Thanksgiving Thursday

lichtie23

Why are we wedded to it being the lions and cowboys though? Just put a good game on, its beachfront property. 

Cause we (they) are.

Don’t really understand why Ravens Steelers has been moved when other teams have had to play in similar circumstances. Just delays the end of the Ravens season another few days I suppose.

6 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I lived in San Diego in the 90s and was a huge Padres and Chargers fan. The Padres I stayed with and my now contempt for the 'franchise' that is the Chargers maybe rivals yours for the Ravens. Don't really have an NFL team now, if the broncos keep being shyte they may endear themselves to me now I live here.

I have to admit that I did a lot of soul-searching around the time of the LA move. Although I still follow the team religiously, it did kill a bit of the passion for me and I genuinely don't have teh affinity for the LA version of the team that I did the SD one. I used to go to Jack Murphy every chance I got, proudly wore a Stan Humphries and Junior Seau jersey in public even when the team was garbage, collected Chargers memorabilia etc. Now, I wouldn't even bother travelling to London to see them play, and I have no inclination whatsoever to go see them in So-Fi or whatever the f**k it's called once crowds are allowed to retur.

58 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I have to admit that I did a lot of soul-searching around the time of the LA move. Although I still follow the team religiously, it did kill a bit of the passion for me and I genuinely don't have teh affinity for the LA version of the team that I did the SD one. I used to go to Jack Murphy every chance I got, proudly wore a Stan Humphries and Junior Seau jersey in public even when the team was garbage, collected Chargers memorabilia etc. Now, I wouldn't even bother travelling to London to see them play, and I have no inclination whatsoever to go see them in So-Fi or whatever the f**k it's called once crowds are allowed to retur.

Stan Humphries pass in the AFC championship game remains one of the happiest moments of my life.

1 hour ago, BillyAnchor said:

Stan Humphries pass in the AFC championship game remains one of the happiest moments of my life.

Yes. The feeling of utter despair as O'Donnell and Foster marched the Steelers down the field, then the sheer elation when Gibson knocked down that pass. It's something I'll remember for the rest of my days. Even if the Chargers somehow became a dominant dynasty and won 3 or 4 superbowls, it really wouldn't be the same, partly because of the aforementioned loss of affinity, but also purely because compared to the 90's it's hilariously piss-easy to win Superbowls. The league is almost set up entirely to ensure it's a never-ending carousel of different teams winning it.

Going to a Superbowl when the Bills had totally dominated the AFC for four years, the Steelers were viewed as automatic AFC Champions for just turning up, and the NFC was littered with dominant, salary cap-busting teams...

I still think that 49'ers team the Chargers lost to, and probably the Cowboys sides of the previous two years, are the strongest overall rosters the NFL has ever seen, in any era of football.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 23/11/2020 at 12:42, lichtie23 said:

Mate.....I support whoever the Cowboys are playing

While I heartily endorse this sentiment, I have a slightly sick desire to see a tie in this match. The resulting mess, with the Beagles on top by percentage points until at least Monday night, would be comedy gold.

Meanwhile, I sit here eating some apple pie and watching a game that feels like day old leftovers...and it’s probably a better game than the next one!