The Mighty QP vs Clay Davis's Team

First chance to have a promotion pushing team verses QP at Hampden this season.

Should be a good game hopefully, think it'll be close and it'll be a 2-2 in the end with Mr Clay Davis impressed with his team's showing.

Info for Stenny fans wanting to purchase the steam - https://queensparkfc.co.uk/qptv-live/

Discuss.

Good to see we'll have Little and Tiffoney back after missing out through Covid reasons. Shame that Callum Yeats will miss out through injury so I'd assume Ryan Watters will fill in at left back. Would take a point here. 

49 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Good to see we'll have Little and Tiffoney back after missing out through Covid reasons. Shame that Callum Yeats will miss out through injury so I'd assume Ryan Watters will fill in at left back. Would take a point here. 

Ryan Watters in a left-back?

Queen's Park 5-0 Stenhousemuir!

I said it on the Annan Athletic match thread but the lack of depth in the squad was badly exposed; losing just one player from our back four or midfield has a big knock-on effect for the rest of the team. It's great to see Creag Little and Tiffoney are back in but Callum Yeats has been a very important player for us and asking a jobbing striker to fill in won't work.

I didn't really fancy our chances before the match; less so now.

Looking forward to this, especially off the back of last weeks performance. Obviously expecting Stenny to be a much tougher opposition than Brechin were, they’ve got some decent players up top in Spence who’s scored against qp a fair few times over his career. However, there’s no reason to suggest why we can’t win this 

Interested to see how we lineup, I’d imagine if Grant and Slater are fit and available they’ll come in for Morrison and replace one of the strikers which id imagine is more likely to be Baynham ? 

If Quitongo plays to anywhere like the level he did last week then we’ve got a great chance of winning, probably the best individual performance of the season so far from a qp player so hopefully he carries this in to tomorrow

Brechin were pressed so hard from the go they had no option but to pack their box and it was like that much of the game. Unfortunately, that usually results in a frustrating day for the attackers. I’d rather Stenny having more of the ball in midfield to allow us more space behind them. 4-1 to QP with Creag Little scoring for Stenny from a dead ball play.

Interesting comments from Galty in the programme explaining his own lack of goals due to his creative midfield play. I remember a guy called Davie Cooper who was the master of assists and ball wizardry, with an occasional decent goal. He played wide left too. Just saying. 

Simon Murray and Bob McHugh are going to be devastating in this league. Hard fought match where we missed a significant midfield presence with Carroll and Slater out. Slater is a big concern. Hopefully Grant will be back next week for the donnybrook at Central Park. To be fair Stenhousemuir looked a much better outfit than I had anticipated. They were a well organised side. Great win.

Absolutely buzzing after that. Fully deserved the win, thought we played well across the whole game and other than the goal we looked solid once again at the back. Quitongo was unplayable first half, so much excitement when he’s driving at players at pace. 
What an introduction for Simon Murray, almost scored on his first touch, set up McHugh’s goal and rounded it off with a goal himself. The guy will score a barrowload of goals for us and was great to see how buzzing he was at the end of the game. 
With Murray’s introduction, I thought McHugh started to play exactly like the player all of us were expecting off him. Looked so much more comfortable on the ball and linked well with both Murray and McLean. Not to mention his finish was fantastic. 
Happy days 

Felt we deserved the win and had to work really hard to get it. Didn't look like it was going to come and the players kept battling to the end. Quitongo was excellent early on, but faded a wee bit and I thought McHugh was brilliant, coming back to link up with some great touches and intelligent play. Took his goal well as well. Can't really ask any more from Murray in his fifteen minute cameo. Assist and goal. If they can both get a run together, they should be a tremendous strike partnership. Absolutely delighted with that. Keeps momentum going and hopefully we can pick up where we left off at Central Park next week.

Hats off to Davie Irons for making life very difficult for our dangerous wing players. Doubling up defenders and packing the central 18 yard space. Not pretty to watch but with 15 to go it looked like a good shift. Unfortunately for Stenny fans there was no plan B for dealing with runs through the middle, especially when the central defenders got tired. And with no ambition to go win the game 3-1 was a fair result in the end.

A lot being said about Quitongo. He is indeed something different but there where several times today when a simple short pass to an open teammate would have serviced the team better. Trying to run through three players seldom works and if it means loss of possession it’s not sexy at all. Galt was far superior in his deliveries. 3 good goals from different players, ideal! And we’re dangerous for 90 minutes. Something the part-time opponents are going to struggle with. Looking good Ray!

Simon Murray. Everything we hoped for.