East Fife v Clyde

On 27/11/2020 at 21:56, Life on Marrs? said:

No, just Killie, Forfar & Albion. 

Add st mirren to that list also now. As I told you last week, if you can't play game, other team is awarded a 3-0 victory, if rules haven't been followed. 

Could well go against us the next time. 

Remember this nonsense - https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/01/13/6309/#.X8kcgtj7RPZ ?

I'm sure someone said we weren't car sharing, possibly on one of the podcasts.

At the end of the day, if we haven't followed the protocols then we deserve to be absolutely hammered, in exactly the same way that we deserved to be hammered for not knowing the rules regarding the registration of players. Reading the charge sheet thrown at St Mirren/Killie; that's genuinely embarrassing stuff. It actually makes me quite angry given the restrictions imposed on the rest of the population.

4 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Add st mirren to that list also now. As I told you last week, if you can't play game, other team is awarded a 3-0 victory, if rules haven't been followed. 

Could well go against us the next time. 

Achh take the fecking points if it makes you temporarily off the bottom spot...not like oh havnt been there before, we'll not in this league anyway but you'll end up there ya greeting faced kunts

On 22/11/2020 at 00:18, sydney said:

In all seriousness, regarding the Glasgow Cup, I think it might be an idea if owners made it clear that we are not happy about this. Might be a waste of time but why should we sit idly by and watch a wafer thin squad have to compete in this crap in the current circumstances, particularly as it appears to be last year’s competition. It’s just madness. 
If there is no financial penalty for withdrawing, this is what we should be doing. 
Don’t know if there’s any mileage in this but I’d gladly back a representation to the club about this. Anyone else ? 
Maybe Danny wants to get play these games ? Be surpris

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

One thing you could argue is that Celtic should have perhaps been punished more harshly for their own COVID breaches earlier in the season, but Aberdeen also appear to have escaped that punishment despite 8 of their players deciding it was fine to go out on the piss. I'd be much more annoyed about those inconsistencies than Celtic fans trying to trash their own ground.

Think the difference in the Celtic and Aberdeen situations compared to us/St Mirren/Killie is that Celtic and Aberdeen were still willing to fulfil the fixtures before the government stepped in and postponed them, as opposed to the actual clubs themselves requesting postponments cause they couldn't field a team.

Edited by C. Muir

38 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Think the difference in the Celtic and Aberdeen situations compared to us/St Mirren/Killie is that Celtic and Aberdeen were still willing to fulfil the fixtures before the government stepped in and postponed them, as opposed to the actual clubs themselves requesting postponments cause they couldn't field a team.

Aye, there is a distinction between them, but I'd say what Bolingoli done has been the worst of all breaches so far. He could have potentially infected his whole squad, the Killie squad and other staff at Rugby Park. Just because that didn't happen doesn't mean the club shouldn't have been hammered. A 3 match ban for a player they were looking to punt anyway and a few grand in fines was f**k all for them.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, there is a distinction between them, but I'd say what Bolingoli done has been the worst of all breaches so far. He could have potentially infected his whole squad, the Killie squad and other staff at Rugby Park. Just because that didn't happen doesn't mean the club shouldn't have been hammered. A 3 match ban for a player they were looking to punt anyway and a few grand in fines was f**k all for them.

In addition to the fact that teams like Celtic who probably have 25 players can still field an almost 'full strength' team. Clubs lower down the leagues losing 3/4 players from a squad of 17-20 is a far more serious hit to their ability to perform and compete.

Question on a point made above. If 17/18 year olds can't yet drive, and clubs can't run team buses, and they are not allowed to share cars, how are these young players supposed to travel to Peterhead, Cove, Elgin, Annan  etc (and the opposite to the central belt for their players)?

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

In addition to the fact that teams like Celtic who probably have 25 players can still field an almost 'full strength' team. Clubs lower down the leagues losing 3/4 players from a squad of 17-20 is a far more serious hit to their ability to perform and compete.

Question on a point made above. If 17/18 year olds can't yet drive, and clubs can't run team buses, and they are not allowed to share cars, how are these young players supposed to travel to Peterhead, Cove, Elgin, Annan  etc (and the opposite to the central belt for their players)?

I don't know to be honest, all I was informed was that car sharing wasn't allowed, and if you can't share a car it makes no sense to share a bus.

17 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Dont know who or how many were on them but fairly sure the last couple games at Balmoor there has been a coach presumably for the away sides.

Nine Dundee United players required to self-isolate

Livingston v Dundee Utd (Sat, 15:00)

Following the news that all first-team coaching staff at Dundee United are self-isolating after three non-playing staff tested positive for Covid-19, the Tannadice club have confirmed that nine players will also have to isolate.

In a statement, United’s sporting director Tony Asghar said: “After further discussions with the Scottish FA and Tayside Health Board, we have been advised that our non-playing staff who have been self-isolating should continue to do so.

When do we get our three points?
When the game is rescheduled.

Pretty sure we will have fucked up somewhere. We don't exactly have a stellar track record of following the rules recently. We will be absolutely fucked if end up with 3-0 losses against East Fife and Forfar plus a fine.

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

When the game is rescheduled.

Pretty sure we will have fucked up somewhere. We don't exactly have a stellar track record of following the rules recently. We will be absolutely fucked if end up with 3-0 losses against East Fife and Forfar plus a fine.

Perhaps Hearts, Partick and Stranraer will back us up because it is unfair?

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't know to be honest, all I was informed was that car sharing wasn't allowed, and if you can't share a car it makes no sense to share a bus.

There is no prohibition on using a bus.  The occupants need to be socially distanced and masked and follow the Bus company's own procedures

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

18 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

18 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

Achh take the fecking points if it makes you temporarily off the bottom spot...not like oh havnt been there before, we'll not in this league anyway but you'll end up there ya greeting faced kunts

Don’t know why you are using the plural he is the only one I remember claiming the points. 
For me it’s a pot luck thing and could be any team so the plan should be to play it in the future. Problem of course will be running out of time with weather still possibly adding to the problem and not being able to finish the league. Groundhog Day ?

I thought Divs 1 and  2 should never have started

26 minutes ago, chas said:

Does anyone know EXACTLY the protocols are for lower league/part time clubs?

Yes - each club has its own protocols based around the basic guideline framework originally issued and adapted to that club's logistical situation and amended by experience gained.  They are not all the same but are similar and would all very likely for example advise players and staff that they should not car share if that is the point being debated