Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

4 poor goals defensively

They aren’t great but I think people need to remember this is Scottish Championship.   Whilst both teams would want to improve their is nothing especially out the ordinary about the defending.  These goals wouldn’t look out of place on any highlights package this season.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They aren’t great but I think people need to remember this is Scottish Championship.   Whilst both teams would want to improve their is nothing especially out the ordinary about the defending.  These goals wouldn’t look out of place on any highlights package this season.

TBF these  goals wouldn,t look out of place in junior or even amateur leagues 

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Really weird derby game. Obviously, you'd expect the ground to have been bouncing at 2-0 and 2-2 respectively. But what struck me was that after we'd chucked our two goal lead, Dunfermline looked like they went "Aye, that'll do for today" and didn't really show anything else.

It was probably the most even Fife derby I've seen: over the years I've seen Dunfermline utterly throttle us with the likes of Gibson, Cardle and Bell. We've had our fair share of wins where we've played well and the Pars haven't showed up. Both today both teams were quite comfortable passing the ball about. We were unlucky not to score more given we hit the woodwork twice but the Pars were unlucky with the chances which came up. 

Both Pars goals were very good efforts. 

This post matches the best for what I thought of the game, for all the posts about us being awful, and Raith now cemebting themselves as certified playoff challengers I thought it was game where realistically we learned little. 

For the most part the teams cancelled each other out, from open play Raith were restricted from long shots and punts, we looked pretty in possession but often flattered to deceive. 

Even when we went 2-0 down I commented that it was just an unjust scoreline and so it proved, it was the most typical draw you would ever seen, with two teams cancelling each other out. 

1 hour ago, Maverick_- said:

I think Raith are just a bit too small and insignificant to make it anything serious. Yes it's a derby but I think you're lying to yourself if you're saying the fife derby holds more meaning than Falkirk vs Dunfermline.

Depends in what feeling, it won't be a popular opinion within Kirkcaldy but there's only been a few seasons in my time supporting the pars where they've had the upper hand, it's not a terribly even rivalry where we're always swapping over. 

Watched the highlights there, absolutely no idea who’s suppose to be marking Duku at our first goal, laughable defending. McInroy seems to be closest to him initially but does literally nothing to stay with him. Second goal OFW comes for a cross he is never getting anywhere near, leaving him wildly out of position and unable to recover to save Musonda’s header in time.

The Dunfermline goals are similarly bad bits of defending. As I thought at the time, Tumilty does no where near enough to show Murray down the line and then as RATM noted, I think Jamie MacDonald probably saves it if Musonda doesn’t insight him, as it’s not really in the corner. McManus’ volley is a thing of beauty, fantastic connection but both of our centre halves are less than a yard away from him, and it’s not as if McManus does any sort of clever movement to find the space, they simply don’t mark him. Dow also beats Tait and Ross Matthews so easily and allows him a free run into the box to provide the cross.

Pretty sure both sides will be sitting through copious match analysis when they get back in on Monday.

I thought that today. Even if either team lost 5-0. Would it hurt as much without fans there? Probably not.

Maybe a dramatic statement but I get what you mean. The fans would have let the players know exactly how they felt had the game finished 2-0 to either team, but without the fans there they probably would have just trudged off but not actually been that bothered in comparison to 2000 people hounding them for being shite.

I also thought if fans had been there we could well have gone on to scored a third, can imagine the home fans would have been silent and the atmosphere in the away end would have been immense. Could say the same for the game at 2-0 so it works both ways I suppose.

I’m no even really making a point here, I just really fucking want to go to the football again.

Does look like a fould on O'Hara at the end, the defender made contact with O'Hara's back rather than side on. McManus'  volley was fantastic.  I didnt expect to come back from 2-0 down given that we hadnt tested the Raith keeper for over an hour.

10 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

See the source image

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Away and noise up Alloa or Stenhousemuir or something.

I really don't see what he said that was so controversial, everything said was accurate, maybe I'm missing something 🤔

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

WTF were Dunfermline upto at the first Raith goal? :lol:

Think Mayo was meant to be marking him but f**k knows where he went.

Mayo has been played out of position at right back as Comrie had been out for a few weeks but still doesn't excuse the schooboy marking.

Mayo’s positioning the whole time he was on the pitch was frighteningly bad. Really poor and 100% at fault for the 1st goal. OFW should be doing better with it as well: it’s right at him but he’s already kinda on his way down so no surprise it’s fell straight to Duku. Really basic stuff. You never let the danger man get an inch. We gifted him the full solar system with that goal. Comrie walks straight back in the team now.

2nd is another defensive calamity. OFW is caught in no-man’s land for the initial cross gifting Musonda an exceptionally generous amount of space to target the ball. Regardless of that, he should be keeping it out. It isn’t hit with pace or anything. He’s 100% made an arse of it.

Really surprised we never went gung-ho after getting the 2nd tbh. We had all our danger men on the pitch to hurt them but decided to just settle for the draw.