Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

August 2055

CVnvGM0.png

Good month. We're well on track for the title with this sort of form, so that's nice. And I'm still unbeaten.

7C9fo1i.png

11 points clear with five games to go, and we go into the promotion group now. Should have it wrapped up shortly.

September 2055

mCY2UcF.png

A walk in the park. Only loss was against Jazz who were looking to secure a playoff spot, while we had wrapped up the title a couple of games earlier.

EKIThen.png

ddxeIUz.png

Done and dusted. Most of the work was done prior to me turning up, but we still took nine wins and a draw from my 11 games in charge.

All about building a side to do well in the top flight next season now.

Nigeria under 23s

fCybAXd.png

Another very easy progression through, and we've qualified for the tournament proper.

The other teams there will be Senegal, Tunisia, Guinea-Bissau, South Africa, Egypt, Ivory Coast and Equatorial Guinea. Takes place in a month or so.

Under 23's African Cup of Nations  - 2055

November 2055, and it's time to take my Nigeria under 23's side to the AFCON. I'm going to resign at the end of this regardless of what happens, I only took the job for a shot at this. Anyway, our group is Tunisia, Ivory Coast and Equatorial Guinea. I think we should be getting through that, Equatorial Guinea are shite, both Tunisia and Ivory Coast are decent enough but I think we should be better than them too.

Anyways, onto the tournament.

Spoiler

8vRWTFd.png

That was an unexpected delight. I thought that they'd be our biggest challenge of the group, and we absolutely blew them away. 

Could not have asked for a better start.

jmsdKNl.png

Ideal. We're facing Tunisia next, so have a chance to get through already.

Spoiler

KFNjKou.png

A lot closer, but we still got the job done. Okechukwu only agreed to play for Nigeria about a day before I announced the squad, and is only 17 with a grand total of about 10 minutes of senior football, so lovely to see him get a goal.

Z9o301e.png

That puts us through, and we've still to face the poorest side in the group, on paper at least.

Spoiler

hoYDD0T.png

Aye, they're shite so a walk in the park that one. Ogbonna came in from the full squad for this, so good that it's paid off. 

We've absolutely pished this group.

6wYPtbJ.png

EFogQHL.png

Egypt will be a decent side, so that could be a tough test. 

Spoiler

w8wG6Ns.png

Ideal, and into the final we go!

The penalty was a stonewaller, and following that we held on pretty well. They pushed for an equaliser, and came close a couple of times but didn't manage to get it, and we it them right at the end.

oniIaeg.png

That's a difficult game - they're now one of Africa's top sides, particularly at youth level and they've reached the final of every one of these tournament's since 2039.

Spoiler

0iwqfOS.png

Hooray!

Basically a re-run of the semi final, only the penalty was fairly dodgy and we never hit them at the end. Its still job done and that's the main thing.

ZiNNbIJ.png

TGvEWQB.png

Delightful to get that wrapped up, As I said, I was always going to resign at the end of this tournament, and so it is.

ZApQEOC.png

Finnish Cup Group Stage - 2056

h96agDF.png

Finnish Cup starts with a group stage - for some reason we have the first four games in four weeks, then a three week break until the final one.

Anyways, we did pretty well, especially considering we were playing against exclusively Premiership opponents. HJK were last season's champions, Honka came fifth while the other three were bottom half. But still, I'm very pleased with that as a newly promoted side. We only lost to HJK in the last minute after playing 20 minutes with 10 men.

E8skjn7.png

Sees us safely through to the next round.

League season starts later this month.

Transfers - 2056

Th2NirD.png

FUuhYZx.png

0ElLhMm.png

vHKU894.png

Whole load of hopeless dross sold and/or released.

RUx9Qgd.png

And now the new boys...

Teemu Julin is a centre half, and a significant imporvement of what I had last season. He hasn't got very much technical ability, but he's a very solid defender.

Spoiler

ld6uM0C.png

Jere Paavolainen is a left back. Good going forward, not a brilliant defender, but I'm pretty pleased with him and I think he'll add a good bit to the team.

Spoiler

sz8m0hf.png

Sieppi is a centre midfielder, and basically just adds a bit of depth to the squad. Good technical player, nothing special but certainly good enough for the bench.

Spoiler

wkuDOHm.png

Jaako Rantasalo is an attacking midfielder, and can also provide depth in central midfield. Good player, although I suspect his end product may be lacking, but he'll do well.

Spoiler

a5IqP1l.png

Jens Kaki is a striker, and has some very good stats. His goal scoring record in the Finnish top flight is about 1 in 3 games, so hopefully he can at least keep that up. Definitely better than what I had last season anyway.

Spoiler

11Ua7c6.png

Beinir Agnarsson is on loan until his contract expires, and then joins us permanently for free. He's the signing I'm most pleased with. His crossing is poor, but other than that he's a very good winger for this level.

Spoiler

IiBVXGu.png

April 2056

fbu62jl.png

It's been a frankly outstanding start to the season, with 2 draws salvaged with last minute goals and then a couple of wins. We were put out of the cup, but we played 83 minutes of that game with ten men, and even then only lost to a last minute free kick.

I'm pleased with how it's all going.

1lzmAQV.png

Currently second, although I expect to fall down the table a fair bit.

Having said that, last season 22 points would have seen us in 10th and safe, and we're half way to that already.

May 2056

NLynmtw.png

Our unbeaten start to the league season was emphatically stopped by TPS, but we responded really, really well with three very good wins following that. 

We're massively outperforming my expectations so far.

t5Bf4A1.png

Aye, it's all going well. 

I'd go as far to say that if we lost all of our remaining games, we'd still have a decent shout at staying up, which is still my main aim. 

June 2056

iiRCZuQ.png

Our good form continues. I'm starting to believe that we might be genuine title contenders, which would be spectacular in our first season up.

kTlx0sh.png

They've a game in hand, but currently level on points at the top. We haven't played them yet either, so plenty of chances to go ahead, or for it all to fall apart.

TuQs6OX.png

I also got my first one of these, which is nice. Not unexpected given the month we had. 

July 2056

Started the month with a signing - striker Gregor Manson, who joins after leaving Partick Thistle where he made 9 appearances in 3 years.  He hasn't played a lot of football in his professional career, but he looks like he's a good finisher with a decent touch and a bit of pace. I think with a run in the side, he'll get some goals - although for the time being, he'll be on the bench behind Kaki. In any case, he came on for about 20 minutes for his debut and then promptly got himself injured for 6 weeks, so not seen anything from him yet.

Spoiler

413m4Hl.png

4xQfVwi.png

Mostly a very good month, with the win over Inter an obvious highlight. Our initial lead didn't last very long, but they went down to ten men shortly after half time and we were able to put the pressure on to great effect. 

HJK was obviously a big disappointment, but I will say that we're scoring a lot of goals generally so that bodes well. If I had a competent defence, I'd be an excellent team.

CiiG0Qs.png

Four games until the league splits in half, and it's very clearly a two horse race for the title. Still in our hands if we can beat Inter twice more. 

August 2056

First things first, I made a further two signings, both defenders.

First up, Jaakko Suhonen, a centre half. He's average at best, but he will do a decent enough job for me, and is better than the guy he's replacing in my back line, so that's good.

Spoiler

pLKX9p0.png

Federico Gunthard is a right back, and looks a pretty decent one. Unfortunately, he tore his hamstring in his second appearance for me, and is now out for the rest of the season, so that's fun.

Spoiler

OQWpXyz.png

x6qqDjX.png

Another fucking brilliant month. Ilves was simple stuff, and we were absolutely cruising against Honka as well until they scored two goals in about 19 seconds with five minutes left, and I shat myself. We managed to waste time for the rest of it though and saw it through.

Inter played really poorly against us - 0-0 was the best they could have done as they created absolutely f**k all. We missed a penalty, but 1-0 will do just fine. And the same in the next game, where we were a bit more fortunate not to concede, but I'll take it.

rkQBKGA.png

So, after all that, we're six points clear going into the split. 

We have to be heavy favourites here. Never expected this, but it's a lovely surprise. 

My board have just helpfully sold my goalkeeper, leaving me with the guy who was fourth choice last season and a 16 year old. 

I hate this game sometimes. 

Edit: My number 1 is now a 26 year old who has never made a senior appearance before :lol:

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Matchday 23 - 2056

Spoiler

RFC4iZS.png

Starting with us, I'll give the goalie I've been slagging off his due, he did fine. Clean sheet and he made a couple of saves, admittedly nothing particularly taxing but he was ok. We didn't get into our rhythm at all going forward and I would consider this a fairly poor result. At least I did until...

cqYZw9I.png

They made an arse of it. HJK have now beaten them twice in recent weeks, and done me a huge favour in the process.

jmttN4M.png

Seven points clear with four games to go, and in theory we can win it in our next game.

Lovely.

Matchday 24 - 2056

Spoiler

Ja2E5eO.png

weFxa7W.png

2-0's all round, but it's a much better result for us than them as it puts us within one win of securing the title. Rantasalo got his 13th and 14th goals of the season, which is a really good effort from left wing, and we just generally looked a superior side to HJK. 

RlylCId.png

Right, I'll finally call it now. We are going to win the league.

Matchday 25

Spoiler

One win away from the title, and we're playing against sixth placed SJK next - on paper our easiest game. If we win, then it's game over for Inter Turku, while anything else would let them back in...

Spoiler

BeiMqJm.png

Absolute walk in the park.

2-0 up within 6 minutes is exactly the kind of thing I was after, so very very pleasing. Gregor Manson made signing him worthwhile with his first goals for us at a vital time.

Job done now, and I can relax for the final two games since the top of the table looks like this following my game...

uZuHytm.png

QmfOxJ9.png

nCsIZU9.png

A couple more games left, and all we have to play for is a shout at the most points in a single season (64). That'd be nice, but I'm not really bothered either way.

Matchday 26 - 2056

Spoiler

iP7BPBm.png

Our season's over, but we still got the win here, which is nice. Another goal for Manson as well.

vLB1Xv2.png

We've equaled the record points total, so a draw or better in the final game breaks that. That'd be swell.

We also got this.

9cqJYIs.png

Matchday 27 - 2056

Spoiler

GreQlrD.png

Well, we absolutely fucked that up from 3 up, but who really cares? 

Three all is some way to sign off from Finland though.

Uo1IPeU.png

The final table looks like this, and it's job done. Much, much quicker than I expected but good to get another country ticked off. Armenia up next.

rdlNri0.png

fxNZW6y.png

Manager of the Year, and I'm away.

bQuuZ1w.png

For a while now, I've been meaning to go to Montenegro and get it ticked off as it's the lowest ranked league I have left presently. The problem, however, is that there's only two teams in the top flight who haven't won it before, and neither of those jobs came up very often. 

FK Berane are one of those teams, and while they're currently stinking out the league, I'm hopeful that I can turn it around and get them to be a semi-respectable side, and then a title-winning one. 

hcO8sqG.png

The current table looks like this though. We need to pick up some form quickly.