Alloa vs Hearts

HibsFan

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Wee Team👆

Wee cup 👆

Wee team patter.  Turgid.

Especially as you are in the division below in a smaller stadium and just papped oot the 'wee' cup by some part timers.  My mistake, your mob surely is the big team.

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Wee Team👆

Wee cup 👆

This is the true meaning of 'sour grapes'. It doesn't mean making excuses when you lose; it means claiming that something you can't have isn't worth having in the first place.

(From the fable about the fox trying unsuccessfully to reach a bunch of grapes high on a vine, then deciding they were probably sour anyway.)

The heart of Midlothian... You keep giving the tin pot clubs even more than we could ask for... So to Wee Anne & Robbie we say thank You... Was going to say see you all at Cappielow next Week but unfortunately we can't all meet up for for the Pride Of Gorgie having a wee Day out at the Tail O The Bank o we'll never mind...

What an absolute fucking gang, but fair-fucks to Alloa.

What pisses me off the most is the fact that they'll probably draw Hibs away in the next round.

The embarrassment of the last week and a bit at least gives us an insight into what it feels like to be a Celtic fan.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

This is the true meaning of 'sour grapes'. It doesn't mean making excuses when you lose; it means claiming that something you can't have isn't worth having in the first place.

(From the fable about the fox trying unsuccessfully to reach a bunch of grapes high on a vine, then deciding they were probably sour anyway.)

Pie and Bovril threads can be educational !

41 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

What an absolute fucking gang, but fair-fucks to Alloa.

What pisses me off the most is the fact that they'll probably draw Hibs away in the next round.

The embarrassment of the last week and a bit at least gives us an insight into what it feels like to be a Celtic fan.

Nah. Not true. What pisses you off is that you know that Hibs would beat Alloa if that happened. If we didn't, you'd be in full-on gloat mode (with some justification, ofc).

Absolutely shite from Hearts.  Decent start then it's like we just assumed we'd get a goal and stopped playing.  From about 30 minutes in I don't think we had a meaningful attempt at goal.  I'd say we deserved to lose, but Alloa had one real effort all day, I think it's more accurate to say we didn't deserve to win.

Robbie blaming the ref is pathetic as well.  He should be looking closer to home, another slow, pedestrian performance so soon after Dunfermline is a worry.