Another player Scotland has mist who has been capped with another country thread

He was too, looks like he's gone.  That's fuckin shocking like, was even at an SFA performance school.  He's outstanding.  I cannae stick stuff like that, he's our player we produced him, and he's away to play for someone else.  Fuckin nonsense.  The SFA should be all over him but its too late now really, they're muppetts for letting that happen but doesn't reflect well on the kid at all either.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean he's already played for our u19s, how could you be losing a player like that?  

Perhaps he thinks he has a better chance playing at tournaments for wales.

Perhaps he's just a wee dick.

Perhaps he's had a taste of our coaching at u19 level. And knows guys who play in the u21s. And subsequently thinks its better for his career not to be coached by them.

Perhaps it's a mixture of them all, but its got to stop.

I see Scott Gemmill has managed to keep his job. Not even a mention of him being under pressure.

Playing the worst style of football. And then failing to qualify from an easily winnable position.

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Perhaps he thinks he has a better chance playing at tournaments for wales.

Perhaps he's just a wee dick.

Perhaps he's had a taste of our coaching at u19 level. And knows guys who play in the u21s. And subsequently thinks its better for his career not to be coached by them.

Perhaps it's a mixture of them all, but its got to stop.

I see Scott Gemmill has managed to keep his job. Not even a mention of him being under pressure.

Playing the worst style of football. And then failing to qualify from an easily winnable position.

I'm fuckin sick of that, he's outstanding.  Fuckin little arsewipe.  

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Calm doon, f**k all has happened :lol:

Aye it has, its on the Welsh FA site he was in their 21 squad on standby but waiting on clearance.  Didn't get it in time.  That means clearance from Uefa to change from Scotland to Wales, waiting on the paperwork.  Its done like, he is fucking fantastic too. Incredibly talented and 100% our product.  

This sort of thing just makes you think why bother.  We post about Scotland every day on here, whats the point when we produce good players and they go elsewhere.  

20 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He's on loan at Alloa is he not. In fairness I wouldn't be getting too excited about a 19 year old who is playing for them.
Agree though we shouldn't be losing him without good reason.

That was last season.  He's at Palace u23s and getting amazing reviews, Palace fans campaigning to have him in the first team.  He's proper quality, very very talented.  

We should mount a campaign to get him to stay with Scotland.

And Steve Clarke should be paying him a visit to try to convince him.  

Agree that he is our player and why do we bother investing in performance schools.. if the sfa decide there is no return on investing in performance schools then people like him will be the reason other young players dont get the opportunity he has...

In fairness I also think it's the coaches fault for not picking him and instead picking players like Campbell, ferguson etc at u21 and being very rigid. Decent players but feel banks should get an opportunity which would also help his development.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye it has, its on the Welsh FA site he was in their 21 squad on standby but waiting on clearance.  Didn't get it in time.  That means clearance from Uefa to change from Scotland to Wales, waiting on the paperwork.  Its done like, he is fucking fantastic too. Incredibly talented and 100% our product.  

This sort of thing just makes you think why bother.  We post about Scotland every day on here, whats the point when we produce good players and they go elsewhere.  

If it actually goes through and he announces he doesn't want to play for Scotland then fair enough, but there is literally nothing other than that one line saying he was on standby. Playing for Wales U21s also doesn't rule him out for Scotland. I'll be the first slaughter the SFA here though if it turns out Scot Gemmill has again been falling asleep at the wheel and ignoring bright young talents. Not like Banks has been under the radar either, there really is no reason he would be ignored. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If it actually goes through and he announces he doesn't want to play for Scotland then fair enough, but there is literally nothing other than that one line saying he was on standby. Playing for Wales U21s also doesn't rule him out for Scotland. I'll be the first slaughter the SFA here though if it turns out Scot Gemmill has again been falling asleep at the wheel and ignoring bright young talents. Not like Banks has been under the radar either, there really is no reason he would be ignored. 

Erm why would he be on standby for the Welsh u21 squad then? 

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Erm why would he be on standby for the Welsh u21 squad then? 

Because they called him up. It means nothing until he gets a full cap. Karamoko Dembele has played for our U15s, our U17s and England's U16s and U17s. He'll probably pick England but until he actually gets a full cap it means nothing (even then I think you can still change?). And if Scott Banks has simply taken the huff with Scot Gemmill for ignoring him then I'd like to think a chat with Steve Clarke somewhere down the line might get him back on side.