Another player Scotland has mist who has been capped with another country thread

Ali McCann is 20. He mustn’t have been that bothered about playing for Scotland. Anyway we’ll be at the Euros and he’ll be at home.

He'd be at home anyway because he's about 20th choice in the midfield. I think he made a smart choice for his career because I'm not convinced, as good a player as he is, that he'd ever have played for Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Fair enough.

I don't think it is fair to say we've missed out on him when the sum of his experience is 10 games at Grimsby though.

Don't know how good he'll be but he's a good prospect.  You know I had a very close eye on three players who left Aberdeen close together about eight years ago, Grimmer, Fraser and Fyvie.  I would say Grimmer and Fyvie looked better than Fraser at the time.  Funny how things turn out.

55 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Don't know how good he'll be but he's a good prospect.  You know I had a very close eye on three players who left Aberdeen close together about eight years ago, Grimmer, Fraser and Fyvie.  I would say Grimmer and Fyvie looked better than Fraser at the time.  Funny how things turn out.

I was actually going to mention Grimmer depending on where the Taylor chat went. 

His cousin worked in the papershop beside my parents house. Grimmer was offered a longer contract by Fulham on crazy money. Didn't give it a second thought and left. We were a shambles at that point but he looked like he was going to be a real player. Obviously hasn't worked out as well as everyone hoped but he's made a good career for himself. 

Can see why all three left though. I think the new training facilities will be a game changer for Aberdeen going forward.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I was actually going to mention Grimmer depending on where the Taylor chat went. 

His cousin worked in the papershop beside my parents house. Grimmer was offered a longer contract by Fulham on crazy money. Didn't give it a second thought and left. We were a shambles at that point but he looked like he was going to be a real player. Obviously hasn't worked out as well as everyone hoped but he's made a good career for himself. 

Can see why all three left though. I think the new training facilities will be a game changer for Aberdeen going forward.

Aye totally.  Grimmer had played 4 games for Aberdeen and was 17.  You wonder what would have happened had he stayed a few years.  You can understand it though, if you're being offered a contract that literally could set you up for life it would be hard to turn down.

Its shameful its taken so long to do, but will make a massive difference.  One of my favourite moans about Scottish football is Aberdeen spending a million quid on Paul Bernard 25 years ago and training on beaches, public parks and hotel car parks till a few months ago.

Scott Allan similar at Utd.  Played about 3 games, looked great, offered a contract and turned them down cause West Brom came in with a much bigger offer and longer contract.

Got a lot of stick for it and didn't work out predictably, but he actually has type one diabetes and didn't know if he'd even be able to play professional football at 25, so if he was being offered a contract at 18 that he could retire off he'd be mental to turn it down. You never know the circumstances behind it.

36 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye totally.  Grimmer had played 4 games for Aberdeen and was 17.  You wonder what would have happened had he stayed a few years.  You can understand it though, if you're being offered a contract that literally could set you up for life it would be hard to turn down.

Its shameful its taken so long to do, but will make a massive difference.  One of my favourite moans about Scottish football is Aberdeen spending a million quid on Paul Bernard 25 years ago and training on beaches, public parks and hotel car parks till a few months ago.

There's no excuse.

There's decent facilities in the city we could use but we were double booked. McInnes said it himself. We were scheduled to train for a big Scottish cup tie (that we lost) to Hearts and we were buckled off the pitch for a secondary school girls hockey practice session.

Ryan Fraser wanted to do extra training but was only allowed to do football tennis in the RDS concourse.

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's no excuse.

There's decent facilities in the city we could use but we were double booked. McInnes said it himself. We were scheduled to train for a big Scottish cup tie (that we lost) to Hearts and we were buckled off the pitch for a secondary school girls hockey practice session.

Ryan Fraser wanted to do extra training but was only allowed to do football tennis in the RDS concourse.

Fuckin laughable.  You can install a full size artificial surface floodlit pitch with the cage and all that for about eighty grand.  You would need the land as well obviously. Absolutely laughable clubs like that paying players 400k per year and buying players for 500k the last thirty years pretty much can't spend even a few hundred grand to make some sort of basic facility to train on. You could have put something small together for a million quid most likely, couple of pitches and a changing room, paid with a mortgage for a club with a turnover of 15 million it would have been f**k all.

I remember Berti Vogts said he spent all day driving round Edinburgh looking for somewhere for Scotland to train and gave up cause there wasn't anywhere suitable in the whole city.  And people wonder why we got left behind.

18 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Harry Souttar, Terry Taylor, Karamako Dembele all missed out on.

Also Martin Boyle.

7 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its a player was eligible for us that we missed out on.  The circumstances don't matter.

Terry Taylor and Dembele can both still play for us. We haven't missed them. 

He is a liar

He ignores me apart from giving me reddies for , in most cases , nothing

and on non Tartan Army ramblings threads

Find out how many of my reddies are due to him , and come back and tell me that is not harrasment on a discussion board

And it has been suggested he was previously banned under the name Dryhorse