Another player Scotland has mist who has been capped with another country thread

Rightly or wrongly I am sure all the Scotland fans are happy and proud of our teams recent achievement of reaching the finals

How ever in recent times our nation has has out on bright young prospects to nations such as Northern Ireland Eire and Australia

For a nation out size we can't sustain this when there aren't enough people playing football for a nation of our population

I started this thread because I genuinely feel that Scotland has a chance to move forward and not get stuck in the mud and do the right thing now at the top

Instead off going backwards not another 22 years and not reaching a finals,my point is we can't afford to miss out on any young talented player be it if he plays in Scotland England or America

I.hope this list does not grew any further

Ali McCann Northern Ireland 20..............

5 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Rightly or wrongly I am sure all the Scotland fans are happy and proud of our teams recent achievement of reaching the finals

How ever in recent times our nation has has out on bright young prospects to nations such as Northern Ireland Eire and Australia

For a nation out size we can't sustain this when there aren't enough people playing football for a nation of our population

I started this thread because I genuinely feel that Scotland has a chance to move forward and not get stuck in the mud and do the right thing now at the top

Instead off going backwards not another 22 years and not reaching a finals,my point is we can't afford to miss out on any young talented player be it if he plays in Scotland England or America

I.hope this list does not grew any further

Ali McCann Northern Ireland 20..............

Aside from McCarthy and McGeady, who have Scotland missed out on that would have been genuine regulars at any point in their career?

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aside from McCarthy and McGeady, who have Scotland missed out on that would have been genuine regulars at any point in their career?

Harry Soutar possibly who just broke into Stoke team and is young weird cos his brother plays for Scotland

Obviously we have hope for wee Dembele who we lost to the English

12 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Jack Elliott is worth a look.  Defensive midfielder in MLS, eligible.  Tidy on the ball, big lad.

Good shout 25 and has Scottish parents 6.5 defender

Would be lying if I said that I've saw him play though

Maybe No Johnston or Steve Nicol could send a dossier on him to Clarke?

And stick him into a wee up coming friendly?

Might be a alternative if we lose big Dec?

9 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Good shout 25 and has Scottish parents 6.5 defender

Would be lying if I said that I've saw him play though

Maybe No Johnston or Steve Nicol could send a dossier on him to Clarke?

And stick him into a wee up coming friendly?

Might be a alternative if we lose big Dec?

Actually been playing midfield when I've seen him.  Looks quite elegant on the ball.