Brannigan Crisps RIP

Ludo*1

18 hours ago, G51 said:

They're made by Tayto as well, and they're a very close second to Brannigans IMO. Ireland has a far better  selection of crisps than the UK does.

wouldn't disagree, but we had it good for a while with Golden Wonder, Tudor, KP, Highlanders, Smiths,, then Pepsi came on the scene and basically  turned Walkers into Chelsea

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I actually thought KP were the best Smokey bacons back in the day.

Anyway, the day Roysters get pulled is the day I take out my Uzi and go to town (no euph).

Bacon Nik Naks were also pretty good. I've always thought that they only dropped them because they could fit their 'n' gimmick onto the packet.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I actually thought KP were the best Smokey bacons back in the day.

Anyway, the day Roysters get pulled is the day I take out my Uzi and go to town (no euph).

3 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Bacon Nik Naks were also pretty good. I've always thought that they only dropped them because they could fit their 'n' gimmick onto the packet.

Bacon flavoured crisps  ?

3f79ac4988c10b26f1b2e00c31d39cc8.jpg

20 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Honestly can’t remember them but they sound fucking glorious.

19 hours ago, philpy said:

I was gutted  when they stopped making "Highlander" crisps. Bacon and brown sauces ones were brilliant. 

About 9-10 years ago in my former work role I used to visit their factory in Bathgate every other month. Big Romanian engineer fella who worked there used to throw a black bin bag full of Highlanders and an export brand called San Carlo (basically an Italian Walkers/GW but better) in the back of my van pretty much every time I visited. Was about a year to 18 month spell I never once had to buy crisps then had to start leaving them for the guys at my work as I was crisped out my nut at home.

10 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Golden Wonder are far superior.

Golden Wonder’s salt & vinegar or pickled onion are a fucking delicacy. I couldn’t give a shiny shite that unlike Walkers, Golden Wonder batter their crisps with MSG. Any additive that enhances their glorious tastiness is all good with me.

Edited by 8MileBU