Smokies v Bridies

Stellaboz

Well, not too confident about this one despite our league form. It took us until late against Clyde in our last group match to come away with a win so hoping that we take this one seriously. A huge chance for a quarter final appearance for both clubs. We've not been so far in a cup tournament for over a decade I think, and certainly not in this competition. 

Hopefully Comrie can come back in at least for an hour or something to get back into things. 

Our game here in August 2019 was one of the most powderpuff displays I've ever seen us give but we have a much better system now, and hopefully the personnel to change things if it's not going our way. 

Will be good to see James Craigan also, seems like a top lad and did fine for us. 

We are in need of a spark from somewhere, as usual we are relatively solid defensively and dont really look like losing goals, its scoring thats eluded us so far. 

Dunfermline in fine form and look to have improved their squad so may suit us slightly sitting in and counter attacking. Both games at Gayfield were very tight last year, expect the same, Ruth and Smith to start please.

Edited by Smokerson

We have came quite far since that absolute turd performance last August. The only worry I have when playing Arbroath is the weather blowing the ball everywhere causing defensive panic-attacks and Arbroath sitting in making it very difficult. 

I'd be expecting a win here tbh. We are playing very well, Arbroath aren't and Bridies over Smokies any day of the week. 

This is a great chance for both sides to reach the quater finals. 

Gayfield presents it’s own challenges and Arbroath are a capable side even if they haven’t hit form yet.

That said there’s more experience in our side than last year to meet those challenges and we’re performing well so should be favourites.

I’m looking forward to it, it isn’t the same but I still look forward to Saturday afternoons. Hope Arbroath transition into manual filming well and we get a decent stream to watch it on.

I can’t see much change from the 11 that started vs hearts apart from comrie possibly starting ahead of Mayo if fitness allows.

We have came quite far since that absolute turd performance last August. The only worry I have when playing Arbroath is the weather blowing the ball everywhere causing defensive panic-attacks and Arbroath sitting in making it very difficult. 
I'd be expecting a win here tbh. We are playing very well, Arbroath aren't and Bridies over Smokies any day of the week. 

No need to worry about the weather. Costa del Smokies. IMG_1606484346.918956.jpg

Dunfermline fans talking up the “wee team”. They must be very confident.

They sit top of the table and have just beaten the overwhelming title favourites in the league. Our only wins this season are against teams in the leagues below. I think they have every right in the world to be confident.

What a fine away day in the cup this would have been. Train up with a bottle of the finest first thing on a brisk Saturday morning. God I miss it. Get this COVID to f**k rapid! 

Such a lovely day too, Gayfield will be amazing as a sun trap today. Could have been basking in it as the sun set.