I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

Probably already mentioned, but as we're doing Corrie characters, Alf Roberts is A Big Man In Bad Shape in the Michael Caine classic Get Carter. Not linking his more famous scene due to spoilers, as it's a cracking film!

Surprised I haven't mentioned this before, but Jim Belushi is an extra in the Brian De Palma film The Fury.

Supposedly he made such a c**t of himself in the single scene that he was in the background of, they chucked him off the set. Despite that, he managed to squeeze himself into almost every shot, and is very noticeable as he's wearing a pair of cut-off jorts. Bizarre to watch John Belushi's untalented brother desperately trying to eke out a few seconds of screen time.

I'd say which scene, but you can't miss him. It's a good film anyway, just watch it and see for yourself.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Michael B. Jordan in The Wire. 

Recently started re-watching it and it took me a couple of episodes to figure out who he was.

Wallace_The_Wire.jpg

Bodies is Tupac in Ghetto Gospel music video too which I had seen before I watched the Wire and only realised quite a while after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There's a 1955 film called Geordie with Alastair Sim and Bill Travers about a Highland athlete who goes to the Olympics. 

It's not bad.

The part of Geordie when he was a boy is played by Paul Young.

He was well known in film and TV in the 60s

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There's a 1955 film called Geordie with Alastair Sim and Bill Travers about a Highland athlete who goes to the Olympics. 

It's not bad.

The part of Geordie when he was a boy is played by Paul Young.

I first read this and thought - no way is Paul Young old enough. He was a pop singer in the 80s!

Then I realised...

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I first read this and thought - no way is Paul Young old enough. He was a pop singer in the 80s!

Then I realised...

If it was the Scottish Paul Young with his lugs he would have heard Gino D'Acampo breaking into his house to nick his guitars.

Already mentioned Death Wish 4 earlier in the thread, but the original was on the telly last night and I was reminded that Jeff Goldblum makes a frankly embarrassing early appearance as "Freak #1", along with Christopher Guest with a brief role that sadly doesn't go up to 11. The internet recently decided that Denzel Washington was an extra in one scene, and it really does look like him in one shot, but apparently not.

Counsellor Troi of Star Trek: The Next Generation is a rape victim in one of them (#3?) and apparently had some terrible experiences with Michael "do you know who I am?" Winner, which should be of no surprise to anyone.