Accies v Dandies - 25/11/20

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Nope. Just nope. There was no need to play direct, crap football. The same defensive midfielders played around the opposition at will for most of the first half. Second half we went long at every opportunity.

Really poor from Derek waiting until the last 15 minutes to change things. No excuse for that.

What options did he have? Edmondson on earlier maybe but McGinn on the advice of the medical team has maybe only got 15 minutes on him. SFA procedures for Covid has hurt us badly in midfield.  

1 minute ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

I'm aware of the irony. 

Still stand by what I've said. 

‘Proof’ that we won’t finish 3rd? Not sure how you can support that one. We’ve beaten the team in 4th comfortably twice now and even in record points seasons we’ve put in some dreadful performances like that one. Add in that were missing the core of the team that got us here and your argument doesn’t stack up. 

it’s been a shite night, we move on. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hmmmm. 

The reason that players such as Leigh, Ojo, Main and even Campbell are so limited is that they are unable to react quickly enough to changing circumstances. 

Ferguson and McCrorie grab a game by the scruff of the neck and in general dictate play. That's why they'll go far as (probably) international footballers while the likes of Leigh are enjoying the likes of Alloa and Arbroath. 

Our reserves are the shame drivel who couldn't put in a performance for almost 16 months. We had no choice but to play them tonight, sadly. 

Leigh has more senior international caps than McCrorie and Ferguson combined.

Campbell is not a limited footballer. For most games the past year Ferguson has played a similar role. It's what Derek likes from one of his centre midfielders. See Ryan Jack. Campbell played well for the most part then obviously tired.

Ojo and Main I'll give you. I'll never get my head around the Main signing.

9 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

He's done ?

What do you think he should have done?

As neat and tidy as Campbell is, he doesn’t strike me as a player who is going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and really drive his team on. That’s ok.

But Ojo is exactly the same and having both of them anchoring the midfield at a low tempo left us void of any threatening thrust from centre mid tonight. We had so few options though.

I thought both Main and Cosgrove were as poor as anyone tonight. They never combined once and between them I think they only managed one attempt at goal (Cosgrove off the post).

A bright start, a goal, then hit the post.

The remaining viewing was the equivalent of a sleeping tablet. 

Billy Dodds slavers some crap. Good performance? Was a pedestrian performance with little or no creativity (after the bright start).  Too many players in the same 11 not played many minutes this year and it showed.

1 minute ago, bpdon said:

As neat and tidy as Campbell is, he doesn’t strike me as a player who is going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and really drive his team on. That’s ok.

But Ojo is exactly the same and having both of them anchoring the midfield at a low tempo left us void of any threatening thrust from centre mid tonight. We had so few options though.

Yeah, I think that's a fair point. Ojo and Campbell are quite similar players - I don't rate Campbell as highly yet as some do, but I can see the value in developing a young player with, hopefully, a relatively high ceiling. This is probably about as good as Ojo is going to get, and he is clearly not good enough - the epitome of a nothing player. Fine when he's stroking the ball around under no real pressure, but never going to be the guy to drive the team on from the middle when we are pegged back, like in the second half tonight. That's not even necessarily his fault, but it does further highlight that the fall off from Ferguson, McCrorie and to a lesser extent McGeouch to the likes of Ojo and Campbell (and even Leigh when he is played in there) is currently significant. 

We really lack mobility and movement in the final third, too. Watkins and Wright are big misses. Cosgrove is generally good and Main has shown that he just about has his uses in some circumstances, but it's hardly the basis for a dynamic partnership. I'm far from convinced that Edmondson is the answer yet either. 

38 minutes ago, betting competition said:

What options did he have? Edmondson on earlier maybe but McGinn on the advice of the medical team has maybe only got 15 minutes on him. SFA procedures for Covid has hurt us badly in midfield.  

Edmondson should have been on for Main long before he was. 

Kennedy had a shocker. Logan or Hernandez should have been on for him. He didn't beat his man once. His crossing and passing were off it all night.

46 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Can I just shock you? I like Accies being in the top flight, despite what I've been saying for the past seven years.

S01E01-f85Qyofk.jpg.85bff0b33a93cd65292aadb43c8ae232.jpg

I like Accies as well!  They're in the league on merit.  

I often get the fear when Ash Taylor has to play at NDP.  

I still remember the humbling we got about 6 years ago.

Well done Accies, deserved the point and could have nicked all three.

Yours

aDONis

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Awful result. 

More proof that we won't finish 3rd. 

You can't assemble a squad of this size and still fail to beat a team as poor as Accies. Yet, year after year, our wage bill increases and what do we have to show for it? 

Pisses me off that we can't capitalise on the position Celtic are in. 

And people are calling Celtic supporters bedwetters.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Awful result. 

You can't assemble a squad of this size and still fail to beat a team as poor as Accies. Yet, year after year, our wage bill increases and what do we have to show for it? 

Pisses me off that we can't capitalise on the position Celtic are in. 

Jesus. I assume you cut and pasted that from Hibs.net after last night?

Fitba fans are the ficklest of fickle fuckers. Accies are no mugs and you had loads of players out.

The chance of overtaking Celtic was slim anyway - their wage bill for their reserve/squad fillers is probably larger than your first team squad.

It's a point, move on.

2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

We are in third place.

We have beaten the most likely challengers for 3rd twice so far.

We have a large collection of our best players absent at the moment- but hopefully we'll see most of them back soon.

Not sure this proves anything other than our squad depth perhaps isn't actually as great as it's been made out to be by some.

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Liam MacLeod..."that save from Lewis has denied Accies a famous victory".

It's a league game at home FFS ya walloper.

To be fair, he's an Aberdeen fan.

They have quite a habit of calling things famous when they're objectively not.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Our B team is fucking rank. 

Just in case nobody was aware of that. 

It was our first choice back 3 that ambled casually towards the ball for the equaliser. 

2 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Is Derek McInnes the biggest under achiever in Scottish football?

No, he's about 5'9". I think Craig Levein's like 6'2" or something. 

Just watched it again on Sportscene.

It looked like the defence tried to play offside at the free kick for the equaliser and also looks like they succeeded with it.

Considering that linesman couldn’t keep his flag down in the first half, how does he miss that?

Still, just clearing it would have made more sense.