Accies v Dandies - 25/11/20

I thought he was possibly offside too, but couldn't tell conclusively from the angles available.

Either way, it's really poor defending. I think it's Taylor's man, but Considine also decides to stop arbitrarily and stick his hand in the air, which doesn't help matters. The ball is hanging in the air for bloody ages too.

Unreal. 

We've been told for years that this is the strongest squad in years so missing players becomes irrelevant.

Absolute groundhog day. People coming out with we're sitting 3rd chat is tiresome too. 

If it's the same set of players fit for Saturday, we need McGinn to start. Not enough ball carriers in last nights team. Also, at least he can take a set piece. Our ability to attack set pieces has been a real bane of our season. 

Edited by Irrational Behaviour

8 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

We've been told for years that this is the strongest squad in years so missing players becomes irrelevant.

I get that you really, really want to feel like this is a personal affront to you but you need to make arguments that make sense.

How many teams in the world see it as an irrelevance if they're missing 5 first choice players plus a few?

Sadly at present there is a price for having good young Scottish players. I think it’s worth it, rather than overpaying for foreign mercenaries like the two clubs above us. In the longer term it makes sense financially and with the clubs community model. Let’s hope we can scrape some points until more players come back, but some leeway is deserved at the moment for the level we have been at when these players are available.

Having slept on it, I do need to credit Hamilton. Once they get their tails up they really are a pain in the arse to play against. Snapping into tackles etc, they did it at Pittodrie too, they'd just given us a 4 goal head start.

They caught us thinking we'd see out the game in 2nd gear and punished us. They do lack quality going forward though, thankfully.

1 hour ago, Don exotic said:

Sadly at present there is a price for having good young Scottish players. I think it’s worth it, rather than overpaying for foreign mercenaries like the two clubs above us. In the longer term it makes sense financially and with the clubs community model. Let’s hope we can scrape some points until more players come back, but some leeway is deserved at the moment for the level we have been at when these players are available.

Who knew an Aberdeen draw at Hamilton would reflect poorly on Rangers and Celtic.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Having slept on it, I do need to credit Hamilton. Once they get their tails up they really are a pain in the arse to play against. Snapping into tackles etc, they did it at Pittodrie too, they'd just given us a 4 goal head start.

They caught us thinking we'd see out the game in 2nd gear and punished us. They do lack quality going forward though, thankfully.

We strolled the first half but they more than earned the point in the second half.

Surely there's only so much more of Taylor being Taylor that Derek can take? At 1-1 he tried to play offside out wide with no idea where Hoban was. Luckily Hoban bailed him out.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

How many teams in the world see it as an irrelevance if they're missing 5 first choice players plus a few?

In fairness, Accies were missing plenty of first choice players as well.  No David Templeton, Lewis Smith, Sean Want, Jamie Hamilton, Will Collar, Charlie Trafford or Kyle Munro.

Just seen the highlights. I think Ogkempo was onside. Looks to me like Aaron Martin was well offside though and the argument then becomes about interference. You can see Taylor gets caught in two minds, drawn towards Martin, and stops marking Ogkempo instead of going to win the ball.

In summary: soft as shyte free kick followed up with soft as shyte defending followed up by soft as shyte post match excuses.

We will need to be better in every area of the pitch on Saturday. Hopefully we have a few players back.