St Mirren vs Aberdeen 28/11

Coventry Saint

The 'meh' is strong with this one. Both teams will see this as a decent chance to progress; Aberdeen slight favourites, even with their injury worries.

I've said several times on here but our Cup 1/4 final at home to the Dons last season was, for me, the most disappointing game of the season. We were utterly hopeless and Aberdeen must have been surprised at how little challenge they received on the night. This game giving me massive flashbacks to that one, given the late-Saturday kick-off time and TV coverage. The main difference being that last season we'd turned in something resembling a decent performance in the first half at Fir Park. This season we have yet to turn in a decent performance anywhere.

We are gradually getting players back now and we have a good squad, yet it remains to be seen if Goodwin can get a tune out of them. Obika must start, as must Connolly. Four at the back, too, please.

I'm going 'full carbon copy' for my prediction: Aberdeen to win 2-0 with a goal in each half.

Edited by Coventry Saint

After watching us in the last 2 games and the lack of options in the midfield then St Mirren are favourites.  Could be a long night with this game going into extra time and pens - hopefully we can come through but losing the 3 key midfielders due to Scottish FA incompetence is a sore one to take.

Edited by betting competition

Goodwin has assembled a decent squad problem is have yet to see a full 90min where we are full steam ahead. Shaughnessy and Erhahon both suspended which is a shame as both have been highlights this season. Still the squad is decent so cover should not be a problem. Aberdeen have a good squad and will be favourites rightly.  It's the cup though so anything can happen as proved when we knocked out Aberdeen, Celtic to go on and beat Hearts in the final. Will get in a few BrewDog for this game after all its Aberdeen.  

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Goodwin has assembled a decent squad problem is have yet to see a full 90min where we are full steam ahead. Shaughnessy and Erhahon both suspended which is a shame as both have been highlights this season. Still the squad is decent so cover should not be a problem. Aberdeen have a good squad and will be favourites rightly.  It's the cup though so anything can happen as proved when we knocked out Aberdeen, Celtic to go on and beat Hearts in the final. Will get in a few BrewDog for this game after all its Aberdeen.  

To add to that, Brandon Mason might be a doubt also but hopefully not.

Having watched the 2nd half of the Dons game last night,  I'm hopeful we'll have a good chance of an upset.

Always look forward to a cup, albeit the wee cup. 

Saints 5-4 on penalties. 

I fear a Derek McIness master class incoming.

Will suit Aberdeen perfectly to sit in, watch us lump aimless balls up to Obika or into the box and just head them clear.

The Don's are obviously severely weakened in midfield but still look pretty solid every where else. If we can dominate and win the midfield battle (like we did at Pittodrie) we may have a chance but need to find that bit of quality to unlock their defence.

I hope Ferguson is still unavailable, wee pain in the arse has been the difference between the teams a few times.

53 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will suit Aberdeen perfectly to sit in, watch us lump aimless balls up to Obika or into the box and just head them clear.

The Don's are obviously severely weakened in midfield but still look pretty solid every where else. If we can dominate and win the midfield battle (like we did at Pittodrie) we may have a chance but need to find that bit of quality to unlock their defence.

I hope Ferguson is still unavailable, wee pain in the arse has been the difference between the teams a few times.

Ferguson is isolating from under 21s with Scotland.

when is the kick off for this game?

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Might be the game to bring back Flynn into the starting lineup. 

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I guess you didn't see us v Hamilton. Aimless balls into the box might not be a bad plan. 

14 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We played some good stuff up until the Hamilton goal. Then it was long ball after long ball.

Guess who forgot to cancel premier after the semi final 😁

Guest Bob Mahelp

We can barely put out a team worthy of the name tomorrow. If we do win, it'll be some sort of shite awful 1-0 or on penalties. 

This is the perfect opportunity to give young lads the chance to step up and see what they can do.  Sadly, McInnes will stick with the same dross that went into panic mode against Hamilton. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We can barely put out a team worthy of the name tomorrow. If we do win, it'll be some sort of shite awful 1-0 or on penalties. 

This is the perfect opportunity to give young lads the chance to step up and see what they can do.  Sadly, McInnes will stick with the same dross that went into panic mode against Hamilton. 

May the worst/best team win Rab. 

50/50 I reckon. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Oh cry me a river. What a load of tosh. Your squad should have more than enough talent to beat a St Mirren side. You pay them enough!

Fantastic news Ethan Erhahon has signed a new contract till 2023 at 19 he has a big future in the game another product of our academy.  Dont think I have ever read Don's fans so down. Personally think your manager will have the team well fired up. His wife's family are all Saints fans he likes the bragging rights.