Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

14 hours ago, arab_joe said:

How are the world famous DUFC doing?  Tam Courts now in charge of Real Madrid?

My save predated Tam Courts, but Micky Mellon led you to 3rd, 4th, 3rd and 3rd in the first four seasons of the save. Since then, you've never been relegated, and pretty much always finished between 5th and 10th. 

Just the 2041 Scottish Cup victory in the save (beat Rangers on penalties), and been losing finalists in both that and the League Cup a few times. Also made the group stages of the Europa League and Conference League a few times, but never made it past that.

fwXiU1b.png

Transfers 2075

l5tptbL.png

EUaeHCZ.png

The guys getting released weren't total dross, which is usually the case, but they weren't really good enough to make a meaningful impact on the squad either. 

Was a shame to let Husic go, as he'd been my main striker at one point, but that point has firmly passed and now he's just a nuisance asking to play while not being nearly good enough. Similar story with Kadusic, but noone would take him permanently. Others are young-ish players getting game time.

DMndDrU.png

Didn't go daft with the transfers as I think we have the squad mostly there to compete with Sarajevo, and to pish all over most of the division, so only needed a couple of additions.

First up, we have Polish centre half Andrzej Cuch. He's really, really good defensively, and not too shabby on the ball either. Positioning looks like it might need a wee bit of work, but especially given he's come in on a free transfer, he's an outstanding purchase.

Spoiler

618L2TU.png

Next up, the prodigal son returns (on loan (again)). Radojica Zoric spent most of last season on the bench at AC Milan, only making six appearances, so I've brought him back as he's a great midfielder for me. Has been consistently one of my best players when I've had him here, so more of the same please.

Spoiler

xU2Ajft.png

Now, for the two areas of the pitch I prioritised. Firstly, we have right winger Josip Damjanovic. He looks like a really good player, with all the makings of a very decent winger. Plus, he's Bosnian so didn't impact on my foreign players quota. Crossing, dribbling, movement, pace and technique are all there, so can't see any downside. His finishing is ropey, but then so is Lewis Clarke's and he gets 10 goals a season for me.

Spoiler

0TdgVnm.png

The other area I targeted was a ball winning midfielder. It is surprisingly and frustratingly difficult to find a good one in 2075. Alejandro Mendana is a 19 year old Uruguayan with all the makings to be a very good one, but he's not the finished article yet. His tackling and work rate are good, and he has a lot of potential. If that potential can become reality, we'll have a fantastic player.

Spoiler

sqMGr4e.png

August 2075

Ruypi2J.png

Can't really ask for more than that from our opening three games of the season. 

If this keeps up, we'll be champions by Christmas, but it's unlikely we can keep going at this rate.

gdahiyd.png

Three at the top all had fantastic starts.

Hopefully the other two falter. 

September 2075

gZI00Cs.png

It's taken 78 games, but I've now lost a home game with Kozara - and it was 32 time Norwegian champions and a last minute goal that did it. A shame, and it does our chances of getting through to the Europa League knockouts no favours, but it had to happen sooner or later, and they deserved the win to be honest.

On league duty, we hit the post about 4 times in the draw with Zrinjski which is hugely frustrating, and had to shitfest a bit to get the other wins but we're still picking up points.

t1s4IfZ.png

Good chance of going top if we win our game in hand convincingly, and will be four points ahead of Sarajevo at that point.

Will be incredibly annoyed if someone other than them win the league, and it's not me.

F3A1cpr.png

Not the ideal start here though.

Still time to recover the position though.

Lithuania

znhAJsQ.png

We should've beaten Slovenia. We were the better side, we had chances to win it, but we didn't take them. A draw isn't a bad result, but could have been more.

The Netherlands did what they do to teams like us.

7qZKWt1.png

Denmark managed to lose to Finland at home, inexplicably.

It's going ok though. 

October 2075

vPfsvWB.png

Juventus absolutely toyed with us. They were two up within half an hour, and then spent the rest of the game in first gear. They're so, so much better than we are.

Rest of the month was good, we were unfortunate not to beat Sarajevo, and then wins the rest of the month. Especially pleased with the Krasnodar game, which gets our European ambitions back on track, and the win over Zeljeznicar was great as they're a good side this season.

62zWpvK.png

Point off top with two games in hand, and we're the only unbeaten side in the division.

All looking good so far.

USoQaqm.png

Three points in Russia is huge, and gives us a shot at getting into the latter stages.

Lithuania

hhDh5Y7.png

Couple of friendlies and a well earned draw with Finland. Burba's goal was a cracker, and we held on well. Four points from them now, despite them being third seeds. 

RYsOmjM.png

Two games left, and we have a decent chance of not finishing bottom of this group. Wonderful stuff. 

November 2075

bNcp2dO.png

See the source image

There's not really much more that needs to be said, we're doing incredibly well. Through in the cup, a derby win, victory over Zrinjski (who have completely collapsed this month) and we thrashed bottom side Capljina. Two fantastic victories in Europe as well.

Moment of the month was Sabic' late goal to secure the win over Krasnodar. Stunning stuff.

WVvAhPd.png

We're top, and we'll be seven points clear if we can win our two games in hand.

I'm pretty certain that we'll lose a game at some point, but we've put ourselves in a great position to be able to stay ahead regardless.

CXs0tBx.png

g9k1cIL.png

Those wins over Rosenborg and Krasnodar mean that our final group game at home against Juventus doesn't matter - we're already through to the knockout stages.

Lithuania

7uGA1IV.png

Denmark only drew with us via a last minute goal, although they deserved it, but it was still a great result for us.

Slovenia beat us quite comfortably. A shame.

RKKOATa.png

But we still haven't finished bottom.

eZefZhM.png

"Making progress"

About as much as I can hope for. If I can get this bunch of jokers to qualify for anything at some point, that'll be up there with the biggest achievements of the save.. 

December 2075

rD4nbWy.png

Well, I thought a (domestic) loss was coming and it did. We didn't perform very well, but at the same time they only had one chance so a wee bit unfortunate to lose it. Oh well. Juventus did what they did the last time and comprehensively beat us without having to play very well.

Rest of the month was great. Dalibor Stimac' hattrick against Zeljeznicar was wonderful stuff, and we got a couple of solid victories against some of the divisions poorer sides.

Stimac is having a brilliant season so far.

dNjsIfX.png

That's just league form, in all competitions he's got 24 in 28 games. A top effort.

gjBW3Gy.png

We're all caught up now, and we're four points ahead. 

That's us until February, but it's all going great so far. 

uVZot2A.png

We were already through, but there we are. Krasnodar drop down to the Conference League.

g8Poz64.png

Oh for fucks sake. 

Bayern at this point aren't brilliant by the standards of Bayern Munich, having come fourth in the German league and finished behind Benfica and Atletico in the Champions League, but they'll still pump us out this with minimum fuss.

When I say 'not brilliant', they still have this c**t playing up front so aye...

Spoiler

GX3kd3y.png

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Europa League - First Knockout Round - February 2076

Spoiler

l9XTFvH.png

Well, we've scored a couple of goals in Munich, which is nice, but we're probably heading out. Oh well.

If it's good enough for Raith Rovers to sing about 30 years on, then it's good enough for me. 

Spoiler

tHx7o31.png

Can't believe that I'm genuinely disappointed that we've been knocked out by Bayern fucking Munich, but I am. We played brilliantly in this game, and were within 18 minutes of going through. Unfortunately, after their goal they shut up shop pretty well and we never really threatened again, but we were looking like heading through before that.

Gutted. 

March 2076

vJvf0Pn.png

The big game this month has already been covered, but we were deserving winners of it. They never threatened our goal at all, and it looks like we're going to be winning the league in the near future.

Rest of the month went to plan as well, with victories over the other two sides directly behind us thrown in there too.

hSelirg.png

An inexplicable 3-0 hounding for Sarajevo from Rudar (cheers lads) means it's now a ten point lead for us.

Will be some fucking bottle job if we don't win this. 

Lithuania

0MDkk4b.png

I'll be honest, I let my assistant take charge of these games. On the face of it, the results seem ok away to some very good sides, but I have no idea how they went.

April 2076

6WmBXpD.png

Both legs of the semi finals were weird - we just scored with basically every chance we had, while Zeljeznicar had just as many chances but couldn't score them. Will take it, and it puts us through to the third cup final in my four seasons.

We got complacent in both the Olimpik and Radnik games, and only won the latter as they completely lose the plot and ended up with nine men, but all going pretty well.

3pUBzfD.png

But we're just about there.

One more win, and we'll be over the line. Two draws in our final four would also probably do it, assuming Sarajevo win all four, but I hope we don't need that. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Game 30 - May 2076

Spoiler

zdq6Pzo.png

67pdTqR.png

Just a shocker from us - only our second domestic loss of the season, so I can understand that we were probably due a really bad performance, but it's still hugely frustrating.

Sarajevo won as well so it wasn't handed to us either.

lUpuTVb.png

It stays alive for another week.

Bosnian Cup Final - 2076 - First Leg

In the midst of our title fight, we've got the cup final again, and another two legged affair. We're playing Siroki Brijeg, who are one of the two sides I've actually lost to this season so need to be on our game here. That said, we've got more than double the amount of points as them, so we really should be favourites.

Spoiler

qPtzWG7.png

Put us in a good position, and we should be able to claim the cup in the home leg.

Yildiz had a good game, and we possibly could have won by more than the two we did but for a bit of poor finishing, but I'll still take that.