Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

October 2069

Hk2f6EW.png

Through in the cup comfortably, and took an absolute pumping from Pyunik. These things happen.

That Urartu game though. We were well on top, and then they scored this goal. This fucking goal.

Spoiler

08017e5bf3c237694c284ddc10803d75.gif

Legitimately furious. After that happened we fell out of the game a bit, and they possibly should have won, but the draw was ok in the end.

wDRYuhj.png

Almost at the half way stage, and we've got five points. 11 points tends to be enough to stay up, so we're doing ok.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is there a relegation playoff?

No, it's a very strange system - basically everyone plays each other twice, and then it splits into top six and bottom four. The top six play each other twice again to get 28 games in total, while the bottom four play each other once more to get 21 in total. Bottom side goes down automatically. 

November 2069

tEtlOec.png

A shite month. We're not good enough for this division, even if we did ok against table toppers Shirak.

ghCQCw5.png

Urartu are having an absolute Brechin of a season, which is helpful.

Up next we're playing Noah, the only side we've beaten in the league this season. 

December 2069

o4v2mdr.png

That's a better month, by which I mean I actually managed to pick up a point in the league. We were quite lucky to get it though, but at the same time we should have scraped a draw against Ararat-Armenia, so all evens out. 

I also pulled out a remarkable win in the cup over Armenia's biggest side, although I'm certain they'll be absolutely furious about it. We've got Pyunik next, who'll no doubt thump us, but it was still nice. 

Rx684e4.png

I would really quite like this season to be over.

The one saving grace is that Urartu have shown absolutely no sign of improving. Their only point remains against me, which is annoying, but still pleasing that they're even more pish than we are. 

January 2070

xYFsMG8.png

Another great result against Alashkert, and we keep our points total ticking over. We got a lead early on, and defended fairly well. Gave away a daft penalty which they scored from, but other than that we didn't give them much.

We weren't that bad against Gandzasar, but they were very clinical so fair enough.

Wilt92h.png

We're creeping towards safety very, very slowly.

February 2070

xcXUHkl.png

Rescued a late point against Lori which was absolutely delightful. Then we lost the semi final on penalties, devastatingly. We'd just parked the bus, offering absolutely  nothing going forward, but had done it very effectively. Fucked it on penalties though.

We almost managed the same thing again in the league, but this time they got a last minute winner. Shame.

axBRUHu.png

Urartu managed their first win, but we're still looking ok to stay ahead of them. Which is all I can really hope for just now. 

I play them next.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

March 2070

w3spmpx.png

Glorious stuff against Urartu. Absolutely glorious.

Got off to a good start with Omelchuk's goal, which was via a great bit of counter attacking. We held on a bit until half time, and then in the second half we stepped it up a notch and were much better than they were. Fully deserved the win - 4-0 might have been a bit flattering, but I'm not complaining.

We almost got a good draw against Ararat with them getting a last minute winner after we came back twice,. We also managed this nonsense.

jmHNBZX.png

Give away a penalty, save it and then when the ball comes out immediately foul them again.

We then did get a late equaliser against Lori in the first game following the split.

And what did that draw mean...

6Oznrgy.png

M0pe2hn.png

Delightful. Our main (only) ambition for the season has been achieved with a couple of games to spare, so that's lovely.

April 2070

y3VhEYs.png

We've finished our season off with a couple of draws (although we really should have beaten Urartu again) and I'll take that.

It's been an absolute slog of a campaign for massive chunks, but we got the job done in the end.

0ngcZv1.png

We'll be a top flight side next season. Remarkably, I think this points total will almost always be enough to keep us up, so same again next year.

Armenia seems to be one of the most mismatched leagues I've been at, where it's nigh on impossible to attract players to anyone other than the four or five established good sides. I think I might be here for a while, as the only other top flight sides to have not won the title are Gandzasar, Lori and Noah.

Transfers 2070

mrMD3AS.png

rhD14Vh.png

A couple of guys who were on the fringes of my first team away, but none of them were really good enough so I'm not bothered.

UC6e5dB.png

First up, Samvel Minasyan. A centre half, he's alarmingly poor at heading the ball, but he's pretty decent defensively when the ball's on the ground. He should be able to form a decent partnership with Omic in defence anyway.

Spoiler

E1fgXEp.png

Next up, Hrachya Malakyan. He's a goalkeeper, 32 years old so getting on a bit, but he's more than good enough for this level and should have a couple of years left in him. Pleased to have that position sorted for the forseeable.

Spoiler

UOt0M8x.png

Gevorg Avanesyan is a striker/left winger, and will compete with Paskevicius for a starting spot. He's a good player, although his finishing is a little bit worse than I would have liked, but he should do a good job. Again, he's quite slow and I would rather have a striker with some pace to give us another option, but he'll do ok.

Spoiler

GRRdaQi.png

Galust Mkrtchyan is here as a back up centre half or centre midfielder. Relatively solid all round, nothing special but will certainly be good enough to come in when someone else is injured or suspended.

Spoiler

AZ4u5oz.png

Mahir Keca is a central midfiedler, and is easily the most technically gifted player in my squad. He'll do absolutely nothing defensively, but I have two other midfielders who's entire game is running around a lot and winning the ball in there, so that should be ok. Passing, first touch and technique are all great though. And he has a lot of flair, which I absolutely love.

Spoiler

nwDWz78.png

Albert Meliksetyan is a right winger. Well, he can play in numerous positions, but I'll be playing him as a right winger mostly. He's ok, but he gives me another option there which I didn't really have so that's good.

Spoiler

RzFU1hQ.png

Sturla Storgrønningen is my final signing, an attacking midfielder. I think we lack goals, and he should be able to help create some of those for us. Also means that I can switch up our tactical approach a wee bit more for different games.

Spoiler

Jb2Bjke.png

So, there we go. I would say that we're undoubtedly a better team than last season, and I would hope we can finish a few places higher up the table, but we're not nearly good enough to really challenge the top sides in the division yet. Small incremental improvements will be the game here. 

September 2070

Yg0zI8j.png

Two losses in two game I expected to lose, so not all that bothered. The last three games have been against sides that I would think will end up in the top three, so not that fussed.

I am slightly concerned about the lack of goals, but hopefully we'll sort that when we're playing some of the poorer sides in the league.

Ff3i9HT.png

We're still doing fine, I'd say. 

October 2070

F0zxJJC.png

A remarkable run of form.

We fell behind to Noravank, but following that we completely outplayed them and completely deserved the win. Also, really good (and it turns out important) to get Gevorg Avanesyan off the mark for us. Seems to have given him a confidence boost.

Thrashed West Armenia, and then stole a win against Ararat, with both of our shots on target being goals, while they only managed one from nine shots on target. We're getting good at that. Lori was a fairly even game, but we got the goal.

Absolutely delightful stuff.

sgeEU9Z.png

That's us got as many points as we managed last season already. Wonderful stuff. As I said, we're not good enough to really challenge with the top teams, but we're looking good. 

December 2070

bYeW7cw.png

Not the best month we've had, but we drew the only game I thought I'd get something from. A shame to go out the cup, but Pyunik are one of the top two sides in the country, so it's expected.

hrLeCrz.png

We're looking ok - a couple of wins and we'll have sneaked into the top half for the season.

January 2071

UwIKSYS.png

A great performance at home to Gandzasar, particularly from Omelchuk. I have been thinking that I probably need to get a better player than him at left wing fairly soon, but he has been a reasonably reliable source for goals for me. It's a tough one, but if I can I'll probably replace him.

We then got thrashed by Pyunik, but they thrash everyone so f**k it.

TCxLnG3.png

Edging closer to the top half finish.

February 2071

We made a couple of signings this month, so I'll start with those.

First up, we have Sevak Poghosyan, a right midfielder/winger. He's got plenty of pace, he's got a decent touch and technique and his crossing, while not great, isn't dreadful as wingers in this division go. I think he should do a good job.

Spoiler

O3mJ0Pe.png

I also brought in Blerim Islami, a left midfielder/winger. As I mentioned, I was looking for an upgrade on Omelchuk and he's it. He's very similar to Poghosyan, to be honest, quick, decent touch and technique and his crossing is ok. Both of them are quite young as well, so plenty of time to improve.

Spoiler

c80vXO6.png

GHhwiQV.png

A great month. Shirak were fairly dominant against us, but, with a slight tactical tweak, we restricted them to very few chances and took the one we created. Delightful.

Turns out we're just a much better team that Noravank which, given that they're bottom and we're in the top half, is to be expected. Nice to get my two new wingers on the scoresheet too.

kzS0pQX.png

Those two wins have secured us in the top half/group. Wonderful.

It's been a productive season.

March 2071

OJS00ni.png

Mixed, as with most of our season. Fairly unlucky in the first Ararat game, and then we did well against Ararat-Armenia and were well worth the win.

The second Ararat game was bad though, completely outplayed until the 60th minute, by which point we were 3-0 down. Did well for a few minutes and then it was back to being outplayed. Oh well.

yRJOiIZ.png

As I said, we're in the top half and that's the main thing. 

I think we'll lose the vast majority of our remaining matches.