Elgin City v Cowdenbeath

Looks like being the first League 2 game with fans since we beat Cowden 3-2 on a Tuesday night in March. 220 apparently allowed in but I won't be one of them as I don't live in Moray. Pixellot will have to do. Hopefully Iain Auld is involved in commentary again as he is very good.

6 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Hope it goes well and all clubs are allowed fans back in soon.

Question. Do Elgin have more than 220 season ticket holders? Will it mean ballot for each game?

Our average crowds in recent years have been pretty good (about 3 times that last year) but I'm unsure what percentage of that would be season ticket holders. I'm not sure if 220 is based on the number of fans able and interested in going or that's considered a safe number. The SFA/SPFL are still to approve everything so it's not guaranteed but it would be great to have even a small number back.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Morrison & Renton, what’s wrong with these guys? 

Morrison had groin op just before last season ended, but it became apparent he needed a further op at start of this season.  Now in light training with return soon.  Renton developed an injury problem during the first few games and now awaiting final conclusions re prognosis/further treatment

Think it’s virtual season ticket holders only. I have one but live in a tier 2 area. Not sure how that works for numbers ie me not attending, who gets my place?
As for game, as I normally say, there will not be much in it, hopefully we turn up and if so I’ll take us for a narrow win.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Morrison had groin op just before last season ended, but it became apparent he needed a further op at start of this season.  Now in light training with return soon.  Renton developed an injury problem during the first few games and now awaiting final conclusions re prognosis/further treatment

Wish them both well, hopefully they’ll both be back soon.

3 hours ago, afca32 said:

Our average crowds in recent years have been pretty good (about 3 times that last year) but I'm unsure what percentage of that would be season ticket holders. I'm not sure if 220 is based on the number of fans able and interested in going or that's considered a safe number. The SFA/SPFL are still to approve everything so it's not guaranteed but it would be great to have even a small number back.

Wish I could go.

9 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Are we meant to be grateful that Sturgeon and Leitch are allowing fans in at Elgin.

They won’t be happy till they force a Football Club out of business.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that there can’t be 300 fans in these grounds regardless of tiers. 

The 220 is based on the number of virtual season ticket holders. These people have all paid and it includes entry to the ground. I suspect that once stewarding is taken into account, the club will make a loss. Think it was a close call whether or not to go ahead with it. I hope to be there and can’t wait to support the players

On 26/11/2020 at 10:46, afca32 said:

Looks like being the first League 2 game with fans since we beat Cowden 3-2 on a Tuesday night in March. 220 apparently allowed in but I won't be one of them as I don't live in Moray. Pixellot will have to do. Hopefully Iain Auld is involved in commentary again as he is very good.

Is it not Chris Saunderson and Jonny Clark that do the commentary? 

10 hours ago, MorayCup said:

Is it not Chris Saunderson and Jonny Clark that do the commentary? 

They did the Queen's Park game but Iain Auld was co-commentator v Ross County, then took over as commentator in the second half and did a very good job. Jonny Clark also had impressive knowledge of the opposition so I'd like to see him back.