Hibernian v St Johnstone

Best bit about Hibs v Saints games is the inevitable Hibs.net thread talking about which of our players they'll be signing for £100k the next window.

13 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
14 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:
Death, taxes and St Johnstone getting a result at Easter Road.
Pish game of football with two poor teams if you ask me with Jamie Murphy (who FWIW I didn’t really rate but has done well the last week or so) and Ali McCann being the only shining lights, fair play to Paul McGoal tho.

Death, taxes and an opposing fan complaining about two poor teams/poor game when their team fails to beat st johnstone..... thought it was quite an entertaining game with both sides having plenty chances.

It was genuinely the worst 2-2 I’ve ever watched. :lol: If you told me it actually ended 0-0 I’d probably believe you.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best bit about Hibs v Saints games is the inevitable Hibs.net thread talking about which of our players they'll be signing for £100k the next window.

Why in gods name would you be on a hibs fan site?

Your life must be pretty fucking empty if you have to resort to haunting other teams fan sites as well as every fucking thread on P&B.

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Your life must be pretty fucking empty if you have to resort to haunting other teams fan sites as well as every fucking thread on P&B.

Different /  superior perspective

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You would’ve thought they’d learn their lesson after some of the players they’ve signed from us recently. Hopefully they’ve got their eye on Chris Kane next.

Rowan Vine 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

Liam Craig 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

Drey Wright 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

You would’ve thought they’d learn their lesson after some of the players they’ve signed from us recently. Hopefully they’ve got their eye on Chris Kane next.
Rowan Vine 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png
Liam Craig 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png
Drey Wright 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png
Sorry, Liam Craig has been fantastic for us in two spells. If they Hibs'd him it's their own fucking fault.

15 hours ago, Green Day said:

Because its hilarious.

You've got a Hibs fan claiming Ali McCann isn't any good "when the opposition have the ball", despite being one of the best u21 CMs in Europe at winning the ball back.

Kyle Magennis is apparently better defensively.

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Hibs'd him 

apostrophe catastrophe m9

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because its hilarious.

You've got a Hibs fan claiming Ali McCann isn't any good "when the opposition have the ball", despite being one of the best u21 CMs in Europe at winning the ball back.

Kyle Magennis is apparently better defensively.

It has almost over 14500 members, I would have thought that odd and divergent opinions are pretty much guaranteed.

However, as I have said earlier you wouldnt have known it was "hilarious" without logging on to a hibs fans website anyway. To give an opposing pov, I wouldnt even know what the name was of a St Johnstone fans website (if such a thing exists) far less trawl over it after a "famous draw".

Again, it is weird behaviour and just screams small time about you.

31 minutes ago, Green Day said:

It has almost over 14500 members, I would have thought that odd and divergent opinions are pretty much guaranteed.

However, as I have said earlier you wouldnt have known it was "hilarious" without logging on to a hibs fans website anyway. To give an opposing pov, I wouldnt even know what the name was of a St Johnstone fans website (if such a thing exists) far less trawl over it after a "famous draw".

Again, it is weird behaviour and just screams small time about you.

I'm not going to jump in and defend RG, that's not really my thing.

However there's nothing wrong with going on an oppositions forum in the slightest, it's certainly not weird or "small time". It allows you to gain an insight into your team and give other peoples thoughts on the game from a different bias. I personally always find it quite interesting to know what other fans think of saints and their players and what sort of perception there is. Admittedly RG has used his hyperbolic tendencies to over-exaggerate again, but in this case I agree with him.

You're correct that there's likely to be a wide variety of opinions and most of them will be wrong or funny to others, the thing with McCann is one of these. I'm not going to hound Hibs fans who'll have seen him maybe 4/5 times for not knowing the type of player he is, unless they watch saints a lot they won't know just how good he is. The fact he'd walk into Hibs starting line up is irrelevant in all this, but the claims of Magennis being better are wildly off!

If you don't find opposition forums interesting then that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't be chastising others who do that, it's a lot more common than you maybe think.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

If you don't find opposition forums interesting then that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't be chastising others who do that, it's a lot more common than you maybe think.

How many times do you think he's been quoted on here talking about visiting Kickback?...

1 minute ago, Widge said:

the claims of Magennis being better are wildly off!

I agree with most of your post, but my issue - and the point I was making - is that RG is clinging on to a completely radge statement about Magennis made by maybe one (or at best a minimal number) of person/s as some proxy for our fans views.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How many times do you think he's been quoted on here talking about visiting Kickback?...

I look forward to you posting the answer later

Spoiler

It will be a very very very low number, perhaps even rhyming with hero

Please feel free to dig around the entire site for the rest of the day, this will give you the warm feeling of usefulness you crave.

Sometimes you need to stop digging and then maybe - after a few years - people might not think you are such a massive dick?

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Sometimes you need to stop digging and then maybe - after a few years - people might not think you are such a massive dick?

Caring what people on an anonymous football forum think about you?

FdSzawX.gif.2207e54dadbb445c2fbe9f3c635665e1.gif

18 minutes ago, Widge said:

You're correct that there's likely to be a wide variety of opinions and most of them will be wrong or funny to others, the thing with McCann is one of these. I'm not going to hound Hibs fans who'll have seen him maybe 4/5 times for not knowing the type of player he is, unless they watch saints a lot they won't know just how good he is. The fact he'd walk into Hibs starting line up is irrelevant in all this, but the claims of Magennis being better are wildly off!

Bit in bold, agreed .

For the craik I decided to have a look at the McCann / Mcnamara thread on hibs net.

Universal acclaim for McCann, plenty saying he is well out of our price range and destined to go down south. Some who still hold out hope that he might stay in Scotland and a few comparisons to the likes of Mcrorie etc.

The only reference I could see to Magennis was someone questioning if we need another player in a similar position and that Magennis is more physical.

Same guy states " Don’t get me wrong he’d be a good signing but St Johnstone would try hold on to a big fee for him which I can’t see us playing"

All seems fairly even handed and reasonable to me, but - hey, what would I know?

Anyway I am off out, no doubt will return to more drivel from you know who later.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
11 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Sorry, Liam Craig has been fantastic for us in two spells. If they Hibs'd him it's their own fucking fault.

Yeah, I know. The point was that all those signings flopped at Hibs.