I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

• 1 month later...

Watching Frasier (Season 11, Episode 7), and Laliari (the attractive alien lassie) from Galaxy Quest makes a brief appearance as a client on Frasier's couch, the joke being that something goes wrong almost immediately with all of his sessions (with her, he comes across as a letch after an incredibly elaborate set-up). Dan Castellaneta (aka Homer Simpson) is a patient also, along with a couple of other more famous faces.

Couldn't figure out where I knew her from, so looked up the episode and discovered that the actress (Missi Pyle) was on Friends too, as Ross' date during the episode where he has glow-in-the-dark teeth. Castellaneta was on Friends as well, as the Deep Throat who helps Ross find his monkey (not as dirty as it sounds).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/05/2022 at 14:04, scottsdad said:

Joe Walsh, guitarist and singer with the Eagles and the James Jang (and a solo artist) in the Blues Brothers. He started the prison riot.

Blues-Brothers-joe-walsh.jpg

All the times I have watched that film, I had never noticed that..

Alan Curbishley in a (very brief) clip in "Quadrophenia"... he's the one that throws the table. His brother was The Who's manager.

Edit: I only found this out this week and can't remember where, so if I've nicked this fact off someone on here, apologies. 🙂

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

On 18/05/2022 at 09:04, scottsdad said:

Joe Walsh, guitarist and singer with the Eagles and the James Jang (and a solo artist) in the Blues Brothers. He started the prison riot.

Blues-Brothers-joe-walsh.jpg

Walsh and Belushi were good friends, theres a great story told by Walsh in the Eagles documentary about Belushi and him trying to get into a restaurant and getting a kb for wearing jeans so they go and spray paint their jeans black to look like trousers and end up destroying the seats. 

Currently watching a DVD of Road House for the audio commentary by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier (no, I don't know why either). I hadn't seen it in about thirty years and didn't realise that an abnormally geeky-looking Keith David is one of the background bartenders - I'm not even sure if he gets any lines.

By 1989 he'd already starred in The Thing and They Live, so I take it he had a bigger role that was cut or something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2022 at 13:45, Arch Stanton said:

Stuart from The Big Bang Theory now does the BBC Scotland weather.

20220525_134408.jpg

Some boy that weather presenter. Puts me in mind of Geoff Tipps from League Gentlemen.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

Stuck the old Cronenberg flick Shivers on in the background today while working, and can't believe that I'd never noticed that Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman not only produced it, but is credited as "music supervisor".

Apparently they didn't have money for an actual score, so he just picked pieces of stock music and chose when to play them - "needle drop music".