Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

March 2064

amLRz54.png

Unbeaten run in the league is over, and we've been dumped out the cup in the semi finals, but 3 wins in the other games including a last minute winner against Skhendija made it another decent enough month.

4dFmGnu.png

We're now a point behind due to that loss against Makedonija, but with a game against Vardar and Rabotnicki still to go, it's still in our hands.

Latvia

ivyaYhU.png

A couple of friendlies and some good wins. Aruba are ranked just ahead of us, so that's a decent enough win, while Tuvalu aren't ranked and are absolutely shite. I forgot to arrange another friendly, and they were the only team available at short notice. It's still the biggest win in Latvian history, so worth playing them.

Matchday 37 - 2064

Spoiler

LvglQkI.png

XNmWET0.png

Frustrating.

We were the better side, and definitely should have been at least a goal ahead at half time, but we then found ourselves 2-0 down with ten minutes left. Given those circumstances, a point is a very good result, but it could and should have been more than that. 

Vardar were comfortable winners in their game in the end.

2xbNV8l.png

And that means that they stretch their lead to three points at the top. We've still got the better goal difference, and we've still to play them.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Matchday 38 - 2064

Spoiler

WZdaMM7.png

6M1enez.png

Well, we made extremely hard work of what should have been a relatively straightforward game, but we managed to get there in the end despite being down to ten men. I had viewed this game as a chance to run up my goal difference, but glad to get the three points in the end.

Both of my title rivals managed to get wins, seemingly much more easily than I did.

C1JjqYN.png

No change at the top. 

Matchday 39 - 2064

Spoiler

X5cDZyL.png

v73Wrvt.png

A straightforward victory for us was exactly what we needed after a couple of dodgy performances, and Vardar and Rabotnicki played out a draw which doesn't really suit either of them particulalry.

E8NvrZj.png

That sees us reduce the gap to just one point with five games to go.

Matchday 40 - 2064

Spoiler

JljBIzk.png

k3MVxuy.png

A massive thank you to KF Shkendija!

Our victory was pretty straightforward against a side who are quite likely to be relegated. As above, the main thing was that Vardar were beaten by Shkendija, a huge moment for us. 

0fk9onu.png

And it means that we go top.

Next up, Vardar. But because they've dropped those points, I'll say its not lose rather than must win.

A win would be lovely though. 

Matchday 41 - 2064

Spoiler

DYOv8ds.png

Absolutely fucking huge.

Our goal came through a very unlikely source, with a defensive midfielder getting the second goal of his entire career by cracking one in from the edge of the box. Rest of the game they were ahead of us, and my goalkeeper got man of the match. They also have a goal disallowed in the 93rd minute, but we managed to get across the line and secure a massive result.

PMI5upz.png

Rabotnicki with a very comfortable win, but I wasn't that arsed about them given my result.

qVHLeDL.png

We should have enough to get over the line from here. Our games are all against sides in the bottom half, so we should be finishing the season as champions.

Anything can happen though. 

Matchday 42 - 2064

Spoiler

FQGBvYZ.png

GGt0TU3.png

Metalurg are - by some distance - the worst team in the division, so no surprises to see us thump them. Was a pretty decent performance, and good to see Devadze get some goals again. He's been on a relatively lean streak by his ridiculous standards, so that's good.

nYWXI5J.png

Vardar's draw means that it's now a two horse race with two games to go.

Rabotnicki have a harder run in than we do, on paper, playing 5th and 6th, while we face 7th and 8th. And we have a three point and goal difference advantage.

We should be winning the title here, but can't take anything for granted.

Matchday 43 - 2064

Spoiler

MJpIgyu.png

We scraped through that, with a couple of late goals making it look much more comfortable than it really was. Still though, we've got the win we needed, and with Rabotnicki winning too, it was absolutely crucial.

ocfaFts.png

So there we have it - if we win or draw our final game then we'll be champions. If we lose, then we'll still be champions as long as there isn't a goal difference swing of more than 5. 

It's in our hands.

Matchday 44 - 2064

Spoiler

V5TofGs.png

Job done emphatically.

A pretty straightforward game in the end, they didn't threaten at all for the first 75 minutes, and then when they got the goal we pretty quickly got another two so there was never really much danger of us collapsing.

XLMCUGj.png

It means that the final table looks like this, and we're champions with 106 points, and having scored 117 goals.

es1vAfy.png

TUpBMxY.png

Just one final shout out to Guram Devadze. I said we'd scored 117 goals as a team, he got 56 of them on his own. A frankly ridiculous player.

GjJjRHu.png

Will be bringing him with me wherever I end up next, if at all possible.

Next country up is Luxembourg.

15 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Next country up is Luxembourg

Victoria Rosport if you can, club is a lovely wee town on the Luxembourg/German border. Ground right on the Sauer river too. Don't think they've ever won anything major!

13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Have any of your former clubs gone on to achieve anything?

Merani have another league title, and two cup wins since I left which seems to be the best of any of them. I unload the leagues once I'm done with them to make the game go faster, so it might be different if I didn't do that. 

June 2064

P7189RG.png

A couple more friendlies with Latvia, and two very respectable wins. Both of these sides are ranked higher than we are, with Liechtenstein all the way up in 106th (we're joint 163rd) for reference.

I'm hoping that these wins will help propel us up the rankings, and that get me into a higher pot for qualifying groups, and allow me to actually win some games in them, but I'm not even sure if that's how they decide the pots or not. Ach, it can't hurt and shows that we can definitely compete with teams around about us in the rankings at the very least.

No club job yet. 

SaO98lD.png

This game is mental. Hot on the heels of not being offered an interview by some mid table Bosnian mob, I've been offered the job at twice in a row European champions Germany.

Genuinely not sure what to do. Quite enjoying my Latvia team, despite them being shite, and would honestly regard qualifying for anything with them as one of my proudest achievements in FM. That said, it's unlikely to happen and I did say I wanted to win some international competitions. And it's fucking Germany. 

September 2064

F9zEo1q.png

A solid start to my Germany reign. The Portugal game was like one of those super sunday matches on Sky Sports where two of the big English teams play, and then it's eye bleeding shite throughout. Scored the only chance of the game, which will do me. Weirdly, the Portugal manager is a Scottish regen, whose only trophy at club level is the 2046 League One title with Clyde. He got the job on the back of getting Thistle relegated, and then guiding St Johnstone to fourth. f**k knows.

The Czechs were simply worse than us, and we should have been winning by a bit more but I'll take it. 

Ipz8GxU.png

So, two games and two wins. The German FA apparently don't care about the Nations League, but I'd quite like to win it so that's a positive start.

October 2064

cDIhBaJ.png

Another couple of victories to nil, both away from home. We're a very solid side, but not very exciting to watch at the minute. Oh well.

wA9rROv.png

yUxAxvo.png

And with two games left, we've qualified for the semi final, so that's good. Means I can experiment a wee bit in the final two games.