Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Anyone missing pars  first league game against the wee team in 4 years on the best start to a season in years for the sake of ‘principle’ or £2 is on one 

You probably need to walk that back. Rovers pushing the price up when they know, or should do at least, that you can easily watch the game for free is pretty daft, and isn’t a good look.

This is golden Scottish football thinking, the logic is magnificent.  Youre not paying £14 to watch your team in the derby where going by the facebook advert you're getting; multiple cameras, in game replays, half time interview with an ex player and a chat board to help with any log in problems cos it's up £2. You will however pay £12 to watch 2 teams you dont support on a pixellot stream from the club who offered pars fans absolutely awful service when you visited. 
The highlights from that game induced motion sickness. 
To be fair to Alloa their service is now fine, basic but watchable, I paid (because my team wasnt playing) to watch their Hearts game, was it value for £12? Well it was no better than Elgin TV or the Blue Brazil TV output both of which are cheaper. 

I'm spending my money where I see fit. Clubs need money during this pandemic so I'm helping out one that's not greedy. I never claimed money back for the pixelot fiasco the last time as I knew very well that they need the cash.

RR are supplying the same production they did for other games, so the cost base would be the same so your point is moot. RR must think Pars fans are buttoned up the back to not see they are being fleeced.

Did League 1 teams bump up the price when the mighty Rovers came visiting? Doubt it. Found League 1 were happy enough to have a larger away support attending when we were there. Falkirk don't even do this snidey nonsense.

The wee team have blotted their copy book with this stunt, during a pandemic too, I'll watch what they do with their other home game with interest.

All these comments suggesting DAFC will bump up the price for EEP fixture are fake news too.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Ach, I think you're overstating how  we are and how poor Raith are, Raith can be a good team, as shown when you absolutely thumped Queens, as can we. However both teams can be poor. 

Your point is absolutely true. Raith werent even that magic when they thumped us either. They played well, esp 1st half, and deserved their win but we defended appallingly that day and it could still have finished 5-5 without a massive leap. 

Having seen both teams I think Dunfermline are the better, and have the far deeper squad, but it certainly wouldnt be a big shock if Raith won. 

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

from the Pars fans is beyond parody. For now, it what it is.

I love the thought process that it's just pars fans complaining, why is there not Raith fans replying to the other Raith fans complaining about them being "minterific" or some other beige patter? There's been plenty, literally loads of Raiths fans saying it's absolutely shite patter but you've had the absolute brain donors of PnB ike this guy make out it's just pars fans complaining, why? Fire up a reply to a Raith fan saying its shite, mix it up. Make it seem like you're actually thinking about the issue rather than the team. 

The basic issue here is tiered pricing, which it seems is probably the way forward. I don’t like it, but I understand it. An announcement at the beginning of the season that certain games would be £14 vice £12 would have been smart, or if the reason is, as some have suggested, due to additional costs at Raith TV to accommodate increased viewership, announcing that would remove much of the sting. As it is, I’d like to see the BoD reverse course and drop the price to £12.

Not a fan of tiered pricing so would have preferred the club to have kept a consistent price all season. That said, the Raith TV service is head and shoulders above anything else I’ve watched this season so the price they have set isn’t unreasonable and represents good value for money. 

Anyway, hope McGlynn gets the Rovers team back on form and get the win. McManus an absolute certainty to score against though. 

I love the thought process that it's just pars fans complaining, why is there not Raith fans replying to the other Raith fans complaining about them being "minterific" or some other beige patter? There's been plenty, literally loads of Raiths fans saying it's absolutely shite patter but you've had the absolute brain donors of PnB ike this guy make out it's just pars fans complaining, why? Fire up a reply to a Raith fan saying its shite, mix it up. Make it seem like you're actually thinking about the issue rather than the team. 

It was mintastic you big beige midden.

Pretty shitty from the club this pricing.

Can any Rovers fan say they would happily pay more to watch us play at East End than fans of the other 8 clubs have had to pay to watch their fixtures in Dunfermline?

Or imagine the reactions in here if we had still been in league 1and East Fife had done this for our games. 

I wonder if whoever came up with this foolishness has any idea how easy it is to watch a free stream. It seems probable that the price increase will actually see the stream make less money than if they had just left it at £12.

The out cry on here over 2 quid is quite sensational, well played to all involved.

To the game, just fucking win! Will be on the virtual day out in the home bar.

Also looking forward to seeing folks cardboard cut outs, I know they’ll probably be shite and it’s a total novelty, but still a decent wee initiative. £25, wonder what % the club will get of that - if any.

I've found that Google Chrome is the best browser for Raith TV streams. Some of the others tend to buffer. subpar fans should be delighted that we are treating them as a "big" club not many others do. Rovers fans remember donate a ticket & your 50/50's.

Reading and comprehension never really were your strong points Grant. I never said it was only Pars fans complaining, indeed I acknowledged in the same few lines that the club's position on the issue was wrong. The reference particular to Pars fans complaints relates to their "principled" whining whilst many in the same breath boast they will instead watch streams which are not strictly legal. And this from supporters least well positioned to assume moral high ground over any other fans on money matters. Hence, beyond parody. Did you pass English at school or are you still being taught?

As for the game, hard to tell. We were flying before the Inverness game, and it's important not to let that defeat cloud things. They are a good side with a very good manager. 

That said, it served as a reminder that we have made a step up this season. They were the first side frankly that looked any better than those we faced last season, and I would expect no less from Dunfermline. 

A draw would be a good result for us, in all honesty, when you consider what our season is likely to be all about. 

9 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus, can we move on? We get it . It's not a good look and hasn't been explained, but the moralistic knicker wringing from the Pars fans is beyond parody. For now, it what it is.

Asks everyone to move on, then slags off the opposition fans.

What a fucking moron.

22 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Reading and comprehension never really were your strong points Grant. I never said it was only Pars fans complaining, indeed I acknowledged in the same few lines that the club's position on the issue was wrong. The reference particular to Pars fans complaints relates to their "principled" whining whilst many in the same breath boast they will instead watch streams which are not strictly legal. And this from supporters least well positioned to assume moral high ground over any other fans on money matters. Hence, beyond parody. Did you pass English at school or are you still being taught?

What have Dunfermline fans done relating to money matters that makes them unable to comment on them compared to any other fans?