Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Good game to watch and a very good advert for the Scottish Championship. Raith controlled the midfield for the majority of the game, with Hendry & Matthews quality way above their Pars counterparts. Tait although an outstanding prospect, for the second game in a row has shown real naivety with his off the ball positioning & play and wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested next Friday. If Pars are meant to be the best of the rest, then we should have no fears about trying to push for a promotion playoff place on that evidence, especially if Lewy is back in the New Year. Real positives to be taken from today for the future ahead.

Saddest thing today was one, buzzing off the goals but not getting that real euphoria. Then two, being disappointed at the goals, but not having that real gut punch feeling. Just can’t get the emotions (good and bad) that we all live off and make football what it is when watching on the tele. 

Thought we played in flashes, but we were off it today. Got to say that a lot of that was to do with Rovers. Cut Dow and Thomas out the game and have  a few really good talents themselves. Tait, Hendry are really good and Duku was a pain. The boy Masaunda? Look a good centre back too.

I think OFW is another below standard GK. We really have struggled in this area for a few years now.

Delighted with a point considering.

Rovers are contenders for the play-offs with that team.

Edited by Chubbychops

Was wondering where Kallum Higginbotham was playing his football these days.Last time I saw him playing for the Pars @ Cappielow he was on fire...I rated him.

Surprised to find out he now plays for Kelty Hearts along with former Morton mid Michael Tidser.

Even more surprised to discover he had a spell with Davie Robertson's 'REAL KASHMIR!'

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Was wondering where Kallum Higginbotham was playing his football these days.Last time I saw him playing for the Pars @ Cappielow he was on fire...I rated him.

Surprised to find out he now plays for Kelty Hearts along with former Morton mid Michael Tidser.

Even more surprised to discover he had a spell with Davie Robertson's 'REAL KASHMIR!'

He was featured in the second part of the (excellent) documentary. If it's still on iPlayer then it's definitely worth a watch.

Edited by DA Baracus

A draw was probably about right. The Pars always looked like they had a goal in them and in all honesty I think they seemed to settle for a point at 2-2 when they might have sneaked the win. 

From our point of view that was a big improvement on the no-show up at Inverness and on another day we could've scored another couple. 

With the results of the bottom 3 or 4 teams all going our way it's hard to be too disappointed.

Not sure I would be so pragmatic if I'd been at the game right enough. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

It’s a good point especially at 2-0 down.  Far from our best but rovers are a good side,  possibly the best we have played. I’d be surprised if they aren’t in the playoffs.

Comrie showed his class coming on and will surely start next week.  Hopefully Whittaker can be fit enough to come in for Wilson.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

2 ex-Rovers doing the damage. Wonder how many of our ex-players have ended up at Dunfermline over the years.

Still, could be worse. Rovers still playing well and picking up points.

It was Fraser Murray, not Euan, that scored their first. 

I wouldn’t play Wilson tbh. Although I think he definitely has something about him, he gives away possession far too cheaply. Whittaker should replace him when he is fit or even play Fraser Murray in the middle with McInroy having a more defensive roll.

Starks is a terribly difficult place at times for us, so to come away with a draw is very pleasing indeed after being 2-0 down. Signs of how good this team is even when we were brutal (definitely the worst we have played all season by a distance)

Got to be disappointed not to have won the game having been 2 up and the better team over the 90 

A few dunfermline supporters claiming they were poor but thats  credit to our players for making them look that way

Edited by Rovers_Lad