Elgin City v Cowdenbeath

5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

There was far too much force in the tackle is the issue. Doesn't matter if he got the ball or not. 

Come on now, behave yersel.  It's one footed, studs are down, he even slows down and checks his run before he goes in, there's 20 of these challenges a game at this level. 

1 minute ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Fair enough! Did Price know he wasn't talking to him? I'm pretty sure most of the crowd ( myself included) assumed he was shouting at the Elgin bench hence the verbals coming back. 

Considering that Gary was facing the pitch shouting it I'd be surprised if people thought it was at the Elgin bench. Why would he be annoyed at the Elgin manager? 

4 minutes ago, MorayCup said:

Come on now, behave yersel.  It's one footed, studs are down, he even slows down and checks his run before he goes in, there's 20 of these challenges a game at this level. 

Where does he slow down and check his run? 

4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Considering that Gary was facing the pitch shouting it I'd be surprised if people thought it was at the Elgin bench. Why would he be annoyed at the Elgin manager? 

He seemed very annoyed at everyone given the language and as Price was trying to get the Elgin players together out of the way I doubt he was checking which way  Bollan was facing as he told everyone to f**k Off!

9 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

He seemed very annoyed at everyone given the language and as Price was trying to get the Elgin players together out of the way I doubt he was checking which way  Bollan was facing as he told everyone to f**k Off!

Gary could have reacted better agreed. Don't think either set of benches came out of it looking good. 

49 minutes ago, MorayCup said:

I think this Screenshot along with the Trajectory of the ball after the challenge confirm he got the ball and then the man, just one of those things we often see in football. Really unfortunate for the guy, I hope he makes a speedy recovery

screenshot - 2020-11-28T173310.666.jpeg

If you watch the video you can clearly see Clarke hits the ball off the defender before the defender goes right through him. At no point did the defender get the ball first, then the man second. Not saying it was intentional, but awful timing and definitely dangerous. That's why the ball travels forward and doesn't follow the direction of the defenders tackle.

5 minutes ago, PELE said:

If you watch the video you can clearly see Clarke hits the ball off the defender before the defender goes right through him. At no point did the defender get the ball first, then the man second. Not saying it was intentional, but awful timing and definitely dangerous. That's why the ball travels forward and doesn't follow the direction of the defenders tackle.

The ball travels that way because Bronsky hits it off Clarke when his foot goes through the ball and then the player's ankle, it wouldn't loop up in the air that way otherwise

It’s a very strong challenge tbf. I think it’s deemed a good strong tackle if no-one gets injured but unfortunately they did and given the recent unnecessary force rule he’s probably lucky not to see red. Still think every manger in the league would expect their player to go for that ball! The histrionics from all corners of the ground afterwards didn’t paint anyone in a good light and all whilst the player was still getting treatment.

1 minute ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

It’s a very strong challenge tbf. I think it’s deemed a good strong tackle if no-one gets injured but unfortunately they did and given the recent unnecessary force rule he’s probably lucky not to see red. Still think every manger in the league would expect their player to go for that ball! The histrionics from all corners of the ground afterwards didn’t paint anyone in a good light and all whilst the player was still getting treatment.

Think the Cowden management team have had many issues with Gavin Ross in the past which wouldn't have helped! 

Lots of people clearly have no idea of the laws here.  The still image someone posted show he's got both feet off the ground so is therefore jumping into the tackle.  He's also moving at pace.  At that point you're deemed out of control.

Law 12 states 

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play".

When you break someones leg you've clearly endangered their safety.  Jumping into a tackle at pace is also excessive force.  Getting the ball first matters not a single jot.  I don't think he intended anything but it's a clear red card all day long.  The referee has had a shocker.

Hope the lad that got injured makes a speedy and full recovery.