Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

As I said previously, you could understand it if it was in the flesh, what with stewarding, more staff probably having to work for the bigger crowd etc. It's a live stream, which won't be Sky Sports levels of HD either. If it was us, they'd be foaming at the mouth and their keyboard degrees in economics would be straight out declaring us "cheats" and the like. More faces than the ugly Kirkcaldy town clock.
DAFC. Even in the flesh there is no need to increase costs at the gate. The more fans generate the need for more stewards. Ticketing a match can allow accurate stewarding costs and they can budgets for such things as food kiosks. I find tiered pricing disgusting tbh.

35 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I suspect a lot will see it without paying anything now.

I suspect that was always going to be the case, regardless of price.

Edited by renton

4 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

£2? No, it's literally a four figure sum assuming 500-4999 pars fans bought your feed. Anyways I'll be over on the Alloa v Ayr thread for the build up to the game I'm watching instead.

This is golden Scottish football thinking, the logic is magnificent.  Youre not paying £14 to watch your team in the derby where going by the facebook advert you're getting; multiple cameras, in game replays, half time interview with an ex player and a chat board to help with any log in problems cos it's up £2. You will however pay £12 to watch 2 teams you dont support on a pixellot stream from the club who offered pars fans absolutely awful service when you visited. 

The highlights from that game induced motion sickness. 

To be fair to Alloa their service is now fine, basic but watchable, I paid (because my team wasnt playing) to watch their Hearts game, was it value for £12? Well it was no better than Elgin TV or the Blue Brazil TV output both of which are cheaper. 

51 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Very principled. 🤔 

Yeah. Saw someone using a shop analogy earlier, it's essentially the same as stealing something in a huff because the price went up. All about the principle of course. 

50 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

I'm sure there will still be plenty folk on both sides that will buy the stream I wouldn't look too much into the opinion of a few townies who spend half of their lives on P&B.

True.

Nice to see the tight Scotsman stereotype is alive and well in Dunfermline.
2-0 Rovers. One goal for every pound the Pars fans feel overcharged for.

Don’t think it’s being tight it’s, quite rightly, feeling fleeced when you charge £12 every other game. You won’t see us charging any more or less than £12 for games this season. Just typical right-wing Tory Rovers though. Always been the same and I hope they go bust from the amount of Pars fans that will be spending their hard-earned £2 on better things, like 2 packets of peanut butter Kit-Kat Chunkies.

Nice to see the tight Scotsman stereotype is alive and well in Dunfermline.

2-0 Rovers. One goal for every pound the Pars fans feel overcharged for.

Aside from the obvious wind up merchants on both side there are plenty fans of both teams who recognise how poor a decision this is.

To be honest I work from home and I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of sitting in my bedroom 5 days a week 8 hours a day at my PC never mind paying nearly 2 months worth of Netflix payments to spend another 2 hours in that fucking computer chair. F**k that and f**k the Rovers.

9 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Frankie and Bene need to have a stand out game if we’ve got any shot.

Could see us losing by a couple - free shot and these aren’t the games that are going to see us safely mid-table.

Ach, I think you're overstating how  we are and how poor Raith are, Raith can be a good team, as shown when you absolutely thumped Queens, as can we. However both teams can be poor. 

There's not half as much between the teams as made out, if one or the other performs to their best they'll win. 

3 hours ago, maronforgan said:

Anyone missing pars  first league game against the wee team in 4 years on the best start to a season in years for the sake of ‘principle’ or £2 is on one 

I get your point, but that's the drama, the Raith board have seen that then raised the prices accordingly. 

30 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Aside from the obvious wind up merchants on both side there are plenty fans of both teams who recognise how poor a decision this is.

To be honest I work from home and I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of sitting in my bedroom 5 days a week 8 hours a day at my PC never mind paying nearly 2 months worth of Netflix payments to spend another 2 hours in that fucking computer chair. F**k that and f**k the Rovers.

You not watching the game then?