East Fife v Clyde

East Fife have had a poor start to the season but wouldn’t take anything for granted given our recent form, even with the win over Montrose. 

A point would be a decent result, but if we can win it’ll give us a good gap to the bottom of the table. 

Outclassed by Montrose on Saturday only reason we won was because we have a fantastic striker, I expected EF to be right up the table this season they were good last season and made some good signings kinda feel like they are due a win but hopefully not this weekend.

still not confident. 

Pretty big game for us after a poor start to the season. We’ve had arguably the 3 hardest away games so far but the manner of defeats is causing a bit of a worry. The 4-4-2 system which worked well last season just isn’t working this time and it’s exploiting our flaws that’s teams are exploiting so I’m hoping for a tweak in the system to get the best out of Agnew again.

Our next few games up to Christmas will tell us which end of the table we will be at towards the end of the season.

We looked much better in the second half against Montrose which wasn't hard considering how bad we were in the first half.

Syvertsen has to start he makes a huge difference to the team. I would also have Howie playing alongside Lang with Bain at right back.

Our away form is absolutely minging, we've lost 8 in a row in the league. The last away point we picked up was a 0-0 at East Fife in Nov last year.

On 24/11/2020 at 09:06, Jack Burton said:

We looked much better in the second half against Montrose which wasn't hard considering how bad we were in the first half.

Syvertsen has to start he makes a huge difference to the team. I would also have Howie playing alongside Lang with Bain at right back.

Our away form is absolutely minging, we've lost 8 in a row in the league. The last away point we picked up was a 0-0 at East Fife in Nov last year.

Would agree with that r.e Howie/Bain. Assuming there's still no Palmer then..

Mitchell
Bain Howie Lang Shiels
Lamont Cuddihy
Syvertsen Cunningham Love
Goodie 

Again centre mid looks gaping but if we're going to ship goals regardless of the line up we pick then let's get all our best attacking options on the park.

Edited by C. Muir

We really need to be playing Bain in every game we can I think - crying out for speciality full backs for years, finally sign a couple and we're still playing centre half's out there. Syvertsen has to play, but not sure I agree with playing Howie instead of McNiff or Rumsby.
We've signed right backs for years then never played them there.

Signed McNeil and played Phil Johnston there. Cuddihy played there instead of Duffie now its Howie instead of Bain.

Scott Durie is the last right back we signed that played there consistently.

We don't seem to bother with left backs at all.

Would agree with that r.e Howie/Bain. Assuming there's still no Palmer then..
Mitchell
Bain Howie Lang Shiels
Lamont Cuddihy
Syvertsen Cunningham Love
Goodie 
Again centre mid looks gaping but if we're going to ship goals regardless of the line up we pick then let's get all our best attacking options on the park.
I thought it looked closer to a 4-4-2 on Saturday, in the second half, with Syvertsen up with Goodwillie.

Cuddihy and whoever plays beside him just aren't good enough to boss the midfield. Unless Palmer turns out to be really good then think our only option is to pack the midfield.

https://twitter.com/ramanbhardwajTV/status/1332272768277229572

Covid outbreak at Clyde FC. We're told 4 positive cases. Additional players self isolating. Club in discussions with football authorities. As things stand, game v tomorrow East Fife goes ahead.

Edited by jagr68

Just now, shawfield shed boy said:

That.ll be that rumour Ally Love got Covid true. Dont know other 3 players

If your Quick East Fife Evens but common sense approach surely got to kick in at our level with nearly half a team out

Yer mithers prideemoji1267.png

It'll be more than half a team as others will be self isolating in addition to the 4 positive cases. 

Hope we've not broken any protocols resulting in this outbreak. 

1 minute ago, Life on Marrs? said:

3-0, East Fife then! 

Seriously though, if you've 13 fit players including a goalkeeper, presumably the game will go ahead. 

We have a squad of 20 with Cammy Palmer already injured so 19. Will depend on how many others are self isolating as a result of the 4 positives.

3-0, East Fife then! 
Seriously though, if you've 13 fit players including a goalkeeper, presumably the game will go ahead. 
Cowdenbeath v Albion Rovers was off recently due to a similar scenario. Would be surprised if the game is still on tomorrow.

Domino the Dug shouldnt get off lightly either. They say pets cant transfer this lurgy but that im no too sure.

Moving things on. Game should be called off as safety & well being is paramount and it is my understanding Channel 5 is going live tomorrow in Methill for the first time so the locals deserve to be at home for this incredible moment

Yer Mithers Pride[emoji1267]