A-League and Australia Cup 2023/24

Eednud

11 hours ago, Eednud said:

Terry Antonis scoring Melbourne City’s 7th goal against West Sydney Wanderers tonight. Surely Rudan’s peg is very shoogly.

WSW are on a horrendous run, he must be very close to getting punted. Then he can go back to his tv gig rather than stoking class divides in Sydney and blaming all his woes on everyone else.

Straight over to celebrate in front of Rudan too with the "call me". Ha get it up him.

Edited by Swarley

43 minutes ago, Swarley said:

WSW are on a horrendous run, he must be very close to getting punted. Then he can go back to his tv gig rather than stoking class divides in Sydney and blaming all his woes on everyone else.

Straight over to celebrate in front of Rudan too with the "call me". Ha get it up him

He was as useless on TV as he is a manager. Saw on Whirpool that there might have been handbags between Rudan and goalie Lawrence Thomas after the game.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

He was as useless on TV as he is a manager. Saw on Whirpool that there might have been handbags between Rudan and goalie Lawrence Thomas after the game.

Is that why the Assistant Manager did the post match interview?

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Is that why the Assistant Manager did the post match interview?

Good chance. Haven’t seen any we have every confidence in the coach messages from WSW yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Another chapter in the continued Peak A League saga - Global Advance have gone tits up, so the APL have had to sign a last minute deal with NEP to ensure the remaining fixtures for the season are able to be broadcast. Sakes.

A-Leagues scrambling for last-minute deal as broadcaster goes broke

• 2 weeks later...

Last night APIA Leichhardt (2) met Hazelbrook (5)  in the Fourth Preliminary Round of the Australia Cup. Hazelbrook went ahead after 4 mins then APIA scored 7 before half time and another 12 in the second half to win 19-1.

4 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Last night APIA Leichhardt (2) met Hazelbrook (5)  in the Fourth Preliminary Round of the Australia Cup. Hazelbrook went ahead after 4 mins then APIA scored 7 before half time and another 12 in the second half to win 19-1.

Ouch. 

Sydney derby on Saturday. I've not been to one yet and I'd like to go but I'm just concerned with the amount of shit (usually police or steward related) that goes on at these games. 

24 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Ouch. 

Sydney derby on Saturday. I've not been to one yet and I'd like to go but I'm just concerned with the amount of shit (usually police or steward related) that goes on at these games. 

Probably be alright if you avoid the Cove and the opposite end. Don’t take any flares or wear any. Normally wouldn’t say this but hope SFC thrash them, although 1-0 will do. 

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

Didn't go in the end. Bit gutted as missed a bit of a classic. Would have been nice to have been there and laugh at Rudan.

Only saw the last 15 minutes and what a way to get it right up Rudan. Good that only the Mariners or Phoenix can finish premiers. Always good to see Victory lose and an almost last minute makes it better. 

Great result for the Mariners in the AFC Inter-zone Playoff Final First Leg last night. They drew 1-1 away to Abdysh-Ata Kant in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic last night. Read somewhere it took them 24 hours to get there. Return leg is in Gosford on 24th. The winner meets the West Asian zone winner in the Final. Mariners had an A-League game in Melbourne against Western United last Saturday and are at home to Adelaide United on Sunday.