Hibs v Dundee - Deja Vu edition

RossBFaeDundee

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If Dundee aren't absolutely horrendous right now, then I don't know what sights you've seen tbh.

I dont think you were horrendous today. Some decent dig in midfield, certainly first half.

Adam tired and dropped a lot deeper 2nd half - that and the (presumed rocket ) Jack half time chat, helped us.

A bawhair offside and our awful finishing today it could have been a lot tighter.

Edited by Green Day

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You guys can let today's result ruin your weekend, I won't. 'Absolutely horrendous', get a grip.

You're the one that's jumped in with 2 feet and it's a bit embarrassing on your part tbh.

The post that you seem to have lost the plot about was:

'Shows how bad it is when we are all feeling a sense of relief at losing 1-0 and barely having a shot on target. Absolutely horrendous.'

You've then got yourself into a tizz saying that I was describing the performance, then when told it was the fact we've had zero shots on target (Which, you know, is kinda hinted at in the previous sentence FFS) and the general situation around the club (Which, again, is made clear in the first sentence), you've started bleating about the post being too nuanced for you in between your tears afterwards.

It's not ruining my weekend for calling it exactly as it is tbh.

Did I expect to beat Hibs today? No - but that doesn't make me ecstatic (Nor does it mean my weekend is ruined for that matter) and I can still comment on terrible aspects of our play and club.

Edited by Ludo*1

That was an utterly horrendous game of football.

I hate to say I think our current league position won’t last long. 

We are so utterly boring to watch, I find myself spending most of our games checking scores in other games rather than watching the football, which back in the day when we used to be able to go to games used to drive me nuts seeing folk do that.

It’s just so unbelievably slow, I don’t think I’ve actually enjoyed a game we played since we beat St Mirren and they had our man Bobby in goals.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're the one that's jumped in with 2 feet and it's a bit embarrassing on your part tbh.

The post that you seem to have lost the plot about was:

'Shows how bad it is when we are all feeling a sense of relief at losing 1-0 and barely having a shot on target. Absolutely horrendous.'

You've then got yourself into a tizz saying that I was describing the performance, then when told it was the fact we've had zero shots on target (Which, you know, is kinda hinted at in the previous sentence FFS) and the general situation around the club (Which, again, is made clear in the first sentence), you've started bleating about the post being too nuanced for you in between your tears afterwards.

It's not ruining my weekend for calling it exactly as it is tbh.

Did I expect to beat Hibs today? No - but that doesn't make me ecstatic (Nor does it mean my weekend is ruined for that matter) and I can still comment on terrible aspects of our play and club.

Can’t beat a complete heads gone. A very entertaining meltdown. 

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

That was an utterly horrendous game of football.

I hate to say I think our current league position won’t last long. 

We are so utterly boring to watch, I find myself spending most of our games checking scores in other games rather than watching the football, which back in the day when we used to be able to go to games used to drive me nuts seeing folk do that.

It’s just so unbelievably slow, I don’t think I’ve actually enjoyed a game we played since we beat St Mirren and they had our man Bobby in goals.

Would you swap the entertainment you got under Lennon for the pragmatic-ness of Ross though?

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You guys can let today's result ruin your weekend, I won't. 'Absolutely horrendous', get a grip.

It was better today but it’s still fucking pish. Barley created anything. There’s zero point in us looking at promotion this year as based on the two games against Hibs we’re clearly miles off being able to compete at that level.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

17 new notifications in about a minute, bloody hell. Welcome back Tarmo you pathetic, virgin, joke of a poster.

I'm glad we can reunite as friends over a common goal. :P

It wasn't great that's for sure.  I think it's all about building confidence at the moment and there was a marked improvement today.  Not one of Kerr, McGhee or Ashcroft could have been surprised if they were left out after last week. I think Gowser's rant has been taken on board - Byrne in particular looked keener to get involved - and Sow looked to get stuck in when he came on.  If Fontaine can come close to marshalling the defence like Berra did last season we may be ok.  Next week's a biggie.