Hibernian v St Johnstone

Gone better than expected tbh, after the realisation sunk in we were playing a midfield containing Craig and MOH ahead of a defence containing Rooney.

Stupid goal to concede.

It's an interesting one. Don't think we've had anything like the fluidity of our usual performances. Tanser and McNamara (particularly the latter) aren't receiving the same level of support in wide areas as they'd be getting if Wotherspoon and Conway were involved. Having said that, we've scored a goal from open play which I'm not sure would be the case if we fielded our first-choice XI.

16 minutes ago, Widge said:

He was always going to go walk about without Kerr next to him. I know people go on about Gordon being vocal, but Kerr does a lot of covering work for Gordon. 

He's a nightmare sometimes. Striker just has to stand next to him, then run into midfield, and he just follows them.

For the goal the Hibs striker is running into the same area 2 Saints midfielders are, we end up with 3 players with 3 yards of a Hibs player who doesn't even have the ball, while a massive gap appears in our backline, because Gordon can't read the game and understand when to let players run off him.

Wasn't expecting O'Hallaron through the middle. He's done a good job of stopping Gogic getting too much easy possession but the ball doesn't stick the way it would with Wotherspoon or Conway. Think we'll see Spoony for him at some point

Disappointing goal to loss having looked to have gotten over a slightly nervous first 10 minutes at the back.

I really hope we start getting points soon because I'm enjoying watching this side. In the last few seasons, it's been unusual to see such openness away from home.