Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Guest Axle Grease
17 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You've spent all afternoon talkin pish

So what, still got 2 doors hung, skirting done, set up ma Christmas projector and still had time to see us plsying shite but still getting the point 😂😂😂😂

Also, good steam by Rovers other than missing the second goal live. Liked the replays for the most part, good to have a second angle (don't think we do which is unusual as we have several cameras set up for our highlights) and the commentators were decent other than thr annoying habit of using first names and nicknames for some of the home players (I still don't know who "Lars" is, although I did gather he is German and on loan from Livingston").

You must’ve not been listening properly, the guys said his second name several times.

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Fair result although having gone 2-0 up it teels like a bit of a capitulation. We were the better team the first half, the Pars dominated the second. Absolute stick on that McManus would score. Ah well, still third in the league and 9 points clear of relegation. Bring on the Ayr. 

No chance rovers will be anywhere near the relation battle this season. Should be in with a chance of a play off spot. (The good play offs)

Pars, Ayr, Inverness, Dundee and Rovers with 3 places up for grabs. 

Poor performance from us today. One of the worst we've put in this season in fact.

Therefore pretty happy to come away with a point.

Garbage defending from us for the Raith goals, but two good strikes for ours.

Raith controlled most of the match and we looked off it with most of the team having an off day. Think they'll do fine this season. Was impressed by Duku. Looks like a decent find.

We need to cut out performances like today if we have any ambition of staying up near the top of the league.

Genuinely didn’t turn up today IMO. We do that quite often at Starks and get well beaten. Yet, we’ve came away with a draw. Total robbery tbh. We take the point and move on. Hopefully a slight blip in performance and we can get back to normal next weekend against Morton. When the fixtures were announced I was actually very wary about playing at Starks more than at home. Thank f**k it’s the opposite with Morton. We very rarely put on a performance at Cappielow. Comrie has to start from now on. Massive player for us.

Unlike the ICT game, our midfield was really back in it today. If Dunfermline looked like they were having an off day, a good bit of credit belongs to the Rovers midfield for a reasonably dominant performance.

Undoubted quality in that Dunfermline team though. 

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We've absolutely stolen a point there, delighted with it. Two great goals from us but the two conceded were nothing short of laughable. Nobody picking up their absolute unit Duku? Really? f**k sake. Both goals showing Williams up for the flappy shitehawk that he is. Charlotte Church's gorgeous diddies should be ahead of him in goals for Wales. 

Rovers much the better team, really impressed with them actually. Some great football, just lacking a bit of critical movement in the final third. Every single Rovers team I can remember has been a bunch of absolute hammer throwers and duffs. This one actually looks like a good team and it's plain to see why they've already scored around 80 goals this season. 

For us, Dow had a big second half in the middle. Really showed a great work rate and how good a player he is. Comrie also showing he's fucking  tremendous at full back. Not impressed with anyone else though, maybe Edwards as he had a tough shift and did well. Turner wasn't given time to do his thing, McManus just letting attack after attack fizzle out often enough. 

When McGlynn came back pretty much everyone thought we'd revert back to being the same old: an industrious long ball team who would be able to win promotion and hopefully get stability in the Championship. He's built his team around Regan Hendry and has done brilliantly in the transfer market to bring in some cracking talents both from other clubs  along with giving youngsters like Bowie and Tait a chance. 

John Baird said last season that he told the team at Forfar before we played them we'd be hammer throwers and we passed them off the park (until Hendry got an ACL injury). It's been a pleasure to watch and it's been completely out of the blue. I really feel that Dylan Tait has a huge future ahead of him. He's only just turned 19 and we've extended his contract through to 2024 but I think he'll be gone well before that. If we can get a deal similar to or for more than we did with Bowie it wouldn't surprise me. He was our best midfielder today imo. 

It took Mcglynn time to clear out Smiths shite but we've been building for a couple of seasons now. 

Long way to go, but I'd be mortified to be involved with anything at the bottom given what I've seen so far. Mid table would do me fine. Dunfermline and ICT are where we should be aspiring to be in a couple of seasons time, happy for Mcglynn to build towards that in a methodical way. 

Guest Axle Grease
23 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Good point that considering Raith were by far the better team.
OFW should need to walk home after that performance, in the words of Roy Keane - “ I wouldn’t let him on the bus”

He still had a couple of decent saves. I wouldnt be too harsh on the guy. The whole team performance wasn't great. 

Guest Axle Grease
3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

You have to do all that work at the hostel? Ah well keeps you off the streets. 

I own the streets, away and wrap your own presents you've bought for yourself 👍👍👍

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It took Mcglynn time to clear out Smiths shite but we've been building for a couple of seasons now. 

Long way to go, but I'd be mortified to be involved with anything at the bottom given what I've seen so far. Mid table would do me fine. Dunfermline and ICT are where we should be aspiring to be in a couple of seasons time, happy for Mcglynn to build towards that in a methodical way. 

I'd be astounded if we're near the bottom but form can be a funny thing. Completely agree with you about looking to push on to the level of Caley and Dunfermline. I don't think we're far away from it but the issue we'll have it keeping the players we do have. Duku will almost certainly be away in the Summer and I'd imagine he'll just be the tip of the iceberg. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be astounded if we're near the bottom but form can be a funny thing. Completely agree with you about looking to push on to the level of Caley and Dunfermline. I don't think we're far away from it but the issue we'll have it keeping the players we do have. Duku will almost certainly be away in the Summer and I'd imagine he'll just be the tip of the iceberg. 

Pretty sure Hendry and Tait will be sold too. Hendry is definitely too good for this league 

No we don't.

Yes, we do.

Whenever we don’t play the way we normally do and let Rovers have it their own way, we get well beat. 3-0 in the cup couple seasons ago. 2-0 the last time they were in the league. 2-0 defeats when we won the league. We never turned up those games and were beaten well. The other games in that time though? Bar one draw, I think, we ground out good victories.

36 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

No chance rovers will be anywhere near the relation battle this season. Should be in with a chance of a play off spot. (The good play offs)

Pars, Ayr, Inverness, Dundee and Rovers with 3 places up for grabs. 

I’d probably say Hearts have an outside shot at them too if they can start picking up points against the likes of Alloa.