Falkirk v Rangers 29/11

roman_bairn

Think there’s just a general feeling of apathy amongst the Falkirk support re this one. Our interest is in winning the league so there’s also a feeling amongst a number of us that we should rest a number of our regulars for this one.

We are also losing out financially as we cannot even broadcast the game as it’s on Premier Sports.

A game to just get out of the way and onto games that really matter.

Post your thoughts here....if you can be bothered.....

We're going to get absolutely creamed. I just don't want it to knock confidence and affect the league campaign. Hopefully M & M just get it through to the players that it's a nothing match and not to get hung up on the result.

Tough to predict what kind of team we put out there.

If Nathan Patterson wasn't self-isolating he would definitely have played. McLaughlin, Bassey, Balogun, Barker and Itten feel like stick ons. Defoe probably is as well.

My long shot prediction is that Leon King makes his Rangers debut here.

We're going to get absolutely creamed. I just don't want it to knock confidence and affect the league campaign. Hopefully M & M just get it through to the players that it's a nothing match and not to get hung up on the result.

Personally I think we have a team that’s about mid Championship level.
I certainly expect to lose this by more than one goal but if we put out a strong side I’d like to think we can come out of the game with a more creditable result than most of our support....

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Personally I think we have a team that’s about mid Championship level.
I certainly expect to lose this by more than one goal but if we put out a strong side I’d like to think we can come out of the game with a more creditable result than most of our support....

Strong flavour of the Aberdeen 0-5 televised LC humbling around this.

If we're not to pull off a famous win (haha) hopefully Rangers just get a couple before half time and everyone just pisses about for an hour. Last thing we need is a full set of reserves champing at the bit like Celtic did v Hughes' 1st Division team.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Tough to predict what kind of team we put out there.

If Nathan Patterson wasn't self-isolating he would definitely have played. McLaughlin, Bassey, Balogun, Barker and Itten feel like stick ons. Defoe probably is as well.

My long shot prediction is that Leon King makes his Rangers debut here.

Surely if Greg Stewart is ever going to play for Rangers ever again it'll be this game?

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Surely if Greg Stewart is ever going to play for Rangers ever again it'll be this game?

I'm not sure he will though. Barker, Itten, Defoe + 1 other will make up that front four. Could be Aribo since he likely doesn't play tonight.

Stewart's finished with us. I'd expect a loan to a Premiership team in January.

From the press conference today, it seems like Jack won't be fit, Zungu and Aribo will play and Jones and Edmundson won't be selected.

Going to have a stab at this lineup again: McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Bassey, Zungu, Aribo, Itten, Barker, Hagi, Defoe

I've got a soft spot for Falkirk and the people.

I don't think there will be as many changes to the Rangers starting 11 as I'm seeing suggested in a few reports and posts elsewhere. As well as Gerrard has done at the club he hasn't won anything yet so I can't see him taking an attitude with opposition today. 

Plastic pitches usually give me the boke but this is one of the better ones so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm hoping Bassey gets a solid 90 minutes as I think he'll be a handful for the Bairns. This can either be a 0-4 Thumping or an industrious 0-2.

I fancy Itten for first goal scorer if he gets a start.