I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

I’m assuming the majority on here aren’t thrash metal fans so might not know that Danny Trejo of Con Air and Machete fame starred in the music video for “Repentless” by the now retired metal titans, Slayer. 

P.S. Let us know what you think of the video even if the music ain’t your cuppa.

• 4 months later...
On 25/12/2020 at 11:37, 8MileBU said:

I’m assuming the majority on here aren’t thrash metal fans so might not know that Danny Trejo of Con Air and Machete fame starred in the music video for “Repentless” by the now retired metal titans, Slayer.

Slayer were always the boys, even if they're a bunch of right-wing c***s. Bad Slayer is still better music than 99% of what everyone else produces.

I was watching Death Wish 4 a while back and thought that one lad in a brief scene looked a bit like Danny Trejo. Whaddaya know, it was one of his first roles. Take a look at his IMDb page - 402 acting credits, and he seems to take on more work every year. At the time of writing, he has 19 projects pending release. The man's 77 years old this month.

Today I learned that Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fame did a bunch of X-Files episodes as well. I barely remember the first episode he apparently wrote (Soft Light) despite watching it maybe a fortnight ago.

57 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Came across this a couple of weeks ago but Ian Buckells from Line of Duty once refused to serve Will from the Inbetweeners a pint. 

e8c9d362-7594-40aa-9c6c-bbcb8fd0c42d-1.jpg

That barman is also called Ian, and manages to serve every other underage patron before Will’s meltdown. Bent or incompetent?

Same character IMHO

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Came across this a couple of weeks ago but Ian Buckells from Line of Duty once refused to serve Will from the Inbetweeners a pint. 

e8c9d362-7594-40aa-9c6c-bbcb8fd0c42d-1.jpg

Similarly, Lomax was the main bully in the TV series of This Is England 

image.gif.52adf0ac4d893790ec437fcc5ca727f5.gif

1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

You could make an entire thread about this for Seinfeld. Courtney Cox, Terri Hatcher, Brian Cranston + his lawyer AND his wife in Breaking Bad, Janice from Friends, Daphne from Frasier. They were all in Seinfeld before becoming mainstream in their own right. 

Same with Star Trek. Teri Hatcher again.. 

7ea68b96883b699aa22a2502b416064a--sci-fi

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Today I learned that Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fame did a bunch of X-Files episodes as well. I barely remember the first episode he apparently wrote (Soft Light) despite watching it maybe a fortnight ago.

funny for you to mention it; I'd read that bit of trivia a couple of years ago (not trying to come over in a hipstery "i knew that before it was cool" way, honest) and at a rare pub quiz appearance from me, one of the questions was "who wrote/co-wrote the tv series The X Files"

I put that down as my best guess, wasn't the right answer for however the question was worded, alas.

Think one of the episodes Vince wrote had Bryan Cranston in it too, one where a nazi keeps hearing high frequencies and his head goes pop near the end of the episode. I'll google it after I finish typing this as it may well be titled Soft Light, trying not to cheat...

edit: ah it isnt soft light after all, ep im thinking of is called drive

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

funny for you to mention it; I'd read that bit of trivia a couple of years ago (not trying to come over in a hipstery "i knew that before it was cool" way, honest) and at a rare pub quiz appearance from me, one of the questions was "who wrote/co-wrote the tv series The X Files"

I put that down as my best guess, wasn't the right answer for however the question was worded, alas.

Think one of the episodes Vince directed had Bryan Cranston in it too, one where a nazi keeps hearing high frequencies and his head goes pop near the end of the episode. I'll google it after I finish typing this as it may well be titled Soft Light, trying not to cheat...

It's definitely not that! That one's about somedy's shadow killing people. Shite.

\Another one for this thread. I started watching Fargo and up popped Glenn Howerton.

Oh im not sure if its already on the thread but I rewatched Black Hawk Down relatively recently - a few months ago tbf, think might even have been over the festive period last year - and Jaime Lannister from GoT was in it in a fairly major role, full on had a giddy "haha oh no way that's so cool" reaction when I seen it

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's definitely not that! That one's about somedy's shadow killing people. Shite.

\Another one for this thread. I started watching Fargo and up popped Glenn Howerton.

oh he's in one of the Crank movies too, that got a laugh from me on a rewatch and all! 

1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

You could make an entire thread about this for Seinfeld. Courtney Cox, Terri Hatcher, Brian Cranston + his lawyer AND his wife in Breaking Bad, Janice from Friends, Daphne from Frasier. They were all in Seinfeld before becoming mainstream in their own right. 

Mrs regularly watches Murder She Wrote and it's mad how many high profile names have made guest appearances on that too, Bryan Cranston is there too, might be harder to name celebs from that era that didnt make an appearance on it!

Couple of bits of Coronation Street trivia for y'all 

John Savident/Fred Elliott has a small part in A Clockwork Orange. 

Helen Worth/Gail Platt has a similarly minor role in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. 

Away from Weatherfield.... Pat Stanton, Hibs and Celtic legend plays himself as a publican in The Acid House

Tess Daly appears in the music video for 'Serious' by Duran Duran from, if memory serves me correctly 1991? And is absolutely smoking hot in it too  😍😍 She also is in a video by that weird American guy Moby a few years later as well 

c7875f80ccf4db0242c3dc5f1d32bea1.jpg

Helen Worth  The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1968).jpg

0639d557-d607-47be-ace7-5805e3747afb_screenshot-1.jpg

Edited by Flybhoy

21 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Couple of bits of Coronation Street trivia for y'all 

John Savident/Fred Elliott has a small part in A Clockwork Orange. 

Helen Worth/Gail Platt has a similarly minor role in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. 

Away from Weatherfield.... Pat Stanton, Hibs and Celtic legend plays himself as a publican in The Acid House

Tess Daly appears in the music video for 'Serious' by Duran Duran from, if memory serves me correctly 1991? And is absolutely smoking hot in it too  😍😍 She also is in a video by that weird American guy Moby a few years later as well 

c7875f80ccf4db0242c3dc5f1d32bea1.jpg

Helen Worth  The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1968).jpg

0639d557-d607-47be-ace7-5805e3747afb_screenshot-1.jpg

John Savident also plays an auctioneer that gets blown up in Hudson Hawk, with Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello

On 05/05/2021 at 16:09, NotThePars said:

Vince Gilligan also has a cameo in Community as a VCR video game actor in season 5.