Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

March 2053

IlpVGEQ.png]

One wee blip, but that's an excellent start to the season. The only goal we've conceded was a penalty, and we've looked incredibly good going forward in every game, including against Samtredia where all that was missing was the final ball.

bf6jy3r.png

Early days, but that's where we want to be.

April 2053

2ozkFSg.png

A decent month, bookended by two shite results. Losing to Saburtalo isn't too bad, they're still the best side in the division, but drawing with newly promoted Telavi is really, really poor. We just didn't get going in that game at all.

Good wins over Lokomotivi and Dinamo Batumi though, and comfortably through in the cup.

gSulHUK.png

Well, we're still second but we're already six points behind Saburtalo and have now lost as many games as they lost in the whole of last season.

Surprising to see Lokomotivi and Dinamo Tblisi doing so poorly as well.

May 2053

WJj91Um.png

Fucking Samtredia again. 

Everything up until that point had been great, but we just could not score against them. We created a fair amount of chances, they had nothing other than the goal, and yet we lost. Just one of those games.

KD9kz5E.png

I think we're looking at securing second and that being the extent of our season, which would still be a success for me. Saburtalo are just too far ahead this season.

June 2053

iActN04.png

A fantastic month, and that win against Saburtalo was great. Puts us back into something resembling a title race.

We also beat Dinamo Batumi, who were our closest competitor for second, and comfortably through in the Cup, so aye, very pleased.

Xniupo2.png

Aye, we're back in the race after that month, and Saburtalo dropped some other points too.

We've got a chance now. Just need to stay consistent.

July 2053

Transfer window was open this month, I had a couple of my back up players leave and brought in a new goalkeeper - my number 1, Carlos Ceballos, got injured for the rest of the season so needed someone quickly, and Zurab Gogia joins from Hibs for 100k. Georgian, so doesn't count for foreign players, and he's better than Ceballos as well. Pleased.

Spoiler

qoCqKSE.png

3ECeA0Y.png

Another great month - mostly playing against some of the poorer sides in the league, but the European games against Midtjylland were outstanding stuff, and means that we're further than I expected to get.

Also, nice that the new boy Gogia has only conceded one in his first 6 games for us.

vfNiV0w.png

Some more points dropped by Saburtalo, and we're still in the title chase.

bmaPLwy.png

And we're facing Hungarian side Fehervar in the next round. I think we'll have a good chance at getting through, which has us one tie from the group stages.

August 2053

ZTMxRui.png

Busy month, but I'll start with the most important bit. I fucking hate Samtredia. Absolutely despise them. I really don't know what it is, I just can't seem to beat them.

Anyway, our European run came to an end at the hands of Marseille, and to be honest, it's a blessing. My squad simply doesn't have the depth to deal with an extended European run, as evidenced by our poor run of form this month.

We did, however, get back on track with wins against Dinamo Batumi and Lokomotivi.

thFYUUo.png

We've fallen back from just two behind to seven, but we've just about managed to remain in touch with Saburtalo.

We're almost certainly going to finishing at least second though, would take an absolutely monumental collapse of Falkirk in April 2021 proportions to slip below that. 

September 2053

DGM3fsu.png

That's more like it. As I said, a load of my players were absolutely fucked after the previous month, and I got the perfect opportunity to rest them against lower league Samegrelo in the cup, followed by the international break.

It worked well, and we were superb in all three of the games after that.

KBbRX8k.png

NXMXg5C.png

We're now guaranteed at least second place, and are five points behind with seven games left. We'll be playing them one more time, so have the opportunity to make it two points and need to hope they drop something else.

We'll be playing in Europe next season if nothing else though. 

October 2053

nEslpDg.png

Well, on the positive side, we're in the Cup final for the second year running, and I finally beat Samtredia, which was fucking delightful.

However, that's all slightly overshadowed by an absolute pumping we took off Saburtalo, which completely ends our title chances. 4-1 flatters them a little bit, but they undoubtedly deserved to win. Shame.

BOOHfE5.png

Aye, we need to hope that they lose all three of their remaining games, while we win all four of ours. Basically, it's no happening.

We face Saburtalo in the cup final, and will be playing them in the Super Cup next season as well.

November 2053

nIMBNnu.png

Well, we didn't even hold up our end of the bargain if we were going to win the league, but that's a pretty decent end to the season all things considered.

2xP8vAs.png

Final table looks like this. Shoutout to Gil who finished top scorer with 20, and Petr Havel who got the most assists with 13. 

Five losses all season, and three of them were against a pretty poor Samtredia side. If I can sort that out, we'll be challenging again next season, and more seriously this time. I think my first 11 is more than capable, I just really need a couple of players and some depth.

One more shot at glory this season, with the Cup final.

David Kipiani Cup Final - 2053

Well, it's our second consecutive cup final, and this time we face Saburtalo. It'll be a tough game, but I think we're in with a shot. We've beaten them before this season. My main concern is that Gil and Havel are both injured, although I've given them injections to hopefully make it through the game. We'll see if that works out...

Spoiler

bQZQQWC.png

Glorious. We came out the traps really quickly with our two goals, and were comfortably second best for the rest of the game. We defended well, and Gogia in goals made a number of good saves - including stopping an 122nd penalty. He also made two saves during the shootout, so on the whole I consider that 100 grand well spent.

Means that we've now won the Georgian Cup twice in a row, and I'm on three trophies in my two and half years at the helm.

J80BQoA.png

kdcf3RR.png

dG7nNHa.png

And on the back of that, we're expanding the stadium again. It makes sense, we've had 6 sellouts this season and have an average attendance which is 90% of our capacity.

Apparently, we're now the fifth biggest club in Georgia, and the fourth biggest in Tblisi, so that's nice. 

Georgian Super Cup - 2054

Spoiler

3qIJNZc.png

Very, very similar story to last season - we fell behind and came back to win it. Both my scorers came off the bench as well, so that's nice. 

We've now won both this and the Georgian Cup twice in a row, and we've beaten Saburtalo en route to all of those., but they have an annoying habit of being incredibly consistent in the league in a way that we aren't. I'm hopeful, however, that this latest victory will be able to spur us on to league glory this season. 

The Board don't really care about the Super Cup, but I'll absolutely be sticking it on my CV.  Now four trophies with Merani, which makes this the most I've won with any club so far.

42NXbsp.png

oItlVnB.png

Transfers - 2054

zwCwQhE.png

abB4HZQ.png

klL5NOb.png

Right, I'll just rattle through the ones who actually matter. Driton Sadiku got replaced by a youth player, and I also brought in a new right back, so moved him on. Ugrekhelidze was a young left back who I was planning on using, but he kicked up a fuss about moving so f**k it. I stuck a buy back clause in there in case he comes good. Maroales and Montejano were my back up centre halves but neither were good enough.

The main one is Petr Havel. I was really wanting to keep him, but he kicked off about moving as well, so I let him go. Genuinely sad to see him go.

oIAGiuY.png

Fh6Kk03.png

Right, not too many signings again.

Joel Pelvas was signed, supposed to be a replacement for Levan Khariashvili in central midfield as there was reports that Sevilla and Inter were looking at him, but he never left in the end so Pelvas will be here alongside him. He's an excellent passer, and very gifted technically. Not much defensively, but I don't really intend on him doing a lot of that work.

Spoiler

9ASsabT.png

Antti Lehtonen is my second Finnish signing, and he's the right back I brought in to replace Sadiku. He's not as good going forward, but he's much, much more solid defensively, and I think I need that given how attacking everything in front of my back line tends to be.

Spoiler

KtpBxoB.png

Oyvind Hammersland is a centre half, and a pretty good one too. He has a cracking name as well.

Spoiler

a9MMwOI.png

Giorgi Mikeladze is another centre half, and he's here for squad depth. A decent, if unspectacular, player, but will be fine. Also, weakens fucking Samtredia - an added bonus.

Spoiler

36hWltW.png

Revaz Lomia is a back up striker, young enough to improve a lot and a good finsher.

Spoiler

FM3FmWZ.png

Aleksi Koistinen is here to replace Petr Havel, so he has big shoes to fill. I have faith that he can do it, he's a great finisher, composed, fairly quick and just generally good at being a striker. Very pleased with him, especially as I got him in a rush when Havel was leaving.

Spoiler

9ASsabT.png

April 2054

fP1pGON.png

I'll take that, although the Sioni and Dinamo Tblisi games are missed opportunities. The Cup game was some laugh, being 5-0 up after 12 minutes. Admittedly, we were playing the colt team of a side who are 2 tiers below me, so it was expected but still.

Koistinen had a tough time in the first two games, but has really hit form since then.

hWR2Gey.png

Just three points behind Saburtalo, but we're starting to pull ahead of the rest of the league in second.

On an unrelated note, this has enraged me...

wqsPWRS.png

Koistinen is favoured personnel here, and I'm no. He's been here a fucking month. Sakes. 

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How has Gil progressed since you signed him?

Not as I'd hoped. He's a slightly better player than he was when I signed him, and he does very well in this league (20 goals in 31 games last season, 6 in 12 so far this) but I doubt he'll ever hit the heights that were predicted for him. He's still only 21 though, so maybe he'll get it together. 

R4eFv0f.png

Vs

SAOJqvt.png

May 2054

AeoIssr.png

Another loss against Saburtalo. They're still a better side than I am, which is really disappointing - was hoping that I could overtake them this season. Doesn't look like that'll be happening.

Rest of the month was good, apart from the 0-0 with Lokomotivi, but we were very unfortunate not to win that, and hit the bar in the last minute so it's just one of those games I think.

wi5fX9T.png

It's now a six point gap to the top, but we have five points on the teams behind us.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

wqsPWRS.png

Koistinen is favoured personnel here, and I'm no. He's been here a fucking month. Sakes. 

A few years back I went Man U and won the domestic treble and the Champions League. I never made favoured personnel but I brought Phil Marsh on as a sub in a league cup game v Liverpool and he scored two injury times goals in a 2-1 and was instantly an icon.

June 2054

opDzLVs.png

Quiet month due to the World Cup, but we won both our games so that's good. Had to come back against Telavi, which wasn't really ideal, but we managed it fairly comfortably in the end.

UyNbVaE.png

Not much change in the table, we're still clear in second and still trailing first by a fair bit.