Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Paying 0p in the £1 for a product. How very Dunfermline FC.

My conscience is clear, cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Those are the league rules under Covid - 19 streaming.

So teams are getting half, less the vat of the 18 pound that Hearts are charging for there stream which costs more to produce? I've not seen that mentioned anywhere and I don't really beleive it tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

My conscience is clear, cheers.

I just find it amusing that the Pars fans have gone full ‘boycott’ and talk of “exploitation” over a difference in price to the value of, what? A McDonald’s cheeseburger? A can of juice and a couple of bags of crisps? I’ve checked, you can’t even buy peanuts for £2...

4AB57125-1578-47A6-BE2C-5CB73417977C.thumb.jpeg.f7c972db36707622b92a371bb61fd933.jpeg

Edited by Enigma

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

So teams are getting half, less the vat of the 18 pound that Hearts are charging for there stream which costs more to produce? I've not seen that mentioned anywhere and I don't really beleive it tbh. 

Home team gets 57.5% after VAT, visitors get 42.5%.

Edited by TxRover

I've probably missed it somewhere in the last 14 pages but have the club tried to justify why they are suddenly putting the PPV price up for the Pars game, its not like we have any extra costs to incur? The only thing I can think of is the increased traffic to the site because of who we are playing but even then I'm not sure that would make any difference.

Edited by mrpaddyx

I,m old enough to remember Pillans the baker (alas no more)who sold the best pies and rolls
Stephens steak bridies are decent but are trumped big time by the Butcher shop in Kinghorn aptly named The Butcher shop and Mimicks on Overcoat Road sell a very good steak bridie and pie as well
Best rolls,Baynes

Pillans pies - yummy!

Do you actually need it spelled out for you why this is a minter from your club? Are you that dense?

Bit pat shan to increase the price. I’ve got the season pass personally so not arsed but poor form IMO.

That said couple of townies near greeting over 2 bar is a minter.

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

No they don’t. I’m a season ticket holder and I’m happy enough for the club to get the money. I don’t want a rebate or anything cause I’m a superfan.

For me, £10 to £12 for punters was about right. More than that seems expensive. 

That's your opinion though, and it's one I personally have, but not everybody will feel the same.

A season ticket isn't a charitable donation, its a product and is meant to give the customer value over and above paying standard walk up prices. The club need people to fork up hundreds of pounds upfront every summer, and I personally don't think it would be a good look if it ended up that season ticket holders were out of pocket vs walk up fans. Bearing in mind people were asked to fork up £200 quid upfront after raising £100k during the Spring and Summer. 

That assumes fans won't be back this season of course and every game will be behind closed doors, but that is a possibility. Some clubs will need to be fluid with pricing as the pandemic progresses and id imagine the lack of clarity around fans coming back will have made forecasting and budgeting a nightmare. I presume all of that was done with some fans coming back relatively soon, and that is completely unknown. It's great and commendable that Hearts and Dunfermline are keeping their prices the same, but Dunfermline for example have had the benefit of significant changes at boardroom level to put the club on a sounder footing. 

Tiered pricing happens all the time in football, however the club should have made this clearer at the start of the season. Or adjusted the relevant pricing at the outset to reflect this. At best it's a bit of a haphazard approach, and at worst it's just profiteering. Neither personality bother me and certainly won't if Dunfermline return the favour, but this is something that could have been handled better. 

Edited by CALDERON

That's your opinion though, and it's one I personally have, but not everybody will feel the same.
A season ticket isn't a charitable donation, its a product and is meant to give the customer value over and above paying standard walk up prices. The club need people to fork up hundreds of pounds upfront every summer, and I personally don't think it would be a good look if it ended up that season ticket holders were out of pocket vs walk up fans. Bearing in mind people were asked to fork up £200 quid upfront after raising £100k during the Spring and Summer. 
That assumes fans won't be back this season of course and every game will be behind closed doors, but that is a possibility. 
Tiered pricing happens all the time in football, however the club should have made this clearer at the start of the season. Or adjusted the relevant pricing at the outset to reflect this. At best it's a bit of a haphazard approach, and at worst it's just profiteering. Neither personality bother me and certainly won't if Dunfermline return the favour, but this is something that could have been handled better. 

A season ticket WAS a charitable donation in the case of Dunfermline Athletic fans who accepted that it WOULD be cheaper to buy PPV on a pay as you go basis but bought the ticket anyway. That’s how I treated it.

1 minute ago, Black and White Tragic said:

A season ticket WAS a charitable donation in the case of Dunfermline Athletic fans who accepted that it WOULD be cheaper to buy PPV on a pay as you go basis but bought the ticket anyway. That’s how I treated it.

That's great and again is commendable. Was never made clear that would be the case for RRFC. 

That's great and again is commendable. Was never made clear that would be the case for RRFC. 

I have paid for every away stream too, no matter how shit the quality has been on the basis that it was helping out the other team during this crisis - some of these games I wouldn’t have attended under normal circumstances. The principle that the money I earn is worth less than, for example, a QOTS fan is what is going to deny you revenue here. I’ll get my updates from the web.

28 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

That assumes fans won't be back this season of course and every game will be behind closed doors, but that is a possibility. Some clubs will need to be fluid with pricing as the pandemic progresses and id imagine the lack of clarity around fans coming back will have made forecasting and budgeting a nightmare. I presume all of that was done with some fans coming back relatively soon, and that is completely unknown. It's great and commendable that Hearts and Dunfermline are keeping their prices the same, but Dunfermline for example have had the benefit of significant changes at boardroom level to put the club on a sounder footing. 

I preferred the baker talk. Now we’re on to dreary stuff about PPV pricing and keeping the more miserable season tickets holders happy. Only an accountant or possibly a QS could appreciate that chat.