East Fife v Clyde

28 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Taking Football out of this for moment.

There is 4 guys with a infection that is killing thousands & whether they play for us. East Fife. East Stirling or who ever it doesnt matter

All lives matter & wish them a safe returm to health....

Yer Mithers Prideemoji1267.png

Well said. A quick recovery for the four individuals. 

Now SPFL to award a 3-0 victory to East Fife.

46 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Taking Football out of this for moment.

There is 4 guys with a infection that is killing thousands & whether they play for us. East Fife. East Stirling or who ever it doesnt matter

All lives matter & wish them a safe returm to health....

Yer Mithers Prideemoji1267.png

We don’t know that they are infected, though.  Hopefully not.

Only fair thing to do as said previously if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be wanting the game postponed as well. 

Hopefully the Clyde players involved are healthy or return to full health soon. 

Edited by Rbon

23 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

If only we can play you every week Sweet cheeks. I'II book hospitality for Broawood for you next time, as you wouldn't wish to spend your giro on seeing the Gypses pump you again. Respect and stay safe

Game getting postponed clearly the correct decision, this sort of thing was always going to happen. A complete u-turn from what I felt at the start of the season but I am starting to think it was a wee bit silly that the leagues continued this year at this level.

45 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Game getting postponed clearly the correct decision, this sort of thing was always going to happen. A complete u-turn from what I felt at the start of the season but I am starting to think it was a wee bit silly that the leagues continued this year at this level.

I agree. They'd be better going into furlough over Christmas and coming back in March, playing more midweek games and extending the season, hopefully with crowds.

21 hours ago, David W said:

I agree. They'd be better going into furlough over Christmas and coming back in March, playing more midweek games and extending the season, hopefully with crowds.

Now that we have more information and insight this should be on the table, but probably won't be. Much depends on club's cost base. Everyone will be different and that is part of the problem. Not sure if any clubs managed to convince players to take a pay cut during all of this? Are councils still charging rent/rates? NL was not for a while which was very supportive and helpful. 

Another idea, would be leagues 1 & 2 shutting down, furloughing staff, coming back in March & maybe just having an 18 game season, playing everyone home and away once, hopefully with fans. Maybe sponsors & season ticket holders would be against it though. 

It's been difficult for us all & hindsights a great thing. 

Doesn't look good from a Clyde perspective. We may have done nothing wrong but if they're going to the extent of punishments for seating arrangements on a coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we could be in line for something similar.

You have to assume there's been plenty of players sitting together on coaches at various clubs, though clubs will likely be much stricter on it now some have been punished.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

That’s scary.. I’d like to think part time teams may have different outcome as these guys have other jobs and mix with the wider public. It’s not out-with the realms that a player (not saying Clyde) any team could have a player whose day job is in NHS or Care home for example. Hard to legislate for infection coming in like that?

Fingers crossed our protocols are all ok for the things we are responsible for. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Meanwhile several hundred Celtic fans riot outside their ground (because they lost a game) attacking police and showing no thought whatsoever to people's safety. 

Today's exam question - will there be any ramifications for Celtic FC? 

There's a reason clubs refuse to adopt strict liability, and you've just pointed it out. 

This is quite different. This is not fans and how the conduct themselves within or outwith the ground. That compares very differently to the guilty plea from the clubs themselves, admitting they breached covid guidelines they themselves had signed up to and promised to adhere to. Unless Clyde have done the same here, then they should avoid the same punishment. 

If they are found to have also breached rules they signed up to follow, then congratulations to East Fife on the comfortable victory. 

12 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

There's a reason clubs refuse to adopt strict liability, and you've just pointed it out. 

This is quite different. This is not fans and how the conduct themselves within or outwith the ground. That compares very differently to the guilty plea from the clubs themselves, admitting they breached covid guidelines they themselves had signed up to and promised to adhere to. Unless Clyde have done the same here, then they should avoid the same punishment. 

If they are found to have also breached rules they signed up to follow, then congratulations to East Fife on the comfortable victory. 

Irrespective of whether you link the COVID element only to their behaviour, there are many examples in the past where clubs have been punished for the behaviour of their support. This is one in a long list of offences from this particular support, and one that could have had serious implications. Why no punishment? Why the relative silence from the football authorities and Scottish Government?

20 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Irrespective of whether you link the COVID element only to their behaviour, there are many examples in the past where clubs have been punished for the behaviour of their support. This is one in a long list of offences from this particular support, and one that could have had serious implications. Why no punishment? Why the relative silence from the football authorities and Scottish Government?

Not by the domestic football authorities, there hasn't. 

UEFA have. FIFA have. But not the SPFL or equivalents, because strict liability has been resisted. 

The Police said they are investigating and will be prosecuting, yes? Then, at the moment, that's the relevant authority taking the relevant action. Strict Liability would mean clubs are punishable for the actions of their fans, rather than just the fans themselves. It is in use buy EUFA, hence the fines for singing and pyro etc. It is not in use here. 

I don't like it, myself, but that's the way the mop flops. Celtic and Rangers have the most to lose from strict liability and that's why it's incredibly unlikely to ever come into force here. 

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Doesn't look good from a Clyde perspective. We may have done nothing wrong but if they're going to the extent of punishments for seating arrangements on a coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we could be in line for something similar.

You have to assume there's been plenty of players sitting together on coaches at various clubs, though clubs will likely be much stricter on it now some have been punished.

I don't think lower league clubs are taking buses to games at all, the worrying thing for me in that article (if I was Clyde fan) would be the "car sharing" bit. I suspect it's more than likely that lower league players (not just at Clyde) are taking lifts off other members of the squad, especially if they can't drive themselves. This might serve as a wee wake up call to others who are getting a bit lax with those sorts of things.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Meanwhile several hundred Celtic fans riot outside their ground (because they lost a game) attacking police and showing no thought whatsoever to people's safety. 

Today's exam question - will there be any ramifications for Celtic FC? 

Not even remotely comparable situations tbh. Celtic can't control hundreds of bawbags showing up uninvited to cause riots and the Police have already said they're looking at all available footage to try and punish those who were there and breaking rules. St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Clyde have absolute control over how their players get to and from training/games and are fully aware they are liable for any breaches of those rules. One thing you could argue is that Celtic should have perhaps been punished more harshly for their own COVID breaches earlier in the season, but Aberdeen also appear to have escaped that punishment despite 8 of their players deciding it was fine to go out on the piss. I'd be much more annoyed about those inconsistencies than Celtic fans trying to trash their own ground.