Another player Scotland has mist who has been capped with another country thread

Well there you have it.. I'm afraid your sources are wrong Carnoustie. He's a wanna be plastic paddy....

Putting the reasons why to one side, those 2 were the biggest loss to our squad . With them included i think mcgeady would have made the difference in 2007 where we would have qualified for the euros and possibly even progressed at the tournament such was the momentum with the squad at that time. I also believed we would have made the 2010 world cup too. George burley and craig levein could have made spain or Germany pish if they had been in charge of them so no change in the 2012 and beyond fortunes but we would have had a much smaller gap between tournaments and wouldn’t have to wait till the tournaments were expanded from their old 16 & 32 formats the new pretty much anyone who is free that summer and wants to come along set up.
It just wasn’t to be. Only fuckin Scotland eh

Wasnt that botherd about McCarthy, thought McArthur was better in fact. Mcgeady though had something different and scored a screamer v Georgia for Ireland that not many other players would be able to score. 

19 minutes ago, Cal said:

Wasnt that botherd about McCarthy, thought McArthur was better in fact. Mcgeady though had something different and scored a screamer v Georgia for Ireland that not many other players would be able to score. 

McCarthy was class. it wasn't McArthur that got a 13 million move to Everton.  He'd still be a first choice for us if fit and would solve the McTominay problem.

6 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Aiden McGeady Celtic and Ireland - YouTube

Here, not only do they talk about it but theres also home video of young mcgeady wearing a republic of Ireland shirt whilst doing keepy uppys

So what I wore loads of tops, his dad was literally on off the ball all day a couple of years ago where he talked about trying to get him to play for Scotland, and when McGeady made the decision his dad said at the time he wanted him to play for Scotland.

I mean f**k he had an Irish grandad is it that big a shock he got sent an Ireland top, that doesn't mean he grew up wanting to play for them my nephew has a Scotland top but he's Irish if he has the chance he'll play for Ireland.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Putting the reasons why to one side, those 2 were the biggest loss to our squad . With them included i think mcgeady would have made the difference in 2007 where we would have qualified for the euros and possibly even progressed at the tournament such was the momentum with the squad at that time. I also believed we would have made the 2010 world cup too. George burley and craig levein could have made spain or Germany pish if they had been in charge of them so no change in the 2012 and beyond fortunes but we would have had a much smaller gap between tournaments and wouldn’t have to wait till the tournaments were expanded from their old 16 & 32 formats the new pretty much anyone who is free that summer and wants to come along set up.
It just wasn’t to be. Only fuckin Scotland eh

Totally agree, we were so close and McGeady would have made the difference.  It was him that made the difference to make ROI qualify, he was really tremendous for a while.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Here, not only do they talk about it but theres also home video of young mcgeady wearing a republic of Ireland shirt whilst doing keepy uppys

Well there you have it.. I'm afraid your sources are wrong Carnoustie. He's a wanna be plastic paddy....

See this is made up pish, that they concocted after the fact to convince people like you and me that he wasn't just a wee Judas c**t.

This is the third 'official' story.  See if you were familiar with it at the time I don't know how old you are, but it was very public and no attempt to deny any of it from any camp.  What happened was Scotland schoolboys selected him, he was going to play for them, but there was a daft rule that meant he'd have to wait about six months, the SFA wouldn't allow something blah blah.  So Paddy Bonner found out and asked him if he wanted to play for Ireland cause he was in limbo, and that's that.

So this fuckin nonsense about growing up dreaming of playing for Ireland its absolute shite, he literally had accepted a call-up for Scotland, but had to wait so Ireland nipped in.  

I can't remember the rule, but it meant he'd have to wait till he left school, which was like six months away.  He was 15 or 16, and would have to wait a few months.  Big deal.  Not like Arfield who waited till he was 27.

Then there was that article in the Celtic View where he said that was why he made the decision they have better players, wee outcry about that, it became his dying grandad made him promise (now what sort of fuckin grandad would do that anyway realistically) then it turned out his grandad was still alive.  He's a wee Judas c**t, a plastic paddy, and a bigot.

I can't remember the rule, but it meant he'd have to wait till he left school, which was like six months away.  He was 15 or 16, and would have to wait a few months.  Big deal.  Not like Arfield who waited till he was 27.
Then there was that article in the Celtic View where he said that was why he made the decision they have better players, wee outcry about that, it became his dying grandad made him promise (now what sort of fuckin grandad would do that anyway realistically) then it turned out his grandad was still alive.  He's a wee Judas c**t, a plastic paddy, and a bigot.

It’s quite possible that both stories are true at the same time. He might well be a plastic paddy who took an Ireland flag to parkhead yet played for Scotland if he had been called up and played in the squad, given how young he was when he made the first team at celtic , he should have been called up. The same goes for young dembele if he becomes a first team starter. If the player choses to decline then fair enough there’s no more Scotland can do but at least they asked.