Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

April 2058

BTsq5qo.png

Starting the month with the second time my board have sold my only half decent goalkeeper, so that's good of them. To be fair to them, I would imagine that Sandor would have kicked off massively if I didn't sell him, but still not ideal.

qazd1BT.png

Anyway, we had a pretty tough month fixture wise with two of the three sides above us in the league, and the second leg of the cup semi final. We came through it all relatively well though, two draws, a win and a loss in the league - and although we lost in the second leg, we did enough to see us through to the cup final - only the second time for Berane.

I have no idea what happened against Jezero mind, we just fucked it completely in the first half. Shambolic display.

PkNo577.png

Our shot at anything above fourth place is officially over. Well, we can still theoretically finish third, but it's no happening. Just need to secure fourth though, and with a two point lead and exclusively sides in the bottom four left to play, we should be doing it.

We also face Buducnost in the final.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Montenegrin Cup Final - 2058

We're playing Buducnost, who are Montenegro's big team - since independence in 2006, there's been 52 league campaigns, and they've won 26 of them and only been outside the top three four times. Their worst ever finish was a solitary fifth place in 2053. Meanwhile, we've been perennial second tier nobodies, and this season will be, by an absolute mile, our best ever. Before this, I turned up, we'd never avoided relegation from the top flight. They also come from the capital city, Podgorica, home of more than a quarter of Montengro, while we come from a town of eleven thousand people, which Wikipedia reliably informs me is a shitehole. 

On paper, at least, it's an absolute mismatch. 

Spoiler

sprGP9H.png

Well, it wasn't a complete mismatch and although it took until the 90th minute for them to score, we didn't deserve to win. The only real effort we had on goal was from Savo Radenkovic going on a mazy run and hitting it, but it wasn't that close to scoring while they could have had a couple more.

It wasn't to be, and Berane's wait for a cup win goes on. 

May 2058

jxo8HNl.png

Leaving aside the Cup final, our two league games went very well this month. Admittedly, both Podgorica and especially Drezga are poor sides, but it's still good to get the wins.

qp0UvwV.png

One game left, and we're the only thing of interest still to be decided. We're playing Zeta at home, while Iskra face Drezga away. 

It goes by goal difference, so a draw should be enough unless they win by seven. Which is doable I suppose, so I'd really like to just get it wrapped up with a win, and realistically we should be doing that to secure the final european spot. 

Final Day 2058

So, as above, if Iskra win by less than 7 goals, we need a draw, and if they win by 7 or more, then we need a win. We're playing Zeta, who are already consigned to the relegation playoff spots, and have won just two games in the last four months. Should be doable...

Spoiler

EEzWgo9.png

Right, there's some major Hamilton v Morton vibes about this game. I know Drezga are complete shite, but going down to nine men before half time is just throwing in the towel. Iskra do have the best attack in the league up against the worst defence, but I'm still calling in the authorities to have a look.

Means that I need the win against Zeta...

Spoiler

2BKvCF7.png

And we sneaked it!

We were the better side throughout this game until around the last ten minutes when I saw that Iskra had gone seven up, and I shit myself a bit. The players did too and we proceeded to sit too deep and had a couple of real scares, including one cleared off the line. We saw it through though, and we'll be playing in the Europa Conference next season! I think it might be the club's first ever venture into european competition, so that's nice.

u2tSQzV.png

91EQuab.png

Europa Conference League - First Qualifying Round - 2058/59

UsohqRc.png

Our first venture into European football sees us face Kosovan side FC Prishtina. I remember when I was managing Gjilani in Kosovo, we played a side from Montenegro and took an absolute pumping, so I'm hoping that we can do the same to them.

Spoiler

QBsEQrX.png

fe7StUH.png

Aye, an absolute walk in the park that. The tie was basically won within 5 minutes in the first leg when we scored three quick goals, and then the other game and a half was us barely getting out of first gear and  them unable to lay a glove on us.

cAuJHjN.png

That means that we're heading through to the Second Qualifying Round, and we're facing my old side Merani - they still have a handful of players who were there when I was, including Gil.

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - 2058/59

Spoiler

jZiIPZh.png

Not the ideal start, but to be perfectly frank, they're a better side than we are. Gil was too good for us, and our goal was against the run of play. That said, we weren't completely outplayed and we still have a chance if we can do better in the second leg.

Will be hard though.

Spoiler

ccfFhRX.png

Ach, it wasn't to be. 

Kometiani was a guy who I had arranged to sign when I wasn't sure if I would win the league, and given I spent four million quid on him, you'd expect their side to be quite good. We were poor though. Disappointing to end the European adventure so soon, but it done now. 

Transfers - Summer 2058

83WLhgv.png

jMgk9jx.png

9Ef71w2.png

A load of players out, the only one I would have kept is Zeqiri but only as back up and he was wanting more than he was worth so not overly bothered.

vPdttWB.png

1tBRRIL.png

Only five players brought in, but I'm hopeful that most of them should improve the team.

Tomasevic is a striker, who I brought in mostly because my other two strikers are out injured until next year. He's technically a good player, but his finishing is poor and he's getting on a bit. Should still do a job for this season.

Spoiler

9E43ZPr.png

Elvedin Mujdragic is a left winger, brought in because I spent last season with one left winger in the entire sqaud. He's pretty decent, not much end product but good dribbler and quick. Will be fine.

Spoiler

WkGG0iv.png

Jahic is here to provide some depth at centre half, and might end up being a starter. He looks good enough, not outstanding but a solid defender.

Spoiler

OUrf8hI.png

Stankovic is my new goalkeeper. He's not as good as the boy I had last season, but he was the best I could get and better than my back up so that's something.

Spoiler

78gGZF2.png

Jakovljevic is a centre midfielder, and looks like a very decent one. Only here for the season, but should be capable of doing a job.

Spoiler

ozH7nwX.png

August 2058

mdR7YyR.png

Solid, if unspectacular start. We were two down against Zeta before coming back, and probably should have ended up winning that. The only thing I would say is that we've played the newly promoted side, and some of last season's poorer teams and looked unconvincing so that's not ideal. Even still, 7 points from 9 playing poorly is good stuff, and if we can pick performances up, we should be fine.

moksD2U.png

Early days but I'll take that.

September 2058

jIGMnL9.png

Well, I'll take that. Last minute winner against Buducnost, dished out an absolute pumping in the cup, and then two very solid wins over sides struggling near the bottom so far. 

I don't expect our form to last, but I'm enjoying it just now.

FvOnC3x.png

We're top and currently the league's only unbeaten side. As I said, it won't last but still.

And then there's this...

ClmZkff.png

It's gone from rumours to happening. No word yet on what kind of takeover it'll be, but I assume the classic "I'm the new chairman, I'll be giving you f**k all new" effort that FM loves. 

We live in hope though. 

October 2058

FRAi4oQ.png

Elvedin Mujdragic absolutely loves a last minute winner. I make that 3 times he's scored the winner in the 90th minute or later so far, some boy.

More generally, our excellent form has continued and we're storming the league and still in the cup. Delightful. We're not destroying teams, and all but one of our victories have been by a single goal, but I'll definitely take that.

rI0SbYS.png

We've opened up a seven point league after the first round of games. Plenty of time for that to change, but I'd like to think we can keep it up.

Oh, and the board takeover seems to have come to absolutely nothing. 

November 2058

1By5Qrf.png

f**k me this is shaping up to be a really special season. Again, we're not dishing out 5 and 6 nils, but we're grinding out the results and, despite the fact that I don't think our defence is particularly good, we're not conceding many goals.

cuAV3bw.png

Ten points clear so far. I would like to think we can continue to build our lead at the top. We shall see how it goes. 

December 2058

at1UQfS.png

Well, our good form came shuddering to a halt this month. 5-1 is worse than it looks, we were down to ten men for the last ten minutes, pulled one back to make it, at that point 2-1. and then they scored 3 in 3 minutes. Really not ideal. 

We also struggled to draws against Sutjeska and Petrovac, before finally getting back to winning ways against Iskra. At least the cup games against local rivalls Rudar went well.

Z282wcp.png

Aye, our absolute shocker this month has dragged us from ten ahead to just three. f**k sake.

January 2059

oC5ajQG.png

Firmly back to good form. Another lovely Mujdragic last minute winner to start us off, and we kicked on from there. 

Pleased to see Radovanovic get a goal as well, he's been a bit unlucky not to play very much this season. Same with Orlovic really.

xA2sYjM.png

Buducnost dropped a couple of points this month, to get our gap back up to five points. Ideal.

Need to keep our run going though. 

February 2059

tdMYcRf.png

We've well and truly put that blip in December behind us, another good month.

Month basically changed on two red cards, for Buducnost at 1-0 to them and for Sutjeska at 2-2. Had those not happened, I don't think we'd have won either game. As it is, they did and we did. Delightful.

go2eQbR.png

Six points, 11 games. Lets do it. 

March 2059

Ge7VCGX.png

Well, we're all but out of the cup. At the same time, four narrow wins in the league is the main thing I'm after here, and we've delivered on that. The Zeta game was particularly pleasing as we played most of it with ten men, but they never once looked like scoring.

34xMtQl.png

We're four wins and a draw away now, assuming that Buducnost win all of their games. We've still got one game against them to go as well.

I think we're going to be champions.