Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Matchday 21 - September 2042

Spoiler

JGSOdwU.png

Standard stuff for us and Breidablik, but that Fylkir goal is huge. It now means that if Breidablik and Vikingur draw, then I will win the title with a win over IA in my final game. Gives us a way to go into the final day with it in our hands.

Ff5zebA.png

One game to go for me, 2 for them. I need a draw from them. 

Matchday 22 - September 2042

Spoiler

SIPDuId.png

Job Done.

Feels absolutely perfect that it Suwita Kurnia's goal that secured it for us, He missed about half of the season with injury, but still ended up with 14 league goals in 13 games. And to have sealed it with a clean sheet is fitting as well, given that we've kept clean sheets in 14 out of 22 games, a record for the league. We only conceded 12  goals all season, and only conceded more than 1 in a game twice. With that kind of defence, no wonder we're winning the league.

hXF9WfI.png

Our win meant that it didn't matter what happened elsewhere, but as it turned out both Breidablik and Vikingur drew 3-3, so even a draw would have done it for us. 

Amusing to see Breidablik go the season unbeaten and not win the title too, get it up them. 

nifhCKb.png

muDYlwN.png

That means that the original five leagues have all been completed, and moves me up to 7 top flight titles won. Next on the list: Finland.

FYSwGOO.png

And I won these. I mean, I'd have thought so, but still nice. to win it for the second season running.

Spoiler

PUvallj.png

I'm swapping an island in the North Atlantic for an archipelago in the North Atlantic, as I head to the Faroe Islands with 07 Vestur. They were only founded in 2007, so maybe not surprising that they're one of the few teams in the Faroes to have never won the league.

Anyway, the season's just finished and they've been relegated from the top flight, so first job will be to get them back there. 

Meet the Team

4 stars is 'good player for most second tier sides', 3 stars is 'decent player for most second tier sides'

boGdzk2.png

One outstanding player, and no depth. Need someone to be a good option as back up here.

iqT1y4p.png

Work to be done. I have decent enough wingers on either side, but no one to play through the middle. Also need options, and if I can get new wingers I won't say no.

l8i5jfn.png

That's simply not good enough. Urgent work needed.

NaboQgu.png

Hmm. I can either have a shite centre half pairing and good full backs, or vice versa. Need players here, but there's a decent base I guess.

GWBT4RT.png

Best area of the team, easily. Won't need to sign anyone here for a wee while at least. 

Transfers 2043

DIHuoQs.png

Not bothered about either of these. Kjaerbo could be good in years to come, but isn't going to do much just now so a loan is fine.

aczVjYI.png

EsFCKgX.png

And now the players coming in.

Cedric Faure joins to play centre back, and he looks pretty decent. He isn't good technically, but he can defend and his positioning is good. Should do a job.

Spoiler

JbP0gCX.png

Niklas Olsen is a central midfielder, and looks ok. He's a pretty limited player, but he'll work hard and you don't need to be anything particularly special in the Faroese lower leagues. Good first touch though.

Spoiler

zwCqHba.png

Mattias Jorgensen is my other new centre midfielder, and he's very similar to Olsen. He's got better technique, slightly better passing and vision, but doesn't work as hard. Still, they're both definitely better than what I had before.

Spoiler

S8IbV5t.png

Ari Jakobsen is a utility player along the back line, and looks more than good enough to give me decent cover in all three positions. Appalling going forward for a right back though.

Spoiler

65PLSf2.png

Berint Andreassen is one of the two new strikers I've brought in. His finishing is a real worry, but with a good first touch, technique and movement I'm hopeful that he'll be able to bring others into the game well, and score a couple just by getting into plenty of good positions.

Spoiler

gJvHn7E.png

Kristian Ludvig is the other striker. He's a good finisher, and has decent movement but not much else. And he's one of the slowest strikers I've ever seen. Again, I'm hopeful that he'll get a few goals just by being able to get into good positions, but that pace is a real worry.

Spoiler

KCTZZ8C.png

March 2043

p8Dl2Os.png

Good start to the season, Johan Hansen has been great, and we're looking very solid defensively. Pleased with how we're shaping up so far.

IbB876r.png

Early days but we've started well.

Theoretically, 6th place could see us promoted, due to all the reserves teams in the league, but I'd rather avoid seeing if that'll work. The lowest anyone has finished and been promoted was 5th though.

April 2043

v1rysFg.png

Pretty decent month, apart from the last game. HB 2 are usually a decent side in this division, so beating them was great - and apparently MB is our derby game, so nice to win that.

dGSZmQt.png

Still top, despite the loss to AB - although we won't be if B68 win their game in hand. 

May 2043

gyUZrp5.png

Another good month, and an outrageously good win over top flight opposition in the cup. Sends us through to the quarters, where we're facing 3rd tier side Undrid - so a good chance of a semi final appearance. The draw with Hoyvik was pretty poor though.

Sonni Bech seems to be quite good at scoring goals.

NhzU7qD.png

Win over B68 sends us back to the top of the league.

June 2043

vaiOpeb.png

Again, pretty decent. Frustrating to lose the game against HB, but we seemed to take that frustration out on the other teams.

Also, despite struggling to it, we got past third tier side Undrid to reach the cup semi final, so that's lovely.

WkDgkS8.png

7 points ahead of 3rd with 11 games to go, so promotion is very much in our sights. We're also tied on points with B68, so title still up for grabs too. 

July 2043

ieMp0Yx.png

Draws against the two poorer sides we faced, but we beat both the teams directly below us in the league so I won't moan too much about the dropped points elsewhere.

A bit like at Leiknir, we have a very solid defence but don't score too many goals. It's working out well though, given we have clean sheets in over half our games.

FmktUtv.png

6 points ahead with 7 games to go - title is ours for the taking. B68 had a bit of a collapse last month with 1 point in 4 games. 

August 2043

LA3R3JR.png

Meh - we did pretty much what we needed to in the league, but a disappointing exit from the cup, Their goal was a cross that went straight in as well, really annoying,

Still, we're getting close to securing promotion.

ynxQQmY.png

We're now 9 points ahead of 3rd with 4 games to go,  so we should be able to secure promotion at least shortly. The title is still ours if we want it as well.

September 2043

SYYfyAJ.png

That'll do the job. Really straightforward stuff for us, neither of these teams are particularly good and it showed.

aiE8vMy.png

And it all means that we're going up as champions. Massive similarities with my Leiknir side, as I mentioned earlier, we've only conceded 11 goals in 25 games which is some effort.

eDSuhUL.png

EGEeUev.png

We have two games left, which are absolutely meaningless as we can't even get the record points haul. Oh well, at least there's no pressure on our final games.

Hooray!

Transfers 2044

AZli4tp.png

lyzkvDs.png

First, the outgoing players. Ludvig was comfortably the worst of my signings last season - 13 games, 0 goals average rating of 6.61. Rogvi Joensen and Jorgensen both asked to leave, and weren't going to be in my squad, so no loss there.

J3yUDHu.png

JQT1ymi.png

Onto the player I've brought in. I was meaning to bring in more, but there's not a huge pool of players available, and a lot of those who are available aren't up to it.

Anyway, I'll start with Pall Winthereig, a right winger. I actually signed him last season but I wasn't allowed to register him so he's hung around for 6 months without playing a game. He would have been fine for last season, probably not quite good enough for the top flight but he'll do I suppose. Nothing better was available.

Spoiler

iqgI4OC.png

Shaun Richardson joins as an attacking midfielder. He's got excellent technique, good flair and vision. If his passing was better, he'd be nowhere near us. He's young enough to improve, and in any case is comfortably good enough for us.

Spoiler

T08JgST.png

Magni Justinnussen is a centre half on loan for the season. He's alright, nothing special, but better than the other guys I've got. 

Spoiler

yY8BAh2.png

Sjurdur Kristiansen is a centre half or centre midfielder, and he's here to provide depth to the squad.

Spoiler

5cxx9ho.png

So that's it. As I said, I wanted to bring in more guys, and I missed out on a few players to other (better) teams, but I'm hopeful that the team that got us promoted will be enough. I don't know if that's naive or not yet.