we're not already knocked out, I suppose, but we're not going to play better than that and we're not going to win in Thessaloniki.

Spoiler

j7gtJwd.png

As I thought, we didn't win. Got the impression that they never really got out of first gear in this game, and had we scored they could have easily taken it up a few notches.

Still, it's a respectable showing for us so I'm pleased with that.

Made us about 150k in this wee run as well, which puts a dent in our horrendous debt so that's nice. 

July 2082

2qhPbri.png

Not much going on other than our continental exploits, but another loss against Zalgiris. That's three games we've lost to them this season, and we haven't looked remotely up to the same level as them in any of those matches. Really need that to change if we're to have a successful time here.

Jonava are shite and were brushed aside with ease.

QXEDwl4.png

Still in second place. Six games left.

It's still possible. 

August 2082

KDmJN0j.png

Mantas Lukosevicius dragged us through that month a bit, and thanks to him for that as we really needed it. Lovely last minute winner against Riteriai too.

It's all going well though. Cup semi final and we're doing enough to keep any title hopes alive.

RUg9sxj.png

Level on points at the top now, although we're behind on goal difference and have lost all three games against Zalgiris this season, which makes it tough. Had we taken anything from them, we'd have a great shot at the title. As it is, I think we're still outsiders.

Next up, I've got the South Asian Championships.

South Asian Football Federation Championships - 2082

My first games in charge of India have come along, and it's an instant chance to get some silverware with the SAFF Championships. India are comfortably the most successful nation in these with 27 wins - Afghanistan are the next most successful with seven. We've also won the last four, so I should be looking to extend that run quite comfortably.

No warm up games, but my squad looks like this - really annoyingly some of my better players have been called up by the under 23's for the Asian Games, so this is a bit of a makeshift squad.

ZwYEvy2.png

And some of my better players are in the spoilers. We don't have a very good squad, but should still be more than enough to win this...

Spoiler

wVoZX2M.png

btXGWoO.png

rReF0l9.png

Anyway, our group contains Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka who are ranked 188th, 175th and 182nd respectively - I would like to hope they won't present too much bother.

Spoiler

VcwYFVq.png

A legitimately disgraceful performance in the first half, but we rallied after half time and got the win. It wasn't pretty but we got there in the end.

jDWjfpc.png

Three points on the board, need to keep it going.

Spoiler

aJYLQ45.png

We seem to be slow starters as it was another poor first half, although we were completely dominant without scoring, but then in the second half we managed to get the goals we needed. Sri Lanka never managed to have a single shot and we had 69% possession. So aye, dominant.

Akf5hBx.png

WQys3u2.png

Straightforward stuff and we're into the semi finals. I'll probably rest some boys for the Bhutan game as that'll be the third game in six days.

Spoiler

CYAOVTN.png

Another exceptionally comfortable win, and we actually started well this time before massively taking our foot off the gas. 

Other than the first half of the first game, we haven't been remotely troubled by anyone.

PSZj9q7.png

And we go sailing through to the semi finals, where we'll be playing...

OZkBObO.png

I'm sure this'll be a cordial affair.

Spoiler

teO5UDB.png

Well, we were made to work much harder for it than I'd have liked, but we managed to get through to the final. Their goal was just about the only time they got into our box, so we definitely deserved the win but still not an ideal performance.

AINGZFZ.png

And we'll be facing the hosts in the final.

The Maldives must be almost entirely underwater by 2082, so we should be favourites here.

Spoiler

NG4Gt4q.png

Nice and easy stuff.

We've kept an average of 65% possession throughout this tournament, which kind of shows how far ahead of everyone we've been.

Wonder how we'd have done if I'd been able to pick all my best players, but the end result is we've won the competition incredibly comfortably.

DyiV2GH.png

Game 18 - September 2082

Spoiler

F3iMhBA.png

od51Qkj.png

Well, no change in the table and this was the last game of ours which I would expect to win every single time. Straightforward stuff, their goal was their only shot on target of the game while we could, and almost certainly should, have scored more than the two we got.

aUJ9P2y.png

Barring a miraculous set of results, it's between us and Zalgiris.

Next up, a cup semi final.

Then we're playing them at home.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Game 19 - September 2082

Spoiler

a6DbDlc.png

Well, on the plus side we finally managed to avoid defeat against Zalgiris which is something, but on the other they're playing already relegated Vytis on the final day of the season so we're almost certainly not going to be winning the league this season.

xBmFhvK.png

We're playing Panevezys on the final day.

If, and it's a big if, Zalgiris drop points then we can win the title by winning or drawing (if they lose).

Riteriai can also win the title if both us and Zalgiris lose.

57 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

South Asian Football Federation Championships - 2082

My first games in charge of India have come along, and it's an instant chance to get some silverware with the SAFF Championships. India are comfortably the most successful nation in these with 27 wins - Afghanistan are the next most successful with seven. We've also won the last four, so I should be looking to extend that run quite comfortably.

No warm up games, but my squad looks like this - really annoyingly some of my better players have been called up by the under 23's for the Asian Games, so this is a bit of a makeshift squad.

ZwYEvy2.png

And some of my better players are in the spoilers. We don't have a very good squad, but should still be more than enough to win this...

Hide contents

wVoZX2M.png

btXGWoO.png

rReF0l9.png

Anyway, our group contains Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka who are ranked 188th, 175th and 182nd respectively - I would like to hope they won't present too much bother.

Hide contents

VcwYFVq.png

A legitimately disgraceful performance in the first half, but we rallied after half time and got the win. It wasn't pretty but we got there in the end.

jDWjfpc.png

Three points on the board, need to keep it going.

Hide contents

aJYLQ45.png

We seem to be slow starters as it was another poor first half, although we were completely dominant without scoring, but then in the second half we managed to get the goals we needed. Sri Lanka never managed to have a single shot and we had 69% possession. So aye, dominant.

Akf5hBx.png

WQys3u2.png

Straightforward stuff and we're into the semi finals. I'll probably rest some boys for the Bhutan game as that'll be the third game in six days.

Hide contents

CYAOVTN.png

Another exceptionally comfortable win, and we actually started well this time before massively taking our foot off the gas. 

Other than the first half of the first game, we haven't been remotely troubled by anyone.

PSZj9q7.png

And we go sailing through to the semi finals, where we'll be playing...

OZkBObO.png

I'm sure this'll be a cordial affair.

Hide contents

teO5UDB.png

Well, we were made to work much harder for it than I'd have liked, but we managed to get through to the final. Their goal was just about the only time they got into our box, so we definitely deserved the win but still not an ideal performance.

AINGZFZ.png

And we'll be facing the hosts in the final.

The Maldives must be almost entirely underwater by 2082, so we should be favourites here.

Hide contents

NG4Gt4q.png

Nice and easy stuff.

We've kept an average of 65% possession throughout this tournament, which kind of shows how far ahead of everyone we've been.

Wonder how we'd have done if I'd been able to pick all my best players, but the end result is we've won the competition incredibly comfortably.

DyiV2GH.png

I'm now wondering how many international football tournaments are in game?

World Cup

Olympics

6x Continental Cups (Euros, Copa America, Gold Cup, AFCON, AFC and OFC Nations)

Plus regional ones. How many are there?

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm now wondering how many international football tournaments are in game?

World Cup

Olympics

6x Continental Cups (Euros, Copa America, Gold Cup, AFCON, AFC and OFC Nations)

Plus regional ones. How many are there?

I think they’ve only bothered with some of the Asian regional ones - seems to be the South-East Asian ones, East Asian and South Asian cups. There’s also something called the AFC Solidarity Cup. 

They don’t seem to have bothered with stuff like the Baltic or Carribean Cups, which is a shame.

Game 20 - October 2082

I've had almost a month to wait since our last game and the final day of the season is here. We're playing Panevyeys, a side who recently beat us 3-0, while Zalgiris play Vilnaius Vytis, who have already been relegated. Riteriai play Jonava and could still win the league if both us and Zalgiris lose.

All comes down to this.

Spoiler

9PNybC8.png

f**k sake. We weren't even worthy of the draw, and probably should have lost the game but that's a frustrating performance.

It means that we need Vilnaius Vytis, a side who've only won two games all season, to do us a favour. Can they do it?

Spoiler

XzkaYFH.png

fE1tbRI.png

3fTKVfu.png

HAHAHAHAHA YASSSSS.

Zalgiris missed a penalty and all, which would have won them the league.

Sav7SOw.png

It's the lowest points total for a Lithuanian champion in the save, but f**k it.

See you later Lithuania. Next on the list is Belarus.

2020-21 | Andorra | 1st Tier | Penya Encarnada | 8/8 | 23 points
2021-22 | Andorra | 1st Tier | Penya Encarnada | sacked
2022 | Estonia | 1st Tier | TJK Legion | 5/10 | 44 points
2023 | Estonia | 1st Tier | TJK Legion | 2/10 | 77 points | Estonian Cup 
2024 | Estonia | 1st Tier | Paide LM | 1/10 | 94 points
2025-26 | San Marino | 1st Tier | San Giovanni | 12/15 | 36 points | Title won via play-off | San Marino Cup
2026-27 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 4/12 | 48 points
2027-28 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 3/12 | 58 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2028-29 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 2/12 | 68 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2029-30 | Wales | 1st Tier | Bala Town | 1/12 | 79 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round | Welsh League Cup
2030-31 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | 7/12 | 32 points
2031-32 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | 5/12 | 23 points
2032-33 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Boca Juniors | left
2032-33 | Andorra | 1st Tier | U.E. Santa Coloma | 5/8 | 31 points
2033-34 | Andorra | 1st Tier | U.E. Santa Coloma | 1/8 | 64 points | Andorran Cup |
2034-35 | Gibraltar | 1st Tier | Lynx | 1/12 | 60 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2036-37 | Kosovo | 1st Tier | Gjilani | 2/10 | 57 points
2037-38 | Kosovo | 1st Tier | Gjilani | 1/10 | 62 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2039 | Iceland | 2nd Tier | Leiknir | 1/12 | 45 points | Promoted
2040 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 7/12 | 29 points
2041 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 3/12 | 49 points |
2042 | Iceland | 1st Tier | Leiknir | 1/12 | 55 points | Icelandic Cup
2043 | Faroe Islands | 2nd Tier | 07 Vestur | 1/10 | 57 points | Promoted
2044 | Faroe Islands | 1st Tier | 07 Vestur | 3/10 | 48 points
2045 | Faroe Islands | 1st Tier | 07 Vestur | 1/10 | 65 points | Faroe Islands Cup
2045-46 | Malta | 1st Tier | Ghajnsielem | 3/16 | 45 points
2046-47 | Malta | 1st Tier | Ghajnsielem | 1/16 | 77 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round
2047-48 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Spartanii Selemet | 9/10 | 21 points | Stayed up through playoff
2048-49 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Spartanii Selemet | left
2048-49 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 5/10 | 43 points
2049-50 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 3/10 | 65 points
2050-51 | Moldova | 1st Tier | Dinamo-Auto Tiraspol | 1/10 | 91 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 3rd Round
2051 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 7/10 | 43 points
2052 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 4/10 | 66 points | Georgia Cup
2053 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 2/10 | 85 points | Europa Conference League 3rd Round | Georgia Super Cup, Georgia Cup
2054 | Georgia | 1st Tier | Merani | 1/10 | 88 points | Europa Conference League 3rd Round | Georgia Super Cup, Georgia Cup
2055 | Finland | 2nd Tier | FC Lahti | 1/12 | 64 points | Promoted
2056 | Finland | 1st Tier | FC Lahti | 1/12 | 65 points
2056-57 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 9/10 | 30 points | Stayed up through playoff
2057-58 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 4/10 | 65 points
2058-59 | Montenegro | 1st Tier | Berane | 1/10 | 89 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2059-60 | Albania | 1st Tier | Apolonia | 7/10 | 42 points
2060-61 | Albania | 1st Tier | Apolonia | 1/10 | 78 points
2061 | Latvia | 1st Tier | BFC Daugavpils | 6/10 | 44 points
2062 | Latvia | 1st Tier | BFC Daugavpils | 1/10 | 79 points
2062-63 | North Macedonia | 1st Tier | Gostivar | 6/12 | 55 points
2063-64 | North Macedonia | 1st Tier | Gostivar | 1/12 | 106 points
2064-65 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 11/16 | 38 points
2065-66 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 2/16 | 64 points
2066-67 | Luxembourg | 1st Tier | Swift Hesperange | 1/16 | 69 points | Europa Conference League Qualifying 1st Round | Luxembourg Cup
2067-68 | Armenia | 2nd Tier | L.A. Goris | 3/11 | 31 points
2068-69 | Armenia | 2nd Tier | L.A. Goris | 2/11 | 40 points | Promoted
2069-70 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 9/10 | 8 points | Stayed up through playoff
2070-71 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 5/10 | 36 points
2071-72 | Armenia | 1st Tier | L.A. Goris | 1/10 | 59 points | Armenia Cup
2072-73 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 68 points | Bosnia Cup
2073-74 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 73 points | Europa Conference League 2nd Knockout Round | Bosnia Cup
2074-75 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 2/12 | 80 points | Europa Conference League Quarter Final
2075-76 | Bosnia | 1st Tier | Kozara | 1/12 | 85 points | Europa League 1st Knockout Round | Bosnia Cup
2076 | Ireland | 2nd Tier | Finn Harps | 4/10 | 42 points | Promoted through playoff
2077 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 6/12 | 47 points
2078 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 4/12 | 59 points | Irish Cup
2079 | Ireland | 1st Tier | Finn Harps | 1/12 | 79 points | Irish Presidents Cup | Europa Conference League Qualifying 2nd Round
2080 | Lithuania | 2nd Tier | Radviliskis | 1/14 | 52 points 
2081 | Lithuania | 1st Tier | Radviliskis | 4/6 | 19 points
20812| Lithuania | 1st Tier | Radviliskis | 1/6 | 37 points

2032-33 | Scotland Under 19s
2033-34 | Scotland Under 19s | UEFA Under 19s Championship | Eliminated in groups | left
2044-45 | Malaysia National Team
2045-46 | Malaysia National Team | Qualified for 2047 Asian Cup
2046-47 | Malaysia National Team | Won 2046 AFF Championship | 2047 Asian Cup Round of 16
2047-48 | Malaysia National Team | Left
2054-55 | Nigeria Under 23s | Won 2055 Under 23 African Cup of Nations | Left
2060-61 | Latvia National Team | Promoted from Nations League D
2061-62 | Latvia National Team | Stayed in Nations League C
2064-65 | Germany National Team | Won Nations League
2065-66 | Germany National Team | Won World Cup
2066-67 | Germany National Team | Won Nations League
2067-68 | Germany National Team | Won European Championship | Left
2072-73 | Lithuania National Team | Stayed in Nations League C
2075-76 | Lithuania National Team | Left
2076-77 | Argentina National Team
2077-78 | Argentina National Team | Won World Cup
2078-79 | Argentina National Team
2079-80 | Argentina National Team | Won  Copa America | Resigned
2082-83 | India National Team | Won South Asian Championship

re71qim.png

"Ballymena is described by some observers as being at the heart of Northern Ireland's equivalent of the Bible Belt.[16] It has a large Protestant majority. In the early 1990s the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP)-dominated town council banned a performance by the ELO Part II in the township, saying they would attract "the four Ds Drink, Drugs, Devil and Debauchery".[17] The Council banned the screening of Brokeback Mountain (2005), starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger, as it featured a homosexual relationship."

"Ian Paisley was eventually made a freeman of Ballymena in December 2004 instead"

"Recreational drugs have been a major problem in the town, earning it the moniker "the drugs capital of the North""

I'm still on the lookout for a new club job, but somehow I think I'll get over this rejection.