Livingston's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Livingston's Next Permanent Manager?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Ooft, that's a cat amongst the pigeons. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think I'd take Hoppy back at the moment. While Hoppy was responsible for some of the greatest Livi supporting moments, it looks more and more like Martindale was the brains of the operation.

Yeah hasn't really worked out for Hoppy since he left Livi, but we've gone on to have a very good run in the top flight, think we've even moved on from his era, and got better again. I'd rather move forward and apoint Martindale as manager in his own right than go back to the Hoppy/Martindale team again.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Some would say that's what it was before.😄

Nah, I’d say it’s fairly offensive to suggest that of Hopkin and Holt to be fair. Martindale obviously has an input but you can see that Holt and Hoppy had their influences and decisions.

Hopkin maintained his style of play at Morton, and Holt clearly developed and refined his 4231 formation with us

I wouldn’t label either of those styles as Martindale’s speciality 

Thing that annoyed me with Hoppy, was he took far too long to make a change when the game was getting away from us, the Pars away game when he left Gallagher on the bench after coming back from suspension, and played Toddy in defence, we were getting ripped apart by Aird and he left it till HT to make a change, bringing Dec and McMillan on, by then we were 3-0 down. It immediately stopped Aird's threat down that wing and we didn't concede another goal.

Holt was getting to the same point this season too, fecking around in defence with 3 at the back and chopping and changing attack too and lately not making any substitutions till well after the 70th minute, sometimes into the 85th, yet he wasn't like that the prev 2 seasons. 

Anyway, point i'm attempting to make, is i think Martindale has outgrown them and would be better going it alone.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Hopkin back? Naw, naw and 3 times naw ! He walked away to " better" himself when we were on the cusp of something special. And we ended up with Kenny Miller ! agree with Liviforever, Martindale knows the score and is worthy of being give the job.

We already did something special? He moved when his stock was highest and I don’t think anyone blames him for that. That’s what managers come to Livi for, same as players. Showcase your talent and get a move upwards.

I’d take him back in as a coach or assistant to Martindale

2 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

How did that work out for him?

Not sure it’s that important to Livi though is it?

He had a pretty sensational couple of years with us and tried to have a crack down south, as anyone would? He more than likely was earning x4 his Livi wage at the time as well. 

Wasn’t exactly Hopkin that hired Miller was it? 

My point is he had a crack at Bradford - no joy, Went to Morton- not much joy there either. So his high stock was at Livi with Martindale and a terrific group of players. Can he cut it on his own given  that the common denominator in those locations was that Martindale was not with him? Not saying that Martindale is a stick on for the job or that he will be the answer to our problems. He deserves a chance and I believe the old adage of never go back applies to Hopkn. 

7 minutes ago, gmfc said:

God help you Hopkin will get you relegated the most non attacking football manager on the planet.

Possible, but he got us promoted twice in two seasons as well. Different clubs, different fits etc.

We were almost at a 54% win rate under him 

Think sentiment has to go out the window here.In any case i couldnt see Hoppy coming back as an assistant. As a few have already said,he's a legend here unquestionably. For me the memories he left us with will stay with the fans forever and no one can deny him them.But its Livi,so you never know.🤔. 🦁.

There seems to be a reluctance on the clubs part up till now.Possibly understandable. His past discrepinces seem to be holding him back.But hes got the backing of the squad and up till now its a no brainer.In these uncertain times it would make sense financialy to the club to give him the hotseat. Football is a result based buisness as we know full well,and hes done himself no harm at all,regardless of his past.🦁

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

There seems to be a reluctance on the clubs part up till now.

If this is about Martindale then no reluctance from the club to give him the job at all. I think he was offered it when Hoppy left but declined as it was not the right time for him, ( I think this has been said by both Martindale and John Ward). Now is the time, so he has thrown his hat in and said he wants it. He had said his past would likely get talked about if he was manager, but that doesn't matter now as it was already getting talked about. 

If he really wants the job I honestly think it's his. my hope and fear is he does that great a job and he gets offered something bigger he can't turn down and leaves. over his years at the club he has been brilliant. 

Edited by Lothiangamer