Livingston FC v Ayr United FC

ayrunitedfw

I see excitement has reached fever pitch for this one. I’m looking forward to it and think it should be a really tight game. The game last season certainly was an end to end battle which could of went either way. 

Teamwise I’d mix it up a bit as we really have nothing to lose imo. I’d go with a 4-3-1-2 with Cameron and Anderson upfront together and Cammy Smith playing behind them.

How are Livingston fans feeling ahead of this? Happy Holt is away?  How have the ex Ayr boys done?

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see excitement has reached fever pitch for this one. I’m looking forward to it and think it should be a really tight game. The game last season certainly was an end to end battle which could of went either way. 

Teamwise I’d mix it up a bit as we really have nothing to lose imo. I’d go with a 4-3-1-2 with Cameron and Anderson upfront together and Cammy Smith playing behind them.

How are Livingston fans feeling ahead of this? Happy Holt is away?  How have the ex Ayr boys done?

Not feeling as confident as I should tbh. Ayr will be the biggest test we've had in this competition. Holt leaving is a bit of a bombshell and this game could be quite telling. If there's wholesale changes and even a change of tactics then it perhaps suggests Martindale and Holt weren't seeing eye to eye. Saying that...I'm sure most Livi fans would be happy to see changes, drop Jet for Poplatnik or Tiffoney plus get Mullin and Forrest on from the start. A good performance here will hopefully lift our spirits and push us on for the league. As for the ex Ayr boys, Forrest has been arguably our best player this season. A real threat cutting in from the left...he can sometimes take a touch too many like his brother though but is still young enough to improve. Devlin is fantastic at getting down the line and skipping past defenders like they aren't there but his deliveries into the box tend to be awful. He got our Player of The Month award recently but I'd like to see more of McMillan who is better defensively. Robbie Crawford is, for some reason, on loan at Motherwell. I'm a big fan of Robbie and if he learned how to shoot he'd be first choice in our midfield. Had he still been here he'd be putting some serious pressure on Bartley for the starting spot.

What’s the script with Cameron and Smith, can they play? Assuming so I quite like the idea that Fraser has. Walsh still out though...

Sinisalo

Houston Baird Roscoe Reading 

Murdoch Muirhead Chalmers

Smith 

Cameron Anderson

Subs: Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Miller, Kerr, McCowan, Moffat, McKenzie. 

58 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If Ayr could take Nicky Devlin back with them after the game, that would be appreciated.

Happily. I love that guy. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

What’s the script with Cameron and Smith, can they play? Assuming so I quite like the idea that Fraser has. Walsh still out though...

Sinisalo

Houston Baird Roscoe Reading 

Murdoch Muirhead Chalmers

Smith 

Cameron Anderson

Subs: Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Miller, Kerr, McCowan, Moffat, McKenzie. 

Aye, Kerr confirmed both are eligible. Apparently the knock out stage of this competition is regarded as a different competition to the group stages. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If Ayr could take Nicky Devlin back with them after the game, that would be appreciated.

Ok we will leave Jordan Houston in the centre circle at full time. 

EL has a thing about Devlin but he isn't anything like as bad as he makes out. As Capt Hooch said, he's excellent going forward, but his deliveries leave a lot to be desired. However we've got Josh Mullin on the same wing and his deliveries are the best we've seen at Livi for years, so they both could work well together. 

Same on the other wing, Forrest is good getting down the wing and cutting inside for shots on goal, scoring most of our goals too, but not great with assists, however Serran is on the same flank and has shown he can put in good deliveries.

Hoping Martindale has been seeing the same as the fans and sets out the team accordingly, so in that respect i can't wait for this game and seeing what starting XI he picks and the formation he goes with. Mullin & Forrest playing together would be great, and Poplatnik or Tiffoney up front, or even playing together in a 4-4-2.

Had forgot Mullin was there again - between him and Forrest theres the potential for some spectacular goals!   Mullin scored two absolute beauties against us the season County won the league.   Saw Forrest got one of his trademark ones recently cutting in from the left and curling it round the keeper. 

That said, I quite fancy us tomorrow and thought the 7/1 at Bet 365 was very over priced.  Would obviously be a shock result if we did win but not that much of one if that makes sense.   

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Had forgot Mullin was there again - between him and Forrest theres the potential for some spectacular goals!    Saw Forrest got one of his trademark ones recently cutting in from the left and curling it round the keeper. 

Both of them are on fire scoring in cup games, however Ayr are a step above anything we've faced in the cup, so expecting it to be a tough game.

Not feeling good about this really, no idea if I want a load of changes and give some new guys a chance or try and field (Martindale's idea of) our strongest team and hope something clicks.

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  Serrano

Lawson  -  Sibbald

Mullin  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

Tiffoney

or, if we're trying something else:

Stryjek

Lawson  -  Fitzwater  -  Ambrose  -  McMillan

Mullin  -  Sibbald  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

JET  -  Tiffoney

I can have more fun putting together some lineups than I do actually watching our games.

Stryjek

Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  ATS

Devlin  -  Holt  -  Sibbald  -  Serrano

Mullin  -  Tiffoney  -  Forrest

... is there a game on? 2-1 Ayr.

Edited by LiviLion

16 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Not feeling good about this really, no idea if I want a load of changes and give some new guys a chance or try and field (Martindale's idea of) our strongest team and hope something clicks.

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  Serrano

Lawson  -  Sibbald

Mullin  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

Tiffoney

or, if we're trying something else:

Stryjek

Lawson  -  Fitzwater  -  Ambrose  -  McMillan

Mullin  -  Sibbald  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

JET  -  Tiffoney

I can have more fun putting together some lineups than I do actually watching our games.

Stryjek

Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  ATS

Devlin  -  Holt  -  Sibbald  -  Serrano

Mullin  -  Tiffoney  -  Forrest

... is there a game on? 2-1 Ayr.

Your last selection is certainly interesting, although Holt wouldn't be playing, he's suspended for our next 2 games.

Big Marv in your sin bin, EL will approve.:lol:

Expecting a good exciting game today with the pitch (although often pilloried) suiting us far better than a heavy bobbly Somerset.

I must admit that I'm looking forward to seeing Devlin and Forrest again but both they and Josh Mullin are giving me the fear and no doubt all three of my favourite former players will come back and haunt me.