Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Transfers 2081

ALN6w5b.png

ALB8lHP.png

4AloIkG.png

noY77EL.png

I had a fucking ton of players sitting in my B team, seemingly being given a new contract every year by the old management despite none of them being even good enough to use in an emergency. Got rid of the lot of them, plus a few of the first team players who weren't really up to it, on the assumption that I'd be able to replace them with better options.

xByFrOq.png

Not quite as many incoming players as I'd have hoped, but mostly they immediately improve my first 11, so that's the main thing.

Rimvydas Matulevicius can play a number of positions but mostly a right midfielder. He's good on the ball but without very much end product, but hopefully he'll still be able to do well enough for us in terms of creating goals. A fair bit of top flight experience too, which is something we seriously lack everywhere else in the squad. Cost a bit more than I would have liked, so really hope he does well.

Spoiler

eO2ag7V.png

Andrius Kazlauskas is a centre half. I got him on a free, and he's solid enough. Not particularly good in the air, but his positioning is good and, as centre halves go, he's alright on the ball.

Spoiler

0pTF1F5.png

Jonas Cesnauskis is a left back, who can also cover at right back. He's solid defensively, but doesn't do much going forward. I wouldn't expect to require much going forward this season, as we're going to be (almost certainly) the weakest team in the league.

Spoiler

udmHHjt.png

Michael Gomola is here on loan for the first half of the season - I tried to get him permanently but he extended his contract with his current team instead. He's a good midfielder, solid defensively and just generally pretty decent without being outstanding at anything.

Spoiler

CEccNej.png

Angel Stojkovski is another centre half, and he's good back up. He's also young enough that he can improve, and I'm hoping that in a couple of seasons he'll be first choice. Just all round a solid player.

Spoiler

tU2g8rH.png

Gregor Kurez is a striker, and I'm hopeful he'll be able to score goals in the top flight to keep us up. He looks like a good penalty box striker, although lacking a bit of pace. I do think he's the most exciting of my signings.

Spoiler

vCkJxSF.png

So that's it for now. I have a bad feeling about this season.

March 2081

hlAw8mL.png

A better start that I expected, to be honest, but still not great.

As I said, this will be a long slog of a season.

mjsFxD9.png

Lithuania's top flight is a nonsense. It would seem that in real life, they have 10 teams but for the 2020 season it was only six due to some sort of licensing issue and whoever's made this edit has missed that. Bottom is relegated, second bottom is relegation playoff.

20 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

:lol:

Are there any teams missing? How many games do you play in a season?

20. Apparently, in 2019 they had eight teams, but then one went bust and two got punted out for match fixing. They then only promoted one team due to not giving licenses to the other teams that could have made the league a sensible size.

Whole thing seems like a fucking nonsense.

May 2081

cPB0qbt.png

Two decent enough points at the start there, and then a fairly predictable pumping off Zalgiris. At least we've picked up a point against someone other than Kauno now, so that's a big plus point. 

aEqgGla.png

As I said, there's a few dross teams in this league so they're our main hope.

June 2081

Couple of moves in the transfer market. Extended the loan of Michal Gomola until the end of the season, and I also brought in Mantas Lukosevicius, another centre midfielder. He's a much more creative midfielder than anything else I have at the club, and should help with creating some chances which is something we've struggled with - we're the lowest scorers, have created the least chances and have had far fewer shots on goal than anyone else. I'm not expecting him to solve this all himself, but he should help a bit.

Spoiler

CeqPZBe.png

7ytQtlx.png

Just the one game this month, and we did ok but ultimately not enough to get anything from one of the two good teams in the league.

Y3Ftvba.png

Need to start picking up some more points.

We do already have more points than last season's bottom side did, which is nice I suppose but ultimately meaningless. 

July 2081

Reinis Kovalonoks joins us from RFS in Latvia, a left midfielder. He's quick, and good on the ball. Should be a good addition.

Spoiler

JtSdDq5.png

HcdNueW.png

Fucking beautiful. We conceded a first minute goal against Kauno, but blew them away after that. Kurez finally got another goal for us, his first in months and it proved a massive moment as he also scored a last minute belter to win our game against Suduva.

5BI2xnc.png

If we can stay here in the league, then I'll call it a fantastic season.

August 2081

b8HM1BB.png

A great point against Zalgiris, but not really enough to make up for the absolute doing we took from Panevezys.

No goals all month is something of a concern, but these things happen.

vHMv7C1.png

We have a decent chance of avoiding automatic relegation, which is nice. Playoff still a possibility though.

I would like to think that we'd have a team good enough to come straight back up if we do go down mind. 

September 2081

cWFpBQB.png

We're staying up! That win against Suduva sends them down, and ensures that we will have a chance at the playoff at the very least. Both goals were absolute screamers as well.

Delightful.

prujsOk.png

We're playing Panevezys, Kauno are playing Riteriai on the final day. Match their result, we're staying up.

Not only that, but if we stay up, then we'll be playing in the Europa Conference League - got to love the nonsense that it Lithuanian football. 

October 2081

So, it all comes down to this...

Spoiler

ca6wXV8.png

God we were fucking shite in this game. Like, one of the most pathetic performances that any of my sides have put in throughout the whole save. Shite.

And with that, we're reliant of a favour from elsewhere.

Spoiler

9IM6wMS.png

ZFnj4ZO.png

Aw thank f**k for that.

18mNeie.png

The best of the three rotten sides in this division. I'll take it, but we really need to improve for next season.

u4WHN5O.png

As I said, this is quite funny though.

Financially we're a bit fucked, so it should also be very helpful.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've noticed in yer saves that European Qualification is always the point where yer teams tend to drastically improve but that's usually not the same season you just about scrape by from relegation. So this is gonna be tits.

It’s always helpful. Players who wouldn’t have dreamed of signing for me before seem unable to resist the lure of getting papped out Europe by the third best team in Malta or whatever. 

Transfers 2082

BC8SXLS.png

MbwsTio.png

Only a couple of outgoings. Udeanu isn't good enough so he's away, and I convinced someone to take on Matulevicius' wages, so that's good.

ro3pcpC.png

j8wkrEZ.png

And a fair amount of players in, which is good because I needed them

First up, Hamish Mackie. As the name suggests, he's Scottish and has been playing for League Two side Montrose, which I suppose shows the quality of Lithuanian football. Anyway, he's a solid player, nothing special but shouldn't let us down.

Spoiler

5Jwroyf.png

Part two of my Caledonian takeover of Radviliskis is Marc McCulloch, a right winger who hasn't played above League One level before. He's pretty decent for us though, a good dribbler and quick but may lack end product. 

Spoiler

5QDELYD.png

Robert Obeng can play almost fucking anywhere on the pitch, but he's mostly a centre midfielder, and certainly that's where I'll be playing him. Limited, but should do a decent job as a ball winner and give it to someone else kind of player. He's also a decent set piece taker. That work rate has me a bit worried though.

Spoiler

a33TZpg.png

Filip Sedlacek is a goalkeeper. He's better than my last goalkeeper. That's all there really is to it.

Spoiler

gF46Tit.png

Dominykas Stesko is a very technically gifted player, and I'm pleased about that. He's a bit slow, and his movement isn't great but he should be capable of getting some goals for us.

Spoiler

xklTaKh.png

Karolis Bickauskas is a solid centre half, can also cover at left back. Decent at everything without being spectacular at anything. His aggression is off the scale though, guy's a fucking nutter. 

Spoiler

RvdIkmz.png

Michal Gomola joins on a permanent deal. Ideal. He's good, was one of my better players last season, so that's nice.

Spoiler

jMwumPO.png

March 2082

a9hSaBV.png

Well, we're definitely better than both of the newly promoted teams, so that's good news. The target this season is just to stay up, again, so that definitely bodes well for that.

Good start for Stresko too. Three goals for us already, and McCulloch getting a hattrick and all.

ZvzLNTV.png

We'll probably not stay here, but I'm enjoying it for the time being.

April 2082

tybPCeK.png

A month of very few goals, but I think it shows that we're capable of scrapping for points when we need to.

Almost got a point against Zalgiris too, their goal was last kick of the ball stuff. Wasn't undeserved though. Still in the cup as well, which I'd like to go far in.

hjGhBDD.png

We probably have enough to stay in the division as is, but a little bit more and we'll definitely be there. Wonderful.

May 2082

s1fKPAT.png

Thoroughly deserved victory over Jonava followed by two hard fought points in our next two. We didn't have a single shot against Riteriai, but we limited them to mostly having shots from distance and we were very compact so good to know that we can shitfest effectively. 

Kovalonoks goal was a stunner as well.

Spoiler

9acb74c512ef6dc38aba40d9c79012aa.gif

No bad for his first for the club.

2RoY5hz.png

We're off the top of the table, but have now matched our points total from last season and can safely say that we'll be playing in this division next year, as well as probably in European competition again.