Hibernian v St Johnstone

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah, I know. The point was that all those signings flopped at Hibs.

Craig didn't flop at Hibs though. He wasn't all that well liked but putting him in the same category as Vine is ridiculous. Just because he was in a mince team doesn't mean he flopped personally. And Wright was brought in as a back up and, as a backup, has been admittedly mixed to not very good but has scored against Rangers and is a handy option off the bench. 

So that's 1 of the 3 you quoted that has actually been an outright flop, and 2 who have pretty much done what could be expected of them. We don't sign players from Saints thinking they'll be world beaters tbh.

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Craig didn't flop at Hibs though. He wasn't all that well liked but putting him in the same category as Vine is ridiculous. Just because he was in a mince team doesn't mean he flopped personally. And Wright was brought in as a back up and, as a backup, has been admittedly mixed to not very good but has scored against Rangers and is a handy option off the bench. 

So that's 1 of the 3 you quoted that has actually been an outright flop, and 2 who have pretty much done what could be expected of them. We don't sign players from Saints thinking they'll be world beaters tbh..

If you’re trying to cherry pick players from a team who actually finished above you in the league then you’d expect them to make a good impact - no one mentioned world beaters. 

Flop was a strong word for Craig, apologies for my terminology. He did manage to captain your side to one of the most hilarious relegations of all time though, in the same season that the team he left won the Scottish Cup and qualified for Europe (finished top 6 etc etc). A successful season all round for him, then. FWIW I obviously really like him as a player.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

If you’re trying to cherry pick players from a team who actually finished above you in the league then you’d expect them to make a good impact - no one mentioned world beaters. 

Flop was a strong word for Craig, apologies for my terminology. He did manage to captain your side to one of the most hilarious relegations of all time though, in the same season that the team he left won the Scottish Cup and qualified for Europe (finished top 6 etc etc). A successful season all round for him, then. FWIW I obviously really like him as a player.

This just isn't true though is it? All of them were signed as free transfers as far as I recall. And we've established that both Craig and Wright performed the function they were expected to when they signed (Craig was our top goalscorer in the relegation season, Wright is a squad player whose overall impact is yet to be assessed but has already scored a crucial goal against the league leaders which helped us secure a point) so we're back to 1 actual flop from your 3. 

Your second paragraph doesn't make sense. I can only make out that you're arguing either:

1. Craig was one of the key reasons for the relegation - he wasn't

2. It's funny that Craig went to another club who were relegated, which sounds like something you'd make fun of Craig for rather than Hibs.

I mean I get what your digging at is "Hibs got relegated in 2014 lol" but at this point that's one big shrug tbh. 

34 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

This just isn't true though is it? All of them were signed as free transfers as far as I recall. And we've established that both Craig and Wright performed the function they were expected to when they signed (Craig was our top goalscorer in the relegation season, Wright is a squad player whose overall impact is yet to be assessed but has already scored a crucial goal against the league leaders which helped us secure a point) so we're back to 1 actual flop from your 3. 

Your second paragraph doesn't make sense. I can only make out that you're arguing either:

1. Craig was one of the key reasons for the relegation - he wasn't

2. It's funny that Craig went to another club who were relegated, which sounds like something you'd make fun of Craig for rather than Hibs.

I mean I get what your digging at is "Hibs got relegated in 2014 lol" but at this point that's one big shrug tbh. 

Well they were all first team starters for us, Craig especially was a key player.

What a strange wee guy you are like. I can edit my original post to one flop, one did-alright-but-got-relegated-as-captain-in-one-of-football’s-most-humiliating-moments, and one mixed-performances-so-far-BUTONLYSIGNEDASABACKUP!!!. Hopefully that will make you happier and stop you getting so het up.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Well they were all first team starters for us, Craig especially was a key player.

What a strange wee guy you are like. I can edit my original post to one flop, one did-alright-but-got-relegated-as-captain-in-one-of-football’s-most-humiliating-moments, and one mixed-performances-so-far-BUTONLYSIGNEDASABACKUP!!!. Hopefully that will make you happier and stop you getting so het up.

There's no need to get personal mate, just pointing out that your hilarious haha Hibs have signed three players from Saints who were all flops isn't accurate but if you don't care about that that's fine. It's your inferiority complex about your club so do what you like with it x

12 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

There's no need to get personal mate, just pointing out that your hilarious haha Hibs have signed three players from Saints who were all flops isn't accurate but if you don't care about that that's fine. It's your inferiority complex about your club so do what you like with it x

Hilarious but inaccurate is what I aim for x