Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Depends in what feeling, it won't be a popular opinion within Kirkcaldy but there's only been a few seasons in my time supporting the pars where they've had the upper hand, it's not a terribly even rivalry where we're always swapping over. 

Been watching the Rovers since the 80s and my sense of the rivalry is that on balance the Pars probably just have the edge in results over that time, mostly due to always being the bigger team and having greater resources available. But there hasn’t really been any periods of total dominance from either side, certainly not on the scale of how Hearts bossed Hibs for years. Rovers always conjure up a win here and there even in the bad years. The head to head record has definitely been helped by being in different leagues during our really desperate periods. This is just from memory so every chance I could be just over remembering wins and blanking out the misery. 

Enjoyed yesterday. Two good teams, looking forward to the return at East End in a few weeks 

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Been watching the Rovers since the 80s and my sense of the rivalry is that on balance the Pars probably just have the edge in results over that time, mostly due to always being the bigger team and having greater resources available. But there hasn’t really been any periods of total dominance from either side, certainly not on the scale of how Hearts bossed Hibs for years. Rovers always conjure up a win here and there even in the bad years. The head to head record has definitely been helped by being in different leagues during our really desperate periods. This is just from memory so every chance I could be just over remembering wins and blanking out the misery. 

Enjoyed yesterday. Two good teams, looking forward to the return at East End in a few weeks 

Ah, I was meaning more in the sense that during my time supporting the Pars (since 99) I think Raith have finished above us four times, although as you say when we are in the same tier the games are close, I think the largest winning margin I've seen from either team is 3? And the head to head record over the years must be close. 

I've came full circle on the Derby, originally I preferred the Falkirk game, I think that was due to me not seing a Fife Derby for 10 years, however I much prefer the Fife derbies now. 

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ah, I was meaning more in the sense that during my time supporting the Pars (since 99) I think Raith have finished above us four times, although as you say when we are in the same tier the games are close, I think the largest winning margin I've seen from either team is 3? And the head to head record over the years must be close. 

I've came full circle on the Derby, originally I preferred the Falkirk game, I think that was due to me not seing a Fife Derby for 10 years, however I much prefer the Fife derbies now. 

The only time Raith have finished above us this millennium was last season. I'm amazed Raith have finished above Dunfermline 4 times in that time period. I think Falkirk vs Dunfermline games are great when both teams are strong. I think a championship title contest between Falkirk and Dunfermline would make those games excellent. 

14 minutes ago, MS RR said:

The only time Raith have finished above us this millennium was last season. I'm amazed Raith have finished above Dunfermline 4 times in that time period. I think Falkirk vs Dunfermline games are great when both teams are strong. I think a championship title contest between Falkirk and Dunfermline would make those games excellent. 

Rovers finished above Falkirk in the 2010/11 season.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Criticism of the Rovers defence at the second goal is harsh, it's a delightful bit of play from Dow, digging the cross out behind McManus means the defenders can't get to it either. 

We had two players out on the left hand side that should have shut out the opportunity to cross.

we didn’t and McManus did produce an explosive finish

25 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Fair enough, I'm amazed you finished 2nd that year

Not the football I would like to play, but it was very effective for Rovers in getting results. It was two opposites at the top of the table that year. Our football was sensual nearly every single game. We didn't help ourselves by throwing away games we should have won, and probably should have won a few games we stupidly drew, but Rovers finished above you as they were better...and you had Pressley in charge (lol)

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not the football I would like to play, but it was very effective for Rovers in getting results. It was two opposites at the top of the table that year. Our football was sensual nearly every single game. We didn't help ourselves by throwing away games we should have won, and probably should have won a few games we stupidly drew, but Rovers finished above you as they were better...and you had Pressley in charge (lol)

You can remember that season much better than me. I do remember Dunfermline running away with it and our fans losing it with Pressley. The funny thing is, that season and Pressley was a hell of a lot better than recent seasons. At that time I thought finishing 3rd in the championship was a rotten season for us, how wrong could I be. 

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

Fair enough, I'm amazed you finished 2nd that year

Me too. If it wasn’t for the late season collapse we could have won it.

That season and 2015/16 apart we’ve just made up the numbers most years in the Championship/First Division.

You can remember that season much better than me. I do remember Dunfermline running away with it and our fans losing it with Pressley. The funny thing is, that season and Pressley was a hell of a lot better than recent seasons. At that time I thought finishing 3rd in the championship was a rotten season for us, how wrong could I be. 

I went to the majority of games that season. It was a good one for us obviously. Rovers had the simple but effective “big man/wee man” combo up top with Tade and Baird.

Jim McIntyre realised we needed the experience to take us over the line and give us the edge. That’s what happened with Hardie and Rutkiewicz, whilst also making a luxury signing in Liam Buchanan.

Don’t think it’s being tight it’s, quite rightly, feeling fleeced when you charge £12 every other game. You won’t see us charging any more or less than £12 for games this season. Just typical right-wing Tory Rovers though. Always been the same and I hope they go bust from the amount of Pars fans that will be spending their hard-earned £2 on better things, like 2 packets of peanut butter Kit-Kat Chunkies.
Two packs. Ffs two four packs more likely [emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, MS RR said:

We went into admin and spent 3 years in the seaside league

Enjoyed the game yesterday.  We had an excellent first half and the last ten minutes of the second half. To be honest would have taken the draw before the game can't say that Dunfermline are any better than us but considering we just came up from lower league well done 😀