Hibernian v St Johnstone

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

IMG_1133.thumb.JPG.7e344bf1addf2aa146c6a2b5557a98c5.JPGIMG_1128.thumb.JPG.8bb3b91dac4f711a5c1f3e51e82edbbf.JPGIMG_1127.thumb.JPG.dc27685ed51ddb85a6f8d8caca3b38b4.JPGIMG_1130.thumb.JPG.e76ffbf0e88893f7c7895c34acb163f5.JPGIMG_1131.thumb.JPG.7af8879b7de267a33981ea59b7aadd64.JPGIMG_1129.JPG.673524acc5d3134eefae3a2c03dec009.JPGIMG_1132.JPG.e03e2cefef503a13d966343cc3f044a5.JPG

See looking at those pictures of celebration just brings a smile to your face.  Lots of wonderful wee moments all over the place.

The policeman giving the young lad in the second picture a friendly pat as he leaps the wall "go on son, you deserve it", and the supporter on top of the stack of Saints players patting Deny Johnstone on the head in the same picture.  The policemen looking on in awe at Macca's physique, then the faces of delight as Shaughnessy runs along in front of the Saints fans whilst some random no mark Hibs journeyman looks away in disgust.  The steward in the bottom left of the second last picture unable to hide his true delight as he embraces the Saints fan in front of him.  And the last picture of O'Halloran flying high on top of the pile on whilst Liam Gordon and Callum Hendry fight to get amongst the Saints fans to celebrate.

We practically own Easter Road.

Edited by PauloPerth

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I really don’t subscribe to the “We WoUlD hAvE lOsT tHaT iF tHeRe WaS a CrOwD” narrative but for the first time I’m saying that tomorrow, no supporters could help us.

Aside from you vs The Fermers this Covid season has, I am certain, had results swayed by the absence of crowds.  Maybe you vs Celtic on Saturday could have seen the result in your favour with a packed ER?

Certainly a full Pittodrie, when A'deen were searching for an equaliser in the 2nd half vs Us in the opening game, could well have been different with a decent crowd.

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aside from you vs The Fermers this Covid season has, I am certain, had results swayed by the absence of crowds.  Maybe you vs Celtic on Saturday could have seen the result in your favour with a packed ER?

Certainly a full Pittodrie, when A'deen were searching for an equaliser in the 2nd half vs Us in the opening game, could well have been different with a decent crowd.

The narrative Hibs fans give is the latter (ie anytime we see out a defeat people seem to think if there were fans in the ground we’d have lost it/drawn it).

Games would absolutely be less flat and be played with more passion when crowds are there, I don’t doubt that, it’s more the way Hibs fans seem to stick the boot into our own support for us chucking leads over the years when it’s really been the fault of our players/managers.

But I totally agree, the number of goals and standard of football we’ve seen this season has for me, been much slower, flatter and the lack of fans has been a detriment to all clubs.

Probably a Hibs specific gripe that I didn’t make clear tbh.

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

But I totally agree, the number of goals and standard of football we’ve seen this season has for me, been much slower, flatter and the lack of fans has been a detriment to all clubs.

Probably a Hibs specific gripe that I didn’t make clear tbh.

I think you're half right and that the product on offer - having watched a fair few Premiership matches  - is definitely dull..  Two of your games - the Semi vs Hearts and your league match on Sunday - would have been entirely different affairs had both been played to packed stands, though.  The results may well have stood but the spectacle would have been transformed.

Wearing my blue-tinted specs this absence of crowds suit us.

I'd guess we'll be missing Davidson and Conway, and I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing. 
Bryson looks like he'll avoid a suspension too.
LINEUP111606138385466.thumb.png.db2546355f261bebe7aba547e0b22a75.png
For me, or some variation of that front three in whatever set up. 
Conway and MOH the only ones capable of playing on the right of a front three, and I don't trust MOH there at all. Ideally Wotherspoon links with the wing backs and allows both strikers to stay in the area, but that's asking a lot of him physically.
Is Doidge injured?

With the Davidson and Conway definitely out, I expect 10 of those starters are nailed on. Kane, Hendry, Melamed, and O'Hallaron the choices for the last place. I don't think it will be Melamed so it's a big chance for one of the other three.

16 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

With the Davidson and Conway definitely out, I expect 10 of those starters are nailed on. Kane, Hendry, Melamed, and O'Hallaron the choices for the last place. I don't think it will be Melamed so it's a big chance for one of the other three.

Can't see him starting Kane or Melamed. He likes MOH and can see him starting if it's a proper front 3, i.e. a Conway swap. Despite the form I'd go with Hendry, purely on the basis that last year he had some chemistry with May. Basically I expect Hendry if he goes front 3, MOH if not. 

32 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

MOH has been pish lately and singlehandedly gives the opposition a free run at our defence when he inevitably looses the ball when we are attacking, get him tae f**k.

I was away to suggest dropping McNamara for him for this game...

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This game was made for Melamed,  plenty space against very suspect defenders.

Ah, f**k it, I’ll bite.

Third meanest defence in the league statistically speaking, conceding only one goal more than Celtic so far.

15 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Just saw this on the other St Johnstone fans pictures - throwing your shirt to fans after a run of the mill match at Easter Road.

clintonfacepalm.jpg.84a6d7e6dad3d1f66fea6283e099cd08.jpg

Am I missing something, or is that just screaming "small time"?

image.thumb.png.1aaec6da7dafadfc9711fe9862045154.png

We'd won 1 game in 10 going into that, had just been fucking rinsed by Celtic and slaughtered by everyone, then conceded a last minute equaliser to a dodgy looking penalty. We scored a winner with the last kick of the ball to finally win the game.

Easy to see why everyone was so buzzing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

In fairness, we get buzzing when we get wins at Ibrox and Parkhead, it’s a class day out when a small band of your supporters are there to take point from a gargantuan club bigger than your own, let them have their celebrations and I hope they enjoy themselves from their living rooms tonight when they get their late equaliser.

I've just realised I've still never been to Easter Road.

Only Hibs and Alloa grounds that I've never seen Saints play at in the top two tiers, and I've no idea how I've managed that.