Diego Mara-goner

26 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Imagine what that shirt would be worth.  I remember quite a long time ago maybe twenty years Pele sold his shirt from 70 WC final for 50 grand.  Sad.

No idea what the value of it would be but there’s a wee back story to the blue shirt Argentina wore that day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/713688/the-story-behind-the-jersey-diego-maradona-wore-30-years-ago-for-his-hand-of-god-goal/amp/

Double post but I don't care, so much outstanding Maradona content out there.

Find someone in your life that looks are you the way Maradona looks as Salt Bae. Also for a man used to handling white powder he is incredibly shit with the salt.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55074235

Maybe this article is justified, I didn't live through it. But it has a sort of petulant/weird 'he's only famous because of England' vibe to it.

I didn't take that out of it.

I think that what made Maradona so great was the fact that he was a flawed hero.
Your Messi's and Ronaldo's nowadays, they all project this extremely clean image that's tightly controlled by brand managers etc. It's hard to like them because they don't feel like real people - you know that everything you know about them is fake.
Maradona didn't give a f*ck about any of that. He was who he was, warts and all. And that's why he was the People's Champion, and why he was the greatest footballer of all time - not just because of his incredible talent, because others have also had that. But because of what he represented and how people could relate to that.
I get your point but Messi certainly isn't clean-cut, the tax dodging w****r.
More England baiting.

I say this all the time. No surprise the English conveniently forget about that.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye but you're hoping someone assassinates Nicola Sturgeon so we know where your loyalties lie.  

Please take all your political pish to the relevant forum when we are trying to pay homage to the main man here. 

Have some fucking respect. 

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The third-best player of all time behind Messi and Ronaldo.

Pele can get in the bin, he counted goals he scored playing five-a-sides with his mates FFS

V debatable.

Ronaldo and Messi have grown up in an era where the rules have offered them far more protection than Maradona was afforded as well as the fact that Maradona shone on the world stage whereas neither of those two have. Messi has had a cushy club career surrounded by the best players his league could afford whilst Maradona single handedly won the league for Napoli and the WC for Argentina. 

Plus Messi took growth hormones whereas Diego lived a drug free existence. 

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I get your point but Messi certainly isn't clean-cut, the tax dodging w****r. I say this all the time. No surprise the English conveniently forget about that.

He basically is though. You'll never see him battle things Maradona did.

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

As well as being unbelievably skilful he was brave, he had to be as their wasn't a lot of protection given to him.  Liked a set-to now and again.  

He'll be meeting that lad he kneed in the heid up in heaven probably. 

28 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Please take all your political pish to the relevant forum when we are trying to pay homage to the main man here. 

Have some fucking respect. 

There is an entire sub forum to argue about which wealthy clownshoe is best without interfering on a superhero thread.

This is a man that won Serie A and a World Cup with less fancied teams all because of him dragging them to it while completely off his tits on various non performance enhancing drugs and shagging anything that moved.

He did this while constantly winding up the English.

He basically lived every young Scotsman's dream.

Its fair to say I loved the guy. Here he is celebrating scoring at the World Cup while pondering if Rip Fuel is possibly a bit illegal.

Diego and Fernando.JPG