Diego Mara-goner

Maradona working Shilton into a shoot he's never recovered from is absolute peak level banter.

RIP, what a drug crazed lunatic/genius he truly was.

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's a legit sore one.

60 is no age but he fucking crammed about 6 lives into those 6 decades.

Absolute hero and legend.

I think I know what you're getting at he experienced a lot and certainly had highs, out with those his life would've been torture.

Just now, 101 said:

BBC saying he was controversial, was he. Flawed genius would have been my summary, I don't think addiction issues are controversial.

To be fair he was heavily involved with the Naples mafia who got their claws into him, fired shots at journalists who followed him at one point and got up to all sorts of other shenanigans.

He was massively flawed and his addictions were probably a major cause of that but it's hard to deny he courted plenty of controversy.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:
BBC saying he was controversial, was he. Flawed genius would have been my summary, I don't think addiction issues are controversial.

Maybe not but racking out a line on the bench whilst a game is going on and having your coaching team huddle round you as you ram it up your snouter is probably quite controversial.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair he was heavily involved with the Naples mafia who got their claws into him, fired shots at journalists who followed him at one point and got up to all sorts of other shenanigans.

He was massively flawed and his addictions were probably a major cause of that but it's hard to deny he courted plenty of controversy.

I think the Naples mafia pretty much owned him, that's the view I took when I watched the documentary of his life but maybe that was a bit rose tinted.

And to the surprise of absolutely nobody, the BBC made sure to place ’the’ goal front and centre in their tribute to the man

Almost 35 years ago and they still aren’t over it. I wonder if Germany’s national tv broadcaster is as obsessed about Geoff Hurst. 

I don't think I've ever came across a celebrity/personality/footballer that's gave less fucks about what people thought of them, has basically got involved in drugs and made a c**t of themselves time after time etc and still remained one of the coolest guys on the planet. Contrast that with Gazza and George Best.

Oh, and a phenomenal player who should have pulled on the Dundee shirt if the SFA and Scotland immigration weren't c***s who thought he'd get on it with Caniggia.

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

So disappointing he got so close to slipping a Dundee shirt on but didn't. Even if it was just for the one friendly, we never would've seen the end of the it, and for good reason.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee