Elgin City v Cowdenbeath

Guest The Phoenix
1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

I heard he took a call from Gavin Price who wanted to tell him it wasn’t a foul.

Are you proud of that? 

Unnecessary and indeed wholly inappropriate.  

Knowing Gavin, I’m sure he will have been one of the first to enquire after Ross’s health and wishing him well.

Gavin Price MBE. For services to the vulnerable during the pandemic. Do not make stuff up about a thoroughly decent man.

Are you proud of that? 
Unnecessary and indeed wholly inappropriate.  
Knowing Gavin, I’m sure he will have been one of the first to enquire after Ross’s health and wishing him well.

47 minutes ago, philosopher said:

Gavin Price MBE. For services to the vulnerable during the pandemic. Do not make stuff up about a thoroughly decent man.

This is the guy who according to those present kicked off the rammy by shouting that it wasn’t a foul whole the poor guy was lying on the turf with his ankle shattered.

Nice touch on Twitter From Edinburgh City and Civil Service Strollers with best wishes for Ross Clarke.

As for our opponents or their manager ........

No, we all wish your player the best. Horrible for any young player to be injured like that. Bronsky himself missed a season basically, with a leg break. Awful situation.

But the idea Gavin would have made a phone call as described above. Utter nonsense.

3 minutes ago, philosopher said:

No, we all wish your player the best. Horrible for any young player to be injured like that. Bronsky himself missed a season basically, with a leg break. Awful situation.

But the idea Gavin would have made a phone call as described above. Utter nonsense.

It’s satire !

based on his inappropriate actions on the touch line when a young man was lying in agony with his career in doubt. Then sent his lackey to talk to the Press rather than come out and wish the lad well. He didn’t handle it well but says more about him than anything else so fair game for some stick in my view MBE or not.

Many Elgin fans have wished Ross all the best on social media and it’s appreciated, shame your Club can’t do the same. 

My thoughts on this are as follows.

Did the player have the right to go for the ball absolutely.

Was it a 50/50 as some folk have suggest absolutely.

Was the tackle dangerous and with excessive force absolutely (should have resulted in a red card)

Was it unfortunate - 100% but if the player hadnt went in with such excessive speed the likelihood of the break and injury wouldnt have happened.

As for the benches reactions both are expected. One team (cowden) of course were incensed and shocked by the sight and tackle thus emotions are high.

Gavin price walking out of his area approaching others is not acceptable and im not sure of the rules but I dont think this is allowed. 

Ross Clarke is a very nice lad and has settled well at cowden and was looking like one of our better signings. He is now out for the season and its another disaster for cowden.

The Elgin player will be distraught in so much that he of course didnt mean to break someones leg. But spare me if you dont think he deserved a red card for the offence.

As for the referee wow just wow. It wasnt the referees fault that the lad broke his leg. However his job is to apply the laws of the game and on this occasion he did not. Thus further it made the cowden management team and players lose it further by not even giving a foul. I guarantee that if you gave the clip to 10 referees 10 would say it was a red card.(as long as those referees were not gavin ross and elgin fans themselves)

Best wishes to Ross on his recovery.

53 minutes ago, NELLY said:

My thoughts on this are as follows.

Did the player have the right to go for the ball absolutely.

Was it a 50/50 as some folk have suggest absolutely.

Was the tackle dangerous and with excessive force absolutely (should have resulted in a red card)

Was it unfortunate - 100% but if the player hadnt went in with such excessive speed the likelihood of the break and injury wouldnt have happened.

As for the benches reactions both are expected. One team (cowden) of course were incensed and shocked by the sight and tackle thus emotions are high.

Gavin price walking out of his area approaching others is not acceptable and im not sure of the rules but I dont think this is allowed. 

Ross Clarke is a very nice lad and has settled well at cowden and was looking like one of our better signings. He is now out for the season and its another disaster for cowden.

The Elgin player will be distraught in so much that he of course didnt mean to break someones leg. But spare me if you dont think he deserved a red card for the offence.

As for the referee wow just wow. It wasnt the referees fault that the lad broke his leg. However his job is to apply the laws of the game and on this occasion he did not. Thus further it made the cowden management team and players lose it further by not even giving a foul. I guarantee that if you gave the clip to 10 referees 10 would say it was a red card.(as long as those referees were not gavin ross and elgin fans themselves)

Best wishes to Ross on his recovery.

100%

12 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s satire !

based on his inappropriate actions on the touch line when a young man was lying in agony with his career in doubt. Then sent his lackey to talk to the Press rather than come out and wish the lad well. He didn’t handle it well but says more about him than anything else so fair game for some stick in my view MBE or not.

Many Elgin fans have wished Ross all the best on social media and it’s appreciated, shame your Club can’t do the same. 

The rammy was kicked off by the understandable but ultimately over reaction by the Cowdenbeath manager and bench. The Elgin manager was protecting his player as in the split second it happened it did not look a foul.

Your manager was nowhere near the press either.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

The rammy was kicked off by the understandable but ultimately over reaction by the Cowdenbeath manager and bench. The Elgin manager was protecting his player as in the split second it happened it did not look a foul.

Your manager was nowhere near the press either.

Our manager wasn't near the press because he was at the ambulance with Ross Clarke and then was trying to sort out what was happening with his car etc.

The rammy was kicked off due to Gavin Price marching to the middle of the stand and shouting "it wasn't even a foul" to the clearly irate Cowdenbeath bench.  A stupid thing to do.  Craig Easton shouldn't have reacted the way he did granted but all of the anger was being directed to the referee until Price got involved.

Again how anybody can look at that and say it's not a foul is beyond me.  It's wild, dangerous and clearly endangered the opposing player.  I don't think anybody would say the Elgin player meant to hurt Clarke but it was a bad tackle.

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Our manager wasn't near the press because he was at the ambulance with Ross Clarke and then was trying to sort out what was happening with his car etc.

The rammy was kicked off due to Gavin Price marching to the middle of the stand and shouting "it wasn't even a foul" to the clearly irate Cowdenbeath bench.  A stupid thing to do.  Craig Easton shouldn't have reacted the way he did granted but all of the anger was being directed to the referee until Price got involved.

Again how anybody can look at that and say it's not a foul is beyond me.  It's wild, dangerous and clearly endangered the opposing player.  I don't think anybody would say the Elgin player meant to hurt Clarke but it was a bad tackle.

A couple of Elgin fans seem to be making it up as they go along.

The conduct of one of the Cowdenbeath entourage sitting in the stand was a big factor in inflaming the situation. I can tell you from first hand he directed a constant stream or vitriol and abuse littered with profanity at the Home bench. He was also told on several occasions to put his face mask back on by stewards but refused to do so. His verbals clearly enflamed things. If you have access to the stream. Go and have a listen, and tell me you’re not just a wee bit embarrassed.

At the time it happened I thought it was a reasonable and robust tackle which neither the ref nor the linesman called as even a foul. Having watched it back a number of times it’s clear that it could have easily been called as a red card.
However, somehow calling it all as Gavin Price fault is just ridiculous.

Hopefully the lad will
Make a full recovery. I’m sure everyone at Elgin is thinking the same.

1 hour ago, roberts said:

The conduct of one of the Cowdenbeath entourage sitting in the stand was a big factor in inflaming the situation. I can tell you from first hand he directed a constant stream or vitriol and abuse littered with profanity at the Home bench. He was also told on several occasions to put his face mask back on by stewards but refused to do so. His verbals clearly enflamed things. If you have access to the stream. Go and have a listen, and tell me you’re not just a wee bit embarrassed.

At the time it happened I thought it was a reasonable and robust tackle which neither the ref nor the linesman called as even a foul. Having watched it back a number of times it’s clear that it could have easily been called as a red card.
However, somehow calling it all as Gavin Price fault is just ridiculous.

I was in the stand and didn't see anybody giving any abuse to the Elgin bench until after Price had walked up.  Why would any of the Cowden people direct any anger at the Elgin bench?  It was all aimed at the referee.  I was literally sitting front row of the stand so probably had the best view in the whole stadium!

Bollan has his face mask down and he was also told by a couple of the Cowden folk to put his mask on but he wasn't shouting any abuse at the Elgin bench.  The reason there was any sort of altercation between benches is purely down to Gavin Price. 100%.  If he hadn't walked over to the halfway line and shouted at the Cowden bench then the situation might have died down.  I get he was trying to protect his player but there's a time and a place and he clearly misread the situation with Bollan shouting at 'Gavin'.

My last word on this, because opinions are clearly entrenched. To describe the tackle as wild is outrageous. It was a strong tackle the like you see on any given Saturday. The injury sustained has inflamed opinions. It was unfortunate that the lads foot was planted when he took the force of the tackle but a split second either way and his foot would have been off the ground and probably less, if any injury would have occurred. You could describe the Cowdenbeath player going through the back of Sopel as wild, dangerous, whatever but no injury occurred and nothing is said. Timing, fate, ifs and buts, call it what you want.

I take it Minertaur that you are a club official given your place in the stand. I glad I’m not in your team given the slagging your giving some of your players on the Cowdenbeath thread😉

48 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

My last word on this, because opinions are clearly entrenched. To describe the tackle as wild is outrageous. It was a strong tackle the like you see on any given Saturday. The injury sustained has inflamed opinions. It was unfortunate that the lads foot was planted when he took the force of the tackle but a split second either way and his foot would have been off the ground and probably less, if any injury would have occurred. You could describe the Cowdenbeath player going through the back of Sopel as wild, dangerous, whatever but no injury occurred and nothing is said. Timing, fate, ifs and buts, call it what you want.

I take it Minertaur that you are a club official given your place in the stand. I glad I’m not in your team given the slagging your giving some of your players on the Cowdenbeath thread😉

It’s been done to death now. However, if you can get a look at the tackle again have a look at the Elgin player just before the tackle. There’s no way Ross was going to get past him with or without the ball. Maybe just a rush of blood to the head and I’m sure no malice was intended but it was bad, very bad. Such a shame because it wasn’t a dirty game.

19 hours ago, philosopher said:

To be fair, in light of an awful situation for the lad,  it made me chuckle.

6 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Given the amount of input regarding 'that tackle' it's unusual that it is not featured in the Elgin City TV highlights of the match ?

Not really. Happened at few clubs already this season (like Annan in this league). Why would a player or their family want constant re-runs of their injury available online?