I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

I was just flicking through the channels there and I caught the start of The Last Samurai. I was kinda surprised to see Billy Connolly alongside Tom Cruise.  I had no idea he was in that.

A few years ago I watched a film called Gorky Park that starred both Lee Marvin and Rikki Fulton.

What other films or TV shows have you seen that involved an unusual or unlikely cast member?

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Jenny Hanley, presenter of Magpie and daughter of Cliff Hanley (he who wrote the words to Scotland the Brave) was a Bond Burd appearing as the Irish/Scottish burd in OHMSS.

Johnny Depp was in A Nightmare on Elm Street. Similarly Kevin Bacon was in Friday the 13th.

Sigourney Weaver is in Annie Hall, she plays one of Alvy's (Woody Allan) dates.

Michael Caine is in the magnificent The Day the Earth Caught Fire.

Linda Hamilton's twin sister is in Terminator 2 (the dream sequence when the bombs go off).

Leonard Nimoy is in Them!

Duddly from Harry Potter is in the Queen's Gambit as the guy with the dodgy teeth

The guy with a broken wrist in the hospital in Still Game, who is also the carpet arsehole from the episode they do up Isa's flat, is in Line of Duty as a social worker for Denton.

Neither are particularly interesting but they're the most recent ones I can remember

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Jenny Hanley, presenter of Magpie and daughter of Cliff Hanley (he who wrote the words to Scotland the Brave) was a Bond Burd appearing as the Irish/Scottish burd in OHMSS.

She was in Scars of Dracula as well. So was Denis Waterman.

17 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I was just flicking through the channels there and I caught the start of The Last Samurai. I was kinda surprised to see Billy Connolly alongside Tom Cruise.  I had no idea he was in that.

A few years ago I watched a film called Gorky Park that starred both Lee Marvin and Rikki Fulton.

Don't forget Alexie Sayle as a Russian black market boy.

Excellent film, Fulton really well cast as the KGB bod surprisingly.

11 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Yeah, Rikki Fulton was actually really good as the KGB officer. It's a shame that he didn't do more serious roles like that.

I should've watched this at the time but was put off because it Shakespeare.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0081761/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_25